Yu-Gi-Oh! Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Pairings?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Dilandau, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

What can I say... I blame my own morbid curiousity for this thread. XD

Anyway, what are your favorite YGO het/yaoi/yuri couplings? Canon or fanon, doesn't matter.

It's been a long time since I indulged in any YGO shipping myself. Back when I was more interested in the series, though, I had a strange fascination with the idea of Seto/Mokuba as a fluff pairing. (Yes, I know, I'm sick - but what kind of person uses his LITTLE BROTHER as the princess in a virtual reality game? XD I swear, I think being so rich kinda made Seto... "eccentric." *snicker*)

Then there's Seto/Yugi, which I always thought would be cute - though Seto/Yami I've never liked or supported. (Seto is NOT the Priest, just as Yugi is NOT the Pharaoh - which is why I don't see Seto/Yami as supported by the idea of the Egyptian High Priest with the Pharaoh. As both are modern reincarnations of sorts, Seto belongs with Yugi. ~_^)

And... Well, I couldn't help but think that Otogi (Duke Devlin) had one helluva crush on Pegasus. >_>

2. Fushigi Rockna

KAIBA AND JOUNOUCHI!!!!
    *faints*

Seriously I love that couple. They'd be so darn cute! I mean they really can't stand each other right nowbut if they started to actually get respect for eahc other and then feelings started to develop, they'd be so cute! ^^ And then 'puppy' would be like a pet name :p

the kaiba and Yuugi one is cute tho I have to say. I don't like it much, but it's cute

Mokuba and Kaiba is...gross...I'm sorry but it is. Maybe if Mokuba wasn't so small and young, I cna picture him doing something sick and wrong to his big brother :)P sick mind coming through) but not how small and young he is now. The prospect of Kaiba having feelings other than 'big brother ones' towards Mokuba never crossed my mind, although, i always thought Mokuba had a crush on his big brother, one he may not have even been aware of.
    As a fluff pairing tho, well...maybe :p
    Noa and Mokuba tho is somewhat more believable to me. They're like almost the smae height and age :p (wlel Noa appears around the same age) But then, Noa's virtual :p it ain't the same

Anyways, out of the gutter!

Yuugi and Anzu always struck me as a cute couple. :p Mai and Jounouchi too. And the Shizuka, Honda and Otogi love triangle was cute too and made me giggle. XD hehe

3. Dilandau

Well, despite physical age, Mokuba's always struck me as being very mature. He's often seen helping Kaiba with various adult functions within the company, and within tournaments - like Seto, he's growing up very fast. I think that's what makes it plausible for me.

Besides, Mokuba's going to grow up to be such a seme, you can just tell. XD He has a really strong personality. I don't support pervert!Seto taking advantage of an innocent child one bit - but like you said, Mokuba just might take the initiative. XD (I actually have a doujinshi where Mokuba is the top in a very lemony scene - it's the only YGO doujin I own. *snicker* Now, what does that say about me? XD)

What cemented it for me was the mini-arc into Seto's virtual RPG world, where the princess was a Mokuba look-alike. XD What other reason could there be, except that Seto's kinda... well, kinky? *LOL*

Oh, totally. Sexual issues aside, I think Mokuba has a very obvious innocent crush on his big brother, at the very least. XD

I've always kinda been intrigued by the idea of Yami Bakura/Mokuba too. :/ I mean, why else would he have wanted Mokuba's body instead of Seto's, after Pegasus sporked out their souls? Naughty Yami Bakura. >_>;

4. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well I must thank you two for corrupting my lovely and innocent mind *washes away all images of Mokuba and Kaiba*.

I've always been a fan of the Joey (dunno his Jap. name) and Tea pairing, since (for some reason) I never really saw the vibe between Joey and Mai, and while I haven't read much of the manga it seemed a bit like Tea was more interested in Yami then Yugi himself.

5. Dilandau

Any time, m'dear. ~_^

Huh... Jou/Anzu's certainly a less common pairing, compared to some. Personally, though, I can't say I see the vibe for that one OR for Jou/Mai. XD

Yep, she is. Yami saves her at one point and she only hears his voice - from that point on, she has a huge crush on her "mystery man." Initially she has no idea that he has any connection to Yugi.

6. Fushigi Rockna

Mokuba looks like a girl anyways. :p
    I always thought that may have been some way for Kaiba to tell Mokuba to get himself a haircut. XD When i first saw mokuba, my first reaction was "Aw, how cute! Kaiba's got a sister!" I always thought that kaiba knew that his brother looked like a girl, and honestly I don't think he's the type of person that actually likes that idea. but since he's the good big brother he is, he probably doesn't say anything about it. But I think that making Mokuba a princess in his virtual game may have been Kaiba's little way of telling him that. :p Once more, never crossed my mind that he did that for THOSE reasons. Heck, he could've just been teasing.

Dilandou, you think too much about that stuff. :p lol

but once more, the only thing that really bothers me about that relationship is how small Mokuba is. let him age 5 more years :p And the fact they're brothers. And there's also the little fact that eveyrbody that doesn't like Kaiba that I've tlaked too, always tend to say it's because "he's a gay pedophile" and i always used to try and prove them wrong. can't do that if I'm swinging towards Mokuba and Kaiba yaoi. :p

Yer welcome dearie. :)

7. Dilandau

*LMAO* I don't think he's that subtle about that sort of thing. XD

o_O Kaiba... teasing. *brain shorts out*

Since when does he have a sense of humor? XD I dunno, I'll have to wait on the subs' release and see what was originally said about all that before I can give a final verdict.

About characters' motives, or about yaoi? XD *coughbothcough*

Honestly, as twisted as it is, that's part of my justification. XD I don't think Seto will ever be closer to or more trusting of anyone else, and I think it'd break his heart if someday Mokuba went off and found a girlfriend. They have such a close bond as siblings, but they also work together - there's so much mutual trust between them.

*LOL* XD

I don't think Seto's a pedophile. I just think that he has a better relationship with Mokuba - platonic or otherwise - than he's ever going to have with anyone else. He doesn't trust easily, and he can be very controlling. But Mokuba's got his big brother wrapped around his finger. XD It's not as if the two of them would have a romantic relationship where either was fully in control - there would be a lot of give and take, because I really don't see Seto as being comfortable with his sexuality, and I don't think he would ever make the first move. Especially not with Mokuba.

Suffice to say, I see them as... mm, soulmates, I guess. I think they give each other more than they could give anyone else, and I think it's cute. ^_^ I don't see it as an inherently sexual relationship.

8. Fushigi Rockna

Let's put Yaoi on hold for a while, some people might take offense to it...(though you bring up execellant points Dilandou)

Anywho, I almost forgot about the Kaiba and Shizuka pairing. That's been around for a while, and it's the only non yaoi kaiba pairing i can say i like. But it's only because of 2 reasons. 1) they look somewhat cute together, 2) THE LOOK ON JOUNOUCHI'S FACE!!!! XD XD PRICELESS!!!!!

Still goin' for Jounouchi and kaiba though! XD hehe

9. Senko

Senko New Member

*ahem* well...I am going to be honest! Hopefully none of you is a Tea-Basher here but whatever! My favorite pairing is TeaxBakura or TeaxMalik or TeaxMarik! I find all the other couples ok too. Now if fanfiction wasn't introduced to me then I would've answered somethin' like TeaxYami but fanfiction has allowed me to imagine the most abnormal couples ever! I also like SerenityxKaiba.

I find the yaoi couples kinda...eew thing yknow. It's just...I once read a fic and I tried to imagine them but then when I imagined them I thought,"Eeeewww!"

10. Dilandau

Funny, I have the same reaction to the "standard" het pairings in YGO. XD Eh... It's not that I've got anything against straight pairings, it's just that in most cases I don't see any magnetism between the characters, and a yaoi pairing seems more plausible to me given the characters' personalities. It's not about gender, it's about who I think is compatible with who. :3

But anywho... Bakura/Anzu(Téa)?! o_O That's disturbing. Are you talking about Bakura or Yami Bakura? I'm curious what premise you see for them, regardless...

I guess my thing against Kaiba/Shizuka(Serenity) is that early on, she had very little confidence and was totally whiny - and NOT in a cute way. It was like, "*whiiiine* But I need my brother here or I won't go through with my operation!!" (struck me as really disrespectful to Jonouchi, since he'd already paid for the operation - which should indicate that he cared about and supported her plenty). And then she spent, like, five episodes afterwards whining about how scared she was to have the bandages taken off. -_- Eh. That just doesn't seem like a personality that would click with Kaiba's - the fact is that he CAN be abusive and cold, so someone who's a bit on the emotionally fragile side just wouldn't hold up so well. :/

11. Fushigi Rockna

Whoa, I never thought about that! o_O You're right!

Bah, he's not compaitable with ANY of the YGO females...And don't say he is with Isis because I'll kill something if anyone says that! That is without a doubt the most UNLIKELY couple I ever saw! Seriously...

Anzu/Tea and Bakura? I once talked to a person that liked the Shizuka/Serenity and Bakura couple...I kinda like that one more than Anzu and Bakura...

*Raises hand* :D I'm a tea Basher but not a Anzu basher (meaning she was better before 4Kids got their paws on her!!!!)

12. Dilandau

Ew, Kaiba/Isis? I really can't see that...

I think one of the problems is that as a series, YGO suffers from a lack of female characters who aren't overcompensating in some way - i.e. Mai's materialistic and self-confident "tough girl" behavior, Anzu's constant railing about dreams and friendship, Shizuka's worrying and the subsequent lessons on believing in people. They have trouble standing on their own as characters. The male cast members get more spotlight and more development, and NOT just as plot devices (which is mainly what Shizuka and Isis are for much of the time). It creates a discrepency that makes it tough to find any likable, logical het pairings.

And Kaiba's not a terribly pairable character, let's face it. XD I really only support two pairings for him (Kaiba/Mokuba, Kaiba/Yugi), though there are others that I'll admit are interesting (if not terribly likely).

13. NoDa

NoDa New Member

Kaiba x Isis
    Kaiba x Shizuka
    Mokuba x Rabecca
    Honda x Shizuka
    Otogi x Mai

that's all i can think of :D

14. Fushigi Rockna

yeah, exactly. Which is exactly why you have all these KaibaxOC fanfics (which I'm not comdeming. Whenever I write Kaiba fanfiction it's usually ALWAYS kaibaxOC stuff, with exception to a yaoi one :p) People WANT to pair him up with somebody. the problem is most people don't make a character that he is likely to end up with. It can't be a Mary Sue cause chances are they're not very compaitable with him theirself (i know I'm not, as much as i love him, if he were real, we'd never work out. :p) And it needs to be someone REAL special to gain his affection. I've had tons of fanfiction experiments for this purpose...it's difficult to create a character like that...

This also the reason we see KaibaxIsis pairings even tho there was NO vibe between them AT ALL! But because fans want to pair kaiba up WITH someone (Yuugi can be paired with Anzu, Jounouchi with Mai, Shizuka with either Honda or Otogi) they try to pair him up with isis.

Either that or the chick Priest Set was sacrificing to the BEWD in that vision thingy Kaiba had during his duel with Isis. gawd, I always hear fans going "Oh, she must've been his past lover! That's why she appeared in his vision! Why else?!" Gee could it possibly be because it's a RANDOM VISION AND THAT COULD BE ANYONE!? geez...i've seen people try to say it's Shizuka too. Look people, PLATNINUM BLONDE hair that's slightly WAVY! --; Sorry gotta vent some anger...

Honestly though, there are some girls in other animes i can see him with. the first one that always pops to my head is Yui from FY. After that would be Mint from Tokyo Mew Mew (if she were like 3 years older). Because they're so much like him but not completly..

Aw, no Jounouchi/Kaiba pairing? :( *pouts*

15. Dilandau

That's true of most of the "nearly universally-incompatible" characters. XD I dunno. In my book, there are some characters who should be left alone - I DEPLORE canon/OC relationships 99% of the time because they're just done badly so often. If you have to go out of your way to create a lover for a series character because NO ONE in the series fits with them in your mind... doesn't that say something about the character?

Ah, too true. I'm sorry to keep bringing up my creepy yaoi fangirlism, but it keeps being relevent ^^; - but that's what I see as the basis for Seto/Mokuba. Mokuba's already got his foot in the door, so to speak, because he's arguably the most important person who has ever been and will ever be in Kaiba's life entirely by Kaiba's choice.

And, likewise, I've experimented a lot with the thought of different pairings. Most haven't worked.

~_~; I won't even start on how desperate some fans are... But I agree with you. Honestly, I'm happy enough to leave Kaiba un-paired most of the time. It's easier to focus on other possible couples.

I just seriously don't understand the Kaiba/Shizuka thing, though. I really don't. She's probably my LAST choice for a het pairing for him, because she just gives me the impression that she's very weak and reliant. :/ While it's true that Kaiba has a protective streak a mile long (when it comes to his company, his cards, his reputation, and especially his brother), he would probably overcompensate with a lover - either too aloof or too stifling, or both in alternating bursts. Makes me think he needs somebody with a spine, y'know?

I've recently acquired a couple of doujinshi you might like. ;P (I hate the pairing, but the art was good and it cost me $5 for the both of 'em. XD *LOL*) Lots of doggy jokes.

16. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

The only pairing that has any right TO BE A PAIRING was between Pegasus and . . . whats-her-name. After that, not only did I find none of the pairings plausible, I lost interest in the series. None of the later villians had anywhere near Peggy's (wow, scary nickname!) depth of character, nor did they have any plausible explanation to become evil (ambition, I'm gonna take over the world :anger2: way overused). Not that I particularly liked the series to begin with . . .

*Goes to different forum*

17. Senko

Senko New Member

I just don't find very many good yaoi pairings. I know, I know Anzu/Bakura is wierd. And *ahem* I mean...the dark Bakura since we call the light one Ryou. Anyways I know it's wierd but I just sorta like the good girl bad boy pairing(even if the bad boy is evil0.o). Also...there is this writer at fanfiction.net and she is pro-anzu. I think her fics were what started to make me like the Anzu/Bakura pairing.

I wonder if the girls are less annoying in the japanese version. I mean...all and I mean ALL of the YGO characters are really annoying to me but I still like'em ;) I really don't know why :confused:

18. Dilandau

We? I don't. XD I think it's stupid, since Bakura Ryou is consistently called "Bakura" by his friends - and we don't go around calling Yami "Motou," do we? Eh, but my griping about that has it's own thread. ;P

Err... In this case I think it's more of a good girl/evil, raw-flesh-eating-ancient-bandit-spirit boy. XD But hey, it's all good.

19. Senko

Senko New Member

I know....but it's just what seperates them when writing fanfiction. You ever read the YGO fanfics at fanfiction.net? Cuz if you do that's how we seperate them0.o Oh well I'll just call them light Bakura and dark Bakura here then.

Good girl and uh....evil, raw-flesh-eating-ancient-bandit-spirit boy pairing seems cool to meXD Besides Anzu and Dark Bakura together is so cute(in my point of view)! :p

20. Fushigi Rockna

*resurrect thread, ressurect thread*

I resuurected this thread because a) i thought it was one of the better threads in the YGO forum, that had a ton of potential for discussion, but sadly did not gett eh attention ti deserved and b) i ahve another fav. couple.

Priest Seto and Kisara. Dude...I lvoe those two...I just lvoe the whole idea that kisara's ka is...
    The Blue Eyes White dragon. Seto acquired it through her death, tho, he didn't wnat her killed. Totally explains his utter obsession with the BEWD in his present life
    yeah. :)