Television Favourite TV Shows as a Child?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Quistis, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Ok I was wondering. When you where a little kid what shows did you love and watch all the time?

Mine was acctually, The Simpsons. My parents let me watch it at the age of 4. I was in love with it as a child, and I am still in love with it. Loved The Carebears. Loved Loony Tunes. Then there was The Original Power Rangers lol ok I like them. I loved the pink one :) There was Seseami Street (I cant spell) I am like still singing some of those songs when I go and babysite with the kids ^^. I loved Star Trek Generations I would always watch that with my father. I loved Diana Troy. Then there was The Batman Animated Series. I used to watch that one a lot. I liked to watch some of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Sonic the Hagehog (as I said before I cant spell). I loved to Watch the Mupets too, and yes of course Sailor Moon.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

The first TV shows I ever remember watching was Winne the Poo (Tigger kicks a**) and the Carebears.

When I got older, I tuned into the saturday morning lineup. I watched them all. I was one of those crazy kids who would wake up at 6am, grab a bowl of cereal and plant myself in front of the TV untill noon. Here are most of the shows I watched, that is, until they fell off the air (they are all animated too): Ghosbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego, Biker Mice from Mars, Toxic Crusaders, Earthworm Jim, Loony Toons and some other cool one with skeletons. On weekdays, I started watching the Original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

But then, along came Sailor Moon and highschool. That was the end of that (tho I still watch Loony Toons). I still wish those old shows were back.

3. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I was one of the "origenal" people who watched Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Bright.

I really like double dragons, the old Xmen, the old Ninja Turtles. I was into guy shows as a kid, since my brother would take over the remote.

Popples, smurfs, the show that had that bear that talked; you know they sold the bear and you could put certain tapes inside him and he would talk about that.

and Quistis I know what you mean abou The Simpsons.

4. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

My parents allowed me to watch the Simpsons at a young age too! I saw it when season first aired. So I basically grew up with the Simpsons.

As for the other shows... Here's my long list of animated shows:

- Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Smurfs, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Legend of Zelda (aired with Super Mario Bros.), Captain N, Maya the Bee, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Tailspin, Gummi Bears, Goof Troop, The Raccoons, The Lil' Bits, Special Delivery, Muppet Babies, Inspector Gadget, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (weekday Sonic show), Sonic the Hedgehog (Sat. A.M. Sonic show).

"Phew!" That's all I can think of for now. As for live action:

- Family Matters, Full House (BEFORE it got annoying), Spellbinder (a show from Australia).

I'm not a big fan of live-action, but there you go!;)

5. DarkNd Destiny

DarkNd Destiny New Member

Fav TV Shows As A Child:

1.Power Rangers
    2.Whinne the Pooh
    3.Spiderman
    4.Ninja Turtles
    5.Anamaniacs
    6.Tiny Toons
    7.Full House
    8.Saved By the Bell
    And many other. . .

:)

6. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Two words.

Muppet Babies

That show was the ****, I loved it. The original Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers shows were really cool, too. I started watching The Simpsons at a young age, too.

7. lilmizkong

lilmizkong New Member

Spongebon ^.^
    I watch Spongebob hehe.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

YAHHH man that show kicked @$$ haha

I liked origional Power Rangers, Spiderman, and X-Men

9. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Oops, I forgot these ones. Ya I loved these shows too as a child. When I was shown the Legend of Zelda game last year, I was like wait a minute I watched a show just like this......wait it was this :p

Oh ya, here is another one. Darkwing Duck :p

10. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

this might be weird but i really liked:I love Lucy, I dream of Jeannie, bewitched all that TVLand stuff. and i guess is till do lol. They never get old for me....^_^

11. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Transformers! I loved robots and I still do. Teenage mutant ninja turtles and Thomas the tank engine were also upon my favourites.

12. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Darkwing Duck and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were favorites of mine. I forgot to list those two shows!

13. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

The old Nick Junior stuff (Eureka's Castle, The Busy World of Richard Scary (that was a bit more recent, though), Little Bear, Muppet Babies, etc), the old(ish) Disney cartoon series (Aladdin, Tail Spin, Darkwing Duck, the Scrooge McDuck characters' series (forgot the name!), etc), the GOOD Nickelodeon series (The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo), the TV Land stuff (I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched, mostly -- also Gilligan's Island sometimes), the original Power Rangers (not so bad recently, either ^_^), Double Dragon, Sky Dancers, Starla/Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders (^_^)...

I could go on, but I don't really want to. ^_^;;

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

okay here we go!

I watched :

ThunderCats
    He-Man (yes I did)
    She-rah
    Gem and the Misfits
    Care Bears
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Hello Kitty must have been in here...
    Snorkels (have some vague recollection)
    Transformers
    oh yah Busy World of Richard Scary - is a classic

later some:

Sesame Street
    Muppet Show

then later:

Muppet Babies
    TailSpin
    DuckTales
    DarkWing Duck
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    Gargoyles
    X-Men the older show
    SpiderMan

this is all before high school.

15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I watched all the shows already posted.
    Along with Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers.
    Chip and Dale are chipmunks and they rescue people/animals/things.
    They both have a major crush on Gadget (mouse). That's all i am going to say :p

16. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

wow, peoples' childhood favourites are mostly cartoons (what to expect at an anime forum I guess)

My favourite was Dukes of Hazzard (I grew up in the south, what can I say) Great American Hero was another, possibly only because of the theme song "believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could feel so free-hee-hee, I'm flying away on a wing and a prayer, believe it or not, it's just me" ahaha a memory I really thought would be dead after 20 years. I guess not

Airwolf was cool too. Again, maybe only the theme song

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

remember Monterey Jack and huge cheese wheels Basher?

... and yes Dukes of Hazzard I watched.. and ThunderBirds.. *cough* but other old-time shows I've watched in recent years due to a fave channel of mine. my favourite old show of all time is 'I Dream of Jeanie' that show is so hilarious!

also watched:

Wonder Woman
    Hulk
    Bewitched

can't think of others at the moment...

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

my parents always watch stuff on TV land so i was always watching that stuff...my favorite was Gilligans Island...

19. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

It's all about Voltron.

Defender of the Universe.

A mighty robot, loved by Good, feared by evil.

Let's Go Voltron Force!

- Ark

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Of course. When I was a kid, I remember thinking "people shows" usually were equivalent to boredom.

*cracks his knuckles* Let's see. I could probably just run down the full-lists everyone else has above me, but I'll challenge myself to work from memory.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Oh man did I think this show was awesome. Never knew what time it was on, though, so I always held out for those visits to my grandparent's house when I could pop in the "cartoon tape". My grandma would leave the tape recording on Saturdays so whenever we visited we had something to do. Hehe, I used to get ticked when my Gramps taped over it with football. I'd pop it in eagerly, and then have my hopes shattered...but I digress.

Smurfs. But I was always rooting for Gargamel (sp?) and his cat. Wanted to see him actually get those smurfs.

Carebears. Once again, rooting for the bad guys, who were the only reason I watched. No Heart and Shrieky, to a lesser degree, but mainly all about Beasly. :p

Ghostbusters. The filmation one with the Chimp in it. That show rocked. Found the later "Real Ghostbusters" a boring show...

Gilligan's Island. Classic right there.

Ducktales. Scrooge really annoyed me sometimes...he always came out on top no matter how badly things went.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Dale was the man...er...chipmunk! Didn't like Gadget. Everyone else was okay, though, beyond that.

Darkwing Duck remains one of my all-time favorites. It had the humor, the creative and colorful characters, and the ability to draw me to watch it daily.

Tiny Toons. Good ol' Montana Max.

Animaniacs. I loved every facet of this show to no end, and it purely rocked. End.

Aladdin. Oh boy, this was good too. I loved all the magic and monsters they popped up from episode to episode.

Conan the Adventurer. Don't know how I stumbled onto this one, but I began to watch it daily before school. Wasn't too bad, either.

Goof Troop. This was okay, now and again. Sometimes entertaining, sometimes not so much. Maybe because it focused more on the Goofs and I found Pete's family more to my liking.

Count Duckula back when we had cable. An....interesting show there.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Alright, I was a TMNT addicted child for a number of years. Michaelangelo was the best, and of course Shredder and Krang kicked.

Ewoks. Hey, I loved the movies to death since I was a kid. How could I pass up the cartoons? Actually...I had no problems shafting Droids. Was too mature for me at the time, I guess and fell into the "boring" category. Hmm, in Ewoks I was also rooting for that "bad" tribe...(was it Morlocks?)...do I see a trend here?

I can't fathom why...but I watched that TGIF block, too. Full House, Family Matters, and oh...what the heck was it called again...the one with Cody who said "dude" all the time?

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air after it was in syndication. Didn't think I'd like it, but it was a real funny show after all.

The Jetsons and the Flintstones. Classics again. To this day, I *still* can't stand Scooby Doo, though.

Okay...now to read those previous posts and see what I forgot.

Oh! Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, and the Muppet Show (and Muppet Babies)

The 90's Spiderman. That was a wild ride. (And that now brings to mind the Batman Animated Series. Loved seeing my favorite villains from the comics get some screen time, finally - those neglected by the Campy live-action tv series and movies)

Super Mario Bros./Zelda - liked it better than the Captain N cartoon they had. King Koopa rocked, naturally...

Oh...I suppose Simpsons started when I was younger. Been on for almost...forever. Don't like it as fanatically as I did when it was new, however.

Oh! The Raccoons! I remember that one! Like that old pinkish man with the money...and that one raccoon who was always getting into trouble!