Television Favorite shows growing up!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Stardust Phox, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Buwahahaa, nostalgia attack! What shows did you watch faithfully as a kid? Do they air anywhere now?

Me first~! ^_^

I was a Disney and Nickelodeon girl. Back in the day, man, ever since the (very) late 80's. The Dumbo's Circus and Winnie the Pooh shows where people'd dress up as them were among my first favorites, as well as the Care Bears (mwahaha), Gummi Bears, and all them great shows.

I know I could go on and on about Nickelodeon in the 90's (eh, the early to the mid and some (not much) of the late 90's, that is), especially since my cable company decided to be cool and offer Nick GaS (Games and Sports -- I love this channel) and Noggin/The-N. But won't you agree with me that part of Nick's charm was all those game shows? Dude. I wanted to be on, like, all of them. ^_^;;

Mkay, Gata shuts up now, because she can go on and on and on about this. And that's... just... not a good thing. ^^;;;

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I remember a very cool show in the 80's.

It was called Blackstar. It was about an astronaut who got sucked by a black hole and ended up in a mysterious and magical planet.

He had this cool sword. The star sword I think, and there was this villain who had the other half.

I don't know why I liked FILMATION (ding!) cartoons. He-man was another very good one. I also remember the Adventures of Tarzan (also by filmation).

Another good show (don't remember the producer) was Dungeons & Dragons.

It was about some kinds who went to a fair and in a rollercoaster of the same name they were transported to a magical world.

I _LOVED_ that show! What irritates me is that it got cancelled and I could never see the ending - or actually, the writers couldn't MAKE the ending. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

And about anime, who could forget? ROBOTECH!! I think it was my favorite show ever.

3. Dante

Dante New Member

Well, there was really only one decent show around when I was a kid. And, Hell, it's like the best show ever now, yo'. >:

Of course, everyone knows that I'm talking about the best of the best, the Nickelodeon cartoons to rule all Nickelodeon cartoons:

The Muppet Babies

1 person likes this.
  4. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Ah, back in the day when the mornings would be racked with a incredible variety of American Cartoons... I remember waking up on Saturday mornings at what now seems an ungodly hour, to watch the early morning cartoons. The Muppet Babies were always really good (ANIMAL!!), so was Garfield and Friends, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, EarthWorm Jim and also one I barely remember: Biker Mice from Mars. But the best of all these shows (to me at least) is, hands down, without a doubt, Ghost Busters.

Some other honorable mentions are: GI Joe, Mega Man, and Toxic Crusaders(but we still love girls!).

:D Hah. Good times. Unfortunatly, none of these shows play anymore. There is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles out, but that just isn't the same.

5. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I don't think I lived then, but I loved the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Garfield and the Muppet Babies. Yes, they all aired in Finland in the 90's except He-Man, but my grandpa bought me tapes of He-Man! Man, I miss those days...

6. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I was a sesame street kid, my favorite character was Ernie, and I still have a collection of toys of him. I also watched the teenage mutant turtles, and I dont really remember much of it, but I do remember most of the Sesame Street skits and I can recite the whole 'whubba whubba' song!

I also remember the letter people, and how much they scared me, specially since my sister always told me that they attacked little children, and for some reason I believed her.

I also remember (sadly) the power rangers, but I remember one whole episodes with steroids... oh very sad...

Im kind of sad though now, they have depreciated alot of the kids Tv shows, and it is kind of sad that kids arent learning anything, but there are some shows that still exist, and v. weirdly my little neighbour who is only 8 years old knows pre-algebra from PBS, now I feel that alot of my life has been totally wasted...

7. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

I'm proud, I was a mini-otaku. I loved Sailor Moon (and some other animes, i forget the names), lol, and so did my cousin.. HE loved it. I was about 6, otherwise maybe playschool, which doesnt count. :p

--Beauty :catgirl:

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Had a slew of 'em.

Sesame Street (Still watch on occassion, for the Cookie Monster)
    Saved by the Bell
    King Arthur and the Knights of the Round
    Ronin Warriors
    Family Matters
    Full House
    X-Men
    Kimagure Orange Road (I kid you not)

and, that's just about it.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm.. I watched He-Man, She-Rah, Muppet Babies, ThunderCats, Fraggle Rock to name a few. Saturday mornings I enjoyed Spider-man, X-Men, I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too. Also this one show where five people got into cat mechas to join a huge mecha.. I don't recall it's name but they were Cats. I also watched Batman the animated and Superman.

and you know, I recall ThunderBirds being on tv a long time ago, but the marionettes scared me. Now they have the movie coming out, and the kids are so scary looking they must be the children of the marionettes!

10. Fushigi Rockna

i watched my shows on a lot of tapes. I watched Strawberry Shortcake, (the new one is horrible!!!) rainbow brite, She-ra, and the likes. ON the TV I watched garfield, Charlie Brown and sailor moon. Boy did I love Sm. <3

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I completly forgot about Sesame street. I used to watch that too, but that big elephant (I can't even remotely spell his name) really scared me once. The show ended for me that day.

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol guys you are reminding me of all these other shows like Care Bears and Gummi Bears, and Hello Kitty and were the Popples a show? and this Wuffalumps one? and My Little Ponies? or did I make those up. and all those Disney ones.. Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, then Gargoyles.. and.. Jem and the Holograms! the Misfits were cool.. mwa ha..

I also.. watched Captain Planet.. for a time.. the song got stuck in my head.. :( looting and polluting is not the way! Here what Captain Planet has to say!

13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

There just is so many.

He-Man, She-Rah, Muppet Babies, ThunderCats, Fraggle Rock, Spiderman, X-men, Smurfs, Snorks, Gummi Bears, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, My little Pony, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, Captain Planet, Garfield and Friends, Scooby doo. Pup named Scooby doo, Winnie the Pooh, Beetlejuice, Bugs Bunny and Tweety show, Looneytunes, Dink the little Dinosaur, California Raisins, Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters, Alvin and the Chimpmunks, Tom and Jerry Kids, Super Mario Bros, Bobby's World, Goof Troop, Little Mermaid, Batman, Pound Puppies, Tiny Toons, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Tick, Aladdin, Animaniacs, Where is Carmen Sandiego?, Batman and Robin, Fantastic Four, Scooby's All Stars, Challenge of the Superfriends, Daffy Duck, Popeye, Flintstones, Richie Rich, Heathcliff (whatever show he was off of. Junk yard cats too.), Incedible Hulk, Pac man, Shirt Tales, Might ducks, and a few more.

Non cartoon Saved by the Bell, Family Matters, Full House, Mr. Dressup, Werid Science, Married with Children, Home Improvement, Hercules, Xena, Roseanne, Land Of The Lost, Sweet Valley High, Knightrider, and more.

Did I ever go outside? Well, I do remember going outside more then staying inside. Life was easy back then.

1 person likes this.
  15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Voltron, yo. VOLTRON.

Anyway, I can't believe I forgot that. And TMNT, and Spider-Man and teh Super Friends. And Speed Racer, and...well...let's just say I spent more time on the TV than in school.

16. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Captain Planet... Ugh, ya..

ohh, i remember him :| when we went to "swimming lessons" (compulsary :anger2: ) my 2 closest friends and I always sang REALLY loudly the captain planet theme... what a shameful way to embarrass yourself in 1st grade, right through until perhaps the end of 3rd... ^_^;;;

~Beauty... :catgirl:

17. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Captain Planet... heeh. XD Some of my classmates and I started doing the ring chant (um, the "Let our powers combine!" bit~). We did it every period. The teachers looked at us weird. And the one who would be Captain Planet has a deep voice, so it sounded really cool. XD And then we were all, "Go planet!" And then we'd sing the song. XD XD I love being a geek.

I VAGUELY remember the Shirt Tales. And I'm not making a huge list of the things I watched because... that's... a big list. And, don't hurt me, but I NEVER watched Sesame Street, nor was I interested in it. *shrug* I'm weird that way, I guess.

...Eureeka's Castle, though... and all those. Yeah. ^_^;; The Little Bits, David the Gnome... *trails off into memories*

18. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

The show that I used to watch it was the Knights of the Zodiac. Yep the good ald times. :)

19. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

Aaaah, good old Sesame Street :rolleyes:

Although my all-time favourite show was the Clangers...gotta love the Soup Dragon! ;)

20. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Hmm...
    Spiderman (still watchin it :))
    X-Men
    Super Mario Brotherss (Canceled :mad: )
    The Legend of Zelda (Canceled :mad: )
    Megaman (The old one, not the new NT one.)
    Man, those were hella good shows. I still miss SMB and LoZ, those pazowned.
    Ah, almost forgot, great Kasumi, Izzy. :)