Square Enix FF8 ending

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by *Fabee*, Aug 11, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

When i finished the game and saw the ending...I first felt confused, then heartbreaken then happy..............

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The end to Final Fantasy 8 was cool. Although it was a bit confusing...

I loved the end to Final Fantasy 9 also.

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I hated FF9....The main character was a monkey, the characters were short and fat....I hated the graphics and the story. Final Fantasy 9 was a disappointment to me [​IMG]

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm sure they were SD figures, and even though I like the real-like figures from 8, (and now 10) I know A LOT of people were very happy when Sqaure went back to the FF classic Super Deformed characters for IX.

monkeys are cool! monkey tails= super powers!!!

5. That guy!

[Pedro mode on]
    (yeah, you know what I'm gonna say)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    [Pedro mode off]

Final Fantasy 9 was my second favourite Final Fantasy(FF7 being my 1st). I liked the look of the characters in the game...
    Also some of the references to the older games, such as the Gulug mountain, along with the music. The Shinra fanfare... and some other songs. The graphics are like the best on the Playstation!, second to Chrono Cross.

Well, I guess it's just opinions...

although the only thing I found wrong was that there was a job system, but you couldn't switch jobs. I wouldn't mind seeing Zidane summon Shiva or something. Or Garnet using charm [​IMG]...
    It'd be great if Square made another Final Fantasy like FF5 where you can change your character's job class.

6. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

whehhhehheee, you guyzzz played FF1 up to FF10?????
    coolzz, i didnt even played FF1 [​IMG], but is it cool?????
    the themes, songes and that kinf of stuff

finally using signatures huh ????

7. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

What? Phat, did you finish the game? I loved ff9! I liked the end, you think Zidane dies and then there he comes again! Zidane was a favorite character for me, he's got charm. Squall was too serious in ff8 and Aeris had to die in ff7... ;_;. I love all the ffs and chrono trigger and chrono cross were excellent. I love RPG's better than any other kind of game

------------------
    Meaikoh T.

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Im sorry to say this but ff9 was a huge disappointment comparing to the other final fantasy games

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I for one of many will vouch that ff9 was the best so far in the series! Sure, it's got cutesy characters, but every ff game has had them (with the exception of 8 and the upcoming 10)...It more than makes up for it in story, gameplay, challenge, and cinematics. Zidane (the monkey) is the first main character to actually have a *personality*.... Heck, I went out and bought it directly after finishing it straight thru at my friends...

In the end, realism doesn't really fit the "fantasy" aspect too well..ffix was a fitting tribute to the series...

BakaMattSu, thinking that maybe the reason for his monkey tail was that he was a Saiyan...

10. treil

treil Guest

Don't you all realize that FF VII, FF VIII &
    FF IX have a lot in comments.
    For eg: the hero ;Cloud,Squall & Zidane have
    forgotten about their past ?!

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Final Fantasy Is meant to be a fantasy with At least one Character being some odd sort of this Like Mr Mog the mogle in Final fantasy 3 (6) Which in my opinion was the best ever in every way Except Graphics...

Ive play them all But IV (don't have the money to get a playstation)
    beaten them all but 8 (I just have to go kill the last boss I kinda lost interst Is final Fantasy 8..) that tells you something about the Game if a FF veteran Who loves all the games like me lose's interest at the very end..

But I want to play IX realy bad because it finaly goes back to the way the games should be.

KaMeKaZi

12. The three FF's on the PS have huge similaities. They all start with a small doing a small thing (on a worldly scale) and the entire thing blows up into a conflict to save the world. Throw in a girld and thats the story for ya. Not that thats bad (I luv FF) just a bit repedative and predictable.

------------------
    The Clow.

13. That guy!

Welcome to M2A [​IMG]
    True, the plots may be similar...but they still rule!

I wonder if Final Fantasy 10 will have the same type of plot. But this whole thing about Sin...I wonder if the game is going to have a more Judeo/Christian approach...

14. Digital Tilmitt

Digital Tilmitt New Member

I hope FFX isn't too different from the others.

Thanks for the welcome!

------------------
    The Clow.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Small time hero who ends up saving the world?

Hee Hee, that's just about every RPG in existence!

BakaMattSu, another useless observation...

16. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i little confused when i see the end of ff8 and i like that game but ff9 i was heated ff7 is better then ff9 how the mean charcter is a monkey and i heat the pictures?i heat ff9. in ff8 in the end i confused when squall with merton and the small squall came?and ultmecai want to give hear power to merton i was confused?

17. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Need a isay it again ?? 7 was the best , buts thats only koz i cleared that and 8 , havent even seen 9 , yer man has a tail or somtin , 10 looks ok with wappa or wakka and blitzball team , new GF's look good too , and then there this new destiny board , should be interesting [​IMG]

18. Yuna

Yuna New Member

What?! there is a FF1 game? I thought ff3, ff4 (which are japanese version) and ff5 to ff9 (the english version) are the only games that Square Soft produce! I better search for ff1 and ff2 id they exsist!
    yeah.. your right phat... FF8 ending is so nice but confusing!
    I just can't wait for FF10 [​IMG]...

19. Ardis

Ardis New Member

Final Fantasy 8's ending is not that hard to understand, at least to me it isn't. I will admit that I didn't finish FF9, however I will say that I prefer Final Fantasy 7 and 8 over 9. Final Fantasy 10 will most likely be similar to 7 and 8. However, Square Soft should think about making Final Fantasy Tactics 2 and Xeno Gears 2. For Xeno Gears was excelent.

[This message has been edited by Ardis (edited 11-09-2001).]

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What?! You thought they started at 3 just for the heck of it?

Actually, the numbering can be confusing to non-ff-veterans, since about half the series didn't see release outside of japan... A quick lowdown:

ff1 (Nintendo/Famicom) - the original (and MY first experience - still got this cartridge!)

ff2 (Famicom) - A very annoying character system...the only one I've never finished...first appearance of Chocobos!

ff3 (Famicom) - First to use the Job System (ff5 also does)...Moogles arrive on the scene, as do Summons!

ff4 (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom) - Final Fantasy 2 in the english release (we missed the last three, but they didn't tell us... [​IMG]) The original japanese type had extended items, as well as additional attack moves...

ff5 (Super Famicom) - A real shame we didn't get this one. Very challenging as well as entertaining. The original Final Fantasy OVA is set in this world a generation after the ending...

ff6 (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom) - A big fan favorite with the EVIL kefka...no further comments, other than in english it was labelled "Final Fantasy 3"...

ff7 (Playstation) - After leaving Nintendo, fans were glad to play this great addition to the series, but were perplexed why the numbers jumped from 3 to 7...this is where everyone found out about the "missing" un-exported chapters.

ff8 (Playstation) - We now get card games...

ff9 (Playstation) - Ties together elements from all of the series...My fave [​IMG]

ff10 (Playstation 2) - Nine games from the first, we see quite a difference! Only time will tell how worthy this title is...

ff11 (Playstation 2) - A Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMORPG)

ff12 (Playstation 2?) - Not many details yet...

As for the other comment regarding Squaresoft's scope - they've made tons of games and series. Final Fantasy is just their most well-known.

Some off the top of my head:

-Romancing SaGa series
    -Xenogears (and the coming Xenosaga?)
    -Super Mario RPG
    -Front Mission series
    -Parasite Eve
    -Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
    -Breath of Fire (The original)
    -Seikken Densetsu Series (Secret of Mana)
    -Bahamut Lagoon
    -The Bouncer

BakaMattSu, and the list keeps growing...