Television Favorite shows growing up!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Stardust Phox, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

For me it was mostly Thomas The Tank Engine and Loony Toons, i think. It's hard for me to remember that far back when i can bearly remember what happened last week :sweat2:.

2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I watched (this is within span from age 1-10):

Just about everything on the Disney Channel, including Winnnie the Pooh XD except for the MIckey mouse club *shivers*
    Sesame Street ~Snuffelufagus!! ha ha
    The Muppets
    I cant believe i admit to it but. . . Power Rangers
    Then there were the cartoons on "Cartoon Disney" Like Ducktales, Talespin, Chip and Dale rescue rangers, Dark Wing Duck and Goof Troop

XDD and all the other verisons. . . Where in the world? Where in time?
    I almost remember the theme song. . ."Tell me where in time is carmen sandiego. . . .We are on a case that is taking us thru history" thats all i remember . . .sad isnt it?

Family Matters, Full House, Home Improvement, Reading Rainbow, Land of the Lost.
    Then there were the oldies i watched with my mom on Nick at Night; I love Lucy, I dream of Jeanie, Brady BUnch, Partridge Family, Chips and Gilligan's island.

I still watch all the oldies ocationally and Home Improvement sometimes aswell.

3. Fushigi Rockna

OMG!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT CARE BEARS AND POPPLES!!!

care Bears are my heroes. <3 I still watch them noiw and then...it's funny, i cna remember full episodes form when i was five. I've been trying to collect care bears stuffed animals for a while now...because everyone knows Care bear plushies are the cutest. :)

Popples were the awesomest. it's cool that they tried to bring it back...I should've gone out and bought some...

4. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Im 13 (be 14 in a couple weeks) and Im still a kid ,but the shows I use to watch as a littlekid were littlebear, franklin,captain planet,and everything on nick.I watched The Munsters<is that right,lucy,I loved the movie babe and casper, I still watch lucy tho.

5. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I raise my hand in guilt as well. XD Fact is, I'll still watch it if it's on. I like it. Teh cheeziness it eats you... ^_^;

Somebody mentioned Little Bear, didn't they? Yes! It was KaYasha! ^_^ I love Little Bear. (It still airs on Noggin/The-N.) And also, The Busy World of Richard Scarry. I still remember the theme song. ^_^

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Most of the shows you all are listing seem new to me. I feel old.

7. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Hey I used to watch the Power Rangers too so, I guess Im guilty too.

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Let's see.

Knights of the Zodiac
    Battle of the Planets (Also known as "G-Force)
    Robotech
    Doraemon
    Moldiver
    Transformers
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Oddly named as "Teenage Mutant Turtle Heros" in Europe)
    M.A.S.K
    Centurions
    Voltron!
    Knight Rider
    Airwolf
    A-Team

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I forgot about that show! My brother still has this beaten up action figure of the blue suited guy too. I recall G.I.Joe as well.. the A-Team was something I started watching in my teens. and what about The Dukes of Hazard?

10. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Wow, there are so many..

Well, it seems there are tones I’ve missed!
    Guilty, also, of the Power Rangers (Some friends, my cousin and I used to pretend to be them also… same thing with Captain Planet…)
    Little Bear (Gotta love the kawaii shows!)
    Hello Kitty never aired here :anger2:
    I’ve never heard of the Popples, mustn’t have aired here also
    Where is Carmen Sandiego? (Is that the one with that lady in the red hat or something? With the cloak…? Coz I think I watched that as well)
    Thomas The Tank Engine… Bad memories of being a 2-4 year old.
    I never liked much animations that looked “dull”, in some sense, like ummm, (without being harsh or offensive to anybody..) animations like He-man and the Masters of the Universe, etc XD, stuff like that
    Who knows the Brak Show? o_O that is hilarious! Haha! I’d still watch that!
    Top Cat, Speed Racer, Smurfs, Garfield and Friends (that’s pretty funny).
    Aright, I admit I wasn’t a full otaku, but I didn’t even know what manga or anime were in the slightest until I was at least 11! Sailor Moon was a fluke *cries* umm, yeah..
    Rugrats (that is so cute, and so corny as well! Ahh the chaos stupid little babies can get themselves into!)
    Pound Puppies (I have a video of that ^_^)
    Ninja Turtles
    Batman *shame, for now I dislike it.. a lot*
    The Addams Family! They're kewl!

Live Action:
    Saved by the Bell
    Xena (And the embarrassing thing… I used to imitate her battle cry >.< stupid childhood immaturity!)
    Degrassi Junior High (for some reason…)
    Lucky (at least, I think it was called Lucky… It’s about a guy who turns into a dog on some circumstance, I forget how… There were 2 series’ – One had a white dog and the other a brownish one? Smeh)
    Most of the oldies ones mentioned here

Oh what I can remember with a little help sometimes *sigh* I often have Kain’s problem of forgetting things as long as a week ago :dizzy2:

Awww don’t worry bout it! So what? Most of them are corny as hell, even though others are cherished and loved, I’m sure you have your share of them! ^-^ You’re never too old until, hrmm, never thought bout this… well, I can assure you that it isn’t bad that you haven’t heard of some shows listed, no biggie, Basher

11. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It's one of the best shows ever made...

" Power EXTREME (Treme....treme....treme...in a ecoish way)

That blue suit guy, who uses airbased weapons, is called Ace McCloud I believe.

12. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

i only watched 3 shows. power rangers, simpsons, and pokemon.

13. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Nostalgia circle time!!!!! ^_^

Hmm, well when I was a wee lil' lasse I thoroughly enjoyed both Scooby Doo (my obsession was made fun of to the point of absurdity *sniff*) and Rugrats, but once I eventually grew out of those I had a dry spell where no shows truly appealed to me - either because I happen to be picky or because most decent shows were unavailable/too mature for me. Probably the former ^_^

But seriously, once I got older I became I huge fangirl of Boy Meets World (to the dismay of my friends who almost became monotonous with their claims of "quit watching that stupid teen soap!", and while at the time I was too blinded by my 11 year old fangirl-ism, I have to admit that they were absolutely correct. When I watch it now, I usually have a good chuckle over it ^_^.

POWERPUFF GIRLS! That was before Inuyasha, actually. They're just so adorable!!!! Blossom is an insufferable know-it-all, but Bubbles is incredibly adorable and Buttercup is just kick-***! To this day my room is adorned with Powerpuff Girl wallpaper, posters, bedspread, etc. just because I don't possess the time or finances to redecorate. Ahh well, I still think they're cute.

14. -Vicious-

-Vicious- New Member

i used to watch power rangers and this show called Bobbys world. it was a awsome show but i dont know what happaned to it. i think it went off the air.

15. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Pokemon, Powerpuff Girls, Animaniacs, Full House, etc..

16. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

When I was really little I think I really liked Sesame Street. And Muppet Babies... which was probably taken off the air ten years ago. Then it was Power Rangers! I watched them every day after school, before they turned into super mega space rangers, or whatever they're called now.
    And then whatever was on, like Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold, Freakazoid, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, etc. Speaking of Ren & Stimpy, I always thought it was a little inapropriate for young children. (But I watched it!) It had some really gross humor in it...
    But my favorite childhood show was of course Sailor Moon! I wanted to be a magical girl so bad I thought I would actually be given a magic brooch when I turned thirteen. XD

Ah yes, Kag, aren't they adorable? I used to like PPG too, in fact, I still do! My favorite has always been Bubbles.

17. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

LOL, i totally forgot about about Ren and Stimpy, i always thought that was so gross it was funny, and some of the things they did were just nuts.
    I also recall watching MASK when i was a kid, i remember that i liked it but i can't remember what it was about. Heh, but i always remember going to a friends birthday party and every single present he got was a different MASK toy lol.
    What else i also remember watching Jace and the Wheel Warriors ( i think thats what it was called), i thought that was pretty good, i always like the animation of the vine's in that show.
    I also remeber watching Captin Planet every Saturday, however nowadays when i hear the theme tune i want to scream, it's just SOOO cheesy, sorry to all the Captin Planet fans out there.