Square Enix Favorite Chrono Trigger Character.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Star Princess, Aug 26, 2003.

?

Favorite character?

1. Crono

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Marle

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Lucca

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Frog

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Robo

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Ayla

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Magus

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Schala

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Queen Zeal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Have you ever wondered......

Lavos, you just love to hate him.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Level her up, she gets the Bronze Fist around level... I think 50 or 60 somthing, I can't remember exactly, and the Iron Fist at level 99.

Can you put the endings in
    tags? In case someone who hasn't played it comes across this thread. And double posting is bad around here, sextuple posting is even worse. :p

I've played Chrono Trigger a lot, it was my favorite RPG for awhile. I found my favorite team was Crono, Magus, and Lucca. No triple tech, but a lot of power behind it. You do go pretty heavy on healing items with that team, though.

Have you beaten Lavos going solo with Crono? :)

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have. It was unbearably hard in his third form because of the fact that you might spend 2-3 turns recuperating and he'll hit you with Grand Stone or Grand Lullaby.

But, it was fun...only if you had a few dozen megalixers to back you up. 'Course, Safe Helm really helps a lot, along with Prism Specs.

4. marlefan

marlefan New Member

How do I use
    tags?

5. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Lavos is evil right? I think that there's a possibility that he is a misunderstood
    character.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

[spoiler=subject]spoilers

Lavos is a life form that feeds off other life forms in order to exist, simple as that. In that, Lavos is no different from anything other sentient life form. The only reason it was seen as evil is because it was feeding off the life of an entire planet, rather than say.. the mice that snakes kill and eat. Because of the scope of its actions, it was seen as evil.

7. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Lavos's anger

Have you ever wondered why Schala gets struck by electricity before you meet up with Lavos?

Well, it's because she has the pendant, and the Red Knife had been put into the Mammon Machine, which became a sword, the Masamune! Anyway, Lavos saw this as an opportunity to try and change things to the way they were before he met up with Queen Zeal. So he activated the power of the pendant, (which has a bit of his power that he locked away, just in case his life would not go as he needed it to) to create a massive timegate to bring Schala, and everyone else to face him. As we all know, if you lose against Lavos this first time, you don't lose the game, you just trigger an event, Magus attacks Lavos, but fails to put a scratch on Lavos. Then Queen Zeal has Lavos absorb everyone into himself, Lavos does this, reluctantly for he is not so far gone yet that he has no command over himself, when Crono challenges Lavos and Queen Zeal, Lavos is shocked, and realizes that Crono is from the future, and with the power of the pendant, creates a time freeze, for he knew that without this Crono, he and the world had no future. (when Lavos created the time freeze, he also placed his power into the Time Egg so that Crono could be revived)
    Lavos then shows his anger at Zeal, by destroying her kingdom, and ending the Ice Age, however, Schala is still alive all because she is also a key element for the future. The Black Omen is a structure that was formed by Lavos's power, but Zeal created it. Queen Zeal was not made insane by discovering Lavos, if you talk to one of the people on the floating island that contains the Zeal Palace, you will find out that Queen Zeal's husband had died, and obviously went crazy because of this. When she discovered Lavos, she found a bottomless resource for power, and the possibility for immortality. So she promised Lavos power, and to Lavos, power meant energy, which according to him, meant that he didn't need to take as much energy from the planet. However, Lavos was angry when he learned that Zeal was using him, and crushed her kingdom. Lavos went to sleep, hoping that he would awaken long after Queen Zeal was dead so that he could resume his normal life. But, when he did wake up, he was corrupt, for Queen Zeal had absorbed most of his purified power, only three things existed that contained his purified power, Marle's pendant, the Time Egg, and the tree at the top of Death's Peak, for, these three items were created by Lavos so that if his future was bleak, that he might be able to alter his life back to the way it was when he landed, for when Lavos surfaced in the year, 1999 he felt that he was doomed for sure, and, he was right, by the time 2300 A.D. came around, he realized one thing, he and the planet were both dying, so Lavos reached across time with his power to search for the pendant in the time period before it dissappeared, and found it, in 1000 A.D., and using it's power combined with the power of Lucca's Telepod, created a timegate, in fact, he created all of the timegates, (including the one that you can only enter once, he created that one because it was a last ditch attempt to prove that he wasn't just concerned for himself, but for the people and the planet as well) anyway, Lavos created the special sapling that you find, it has the power to recover lost time streams, this was originally created just in case Lavos died, but instead it is used on Crono because Crono was more important. Anyway, do you remeber when I mentioned earlier that Lavos had created the time freeze? Well, he also sent the Gurus to crucial places in time so as to save the future if it was needed. He also sent Janus to a crucial place in time so that Janus would not have to grow up under Zeal's parenting. Did you also know that Lavos gave the planet double the energy that he absorbed before he met up with Zeal? So you could say that Lavos had a symbiotic relationship with the planet.(this means that it was as if Lavos didn't exist) After he met up with Zeal, he couldn't afford to give as much back to the planet, (this is why it took so long for Lavos to mature,if he hadn't been discovered, he would have awoken at 1500 A.D., and the future would have been extremely different, this also means that the Ice Age would have never existed), in fact Lavos was planning on communing with the dominant species of the planet peacefully(in other words he planned to live in harmony with humans).

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Ok... you're officially scaring me. I think you're putting waaaay too much thought into a video game (not that I'm one to talk >.>)

Anyway your idea has merit, but it's also far more complex than most video game plots, and given the circumstances, it's unlikely to be true.

However, there's always fanfiction. :)

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Didn't the Guru of Time specifically create the Time Egg/Chrono Trigger? Lavos was also said to eat worlds, a la Galactus. It's a parasite, so its ONLY saving grace is that it spawns smaller versions of itself, and it would have to die on the planet it seeded itself in.

...I'll make a better post later. =P

10. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Chrono Trigger Soul?

My info on Lavos isn't just backed up by weak theories, it's mainly based on the storyline of the shortlived game Chrono Trigger Soul (I have no idea what it's real name is, so bear with me:confused: ). Lavos's fate is also kind of explained in a bit more detail in Chrono Cross. (I could be wrong though:D ).

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Do you mean Radical Dreamers? The text-based game that was released shortly after, Japan only?

12. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Japan only?

I think not! There are two english copies of it, how do I know? I've played it. So anyway, another character that I like is Bob, aka Robo, I love his combo attacks with Lucca, Fire Tackle and DoubleVBomb.

The guru of time had made the Time Egg, but Lavos placed his power inside of it. And if Melchior had known that the seedling had been created by Lavos, he would've destroyed it. (I'm pretty sure that lavos created it) Anyway, haven't you wondered why you have to go to the top of Death's Peak to revive Crono, when that's the place that Lavos rules the world from? (you find this out somewhere in Chrono Trigger, I just can't remember where)