Square Enix FFVII - Story Theory

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shen, Sep 17, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Perhaps production wise they felt that it would have been more epic to do it otherwise, or perhaps it was a little closer to the creator's original idea. Or maybe they simply wanted to change that even to suit themselves and thought it more appropriate for Sephi to fling himself into oblivion vice thrown in by a young man with a hole in his stomach. Only the creators really know for sure.

[Assumes the voice of Mr. Spock]

"Facinating."

[/end voiceover]

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

There was a thread on one of my other forums about it, we all jokingly came up with what the next one would be called. I think I said "Epileptic Concerns" or something. It was pretty stupid. (reference to Cloud's seizures)

Anyway, Advent Children has got me curious and I'm going to take the time to watch the rest of the upcoming movies. If they're as good as AC was...

3. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerebus(SP?) aren't movies, their games, DoC, as I commonly see it, is for the PS2 and BC is for the "mobile" whatever that is. I have no idea what CC is but I'm guessing that it's a game as well.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

See how little I know? :p

Anyway, I'll look into picking up whatever of this stuff I already have the requirements for, I don't think I'll go too far out of my way for just FFVII.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Compilation Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core is an Action-RPG slated for the PSP in the 2nd/3rd quarter of next year. Or something like that.

6. Ace Gunner

Ace Gunner New Member

Woo-hoo my first post!

That's right. I also heard that Zack is the main character and tha game details all of the events up to and including Zack's mission with Sephiroth, Zack vs Sephiroth in the reactor, the experiments and his death at the hands of SOLDIER. Undoubtly their will be A LOT of speech from Zack and given the limited capacity of a UMD i'm wondering if the game will use voice actors or standard text. Personally, I liked Zack's voice in Advent Children so I hope they use that but I really hated how the Japanese accent changed his name to Zakusu, it was extremely annoying that they didn't just say zaku or something.

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

The PSP is a harcore little piece of hardware and it appears to use the same technology as the Gamecube minidiscs. If that's the case then there's more than enough room/hardware capabilites for the PSP to use voice actors. Frankly I would rather not see voice overs. I've seen enough games utterly ruined by bad voice acting (Baten Kaitos for GC anyone?).

Anyone else notice how at the very end of AC both Aeris and Zack make thier final appearances side by side one another, and that they both leave together. The game tells us that they used to date. I thought it was kind of cool to see them together walking away, a little bit like Romeo and Juliet reunited or something.

8. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

The game tells us the same things.
    When you go into the town by the reactor that's blown up on the way to Cosmo Canyon, there's a house in the bottom right corner where Zack's parents live. If you go there with Tifa as I often do then she'll run out when they mention him. I tried it with Aeris later and she says right there that he was the person she dated.

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, not sure I remember that,

But seeing Arieth's face was kind of a surprise, since they kept it a practically a secret until the end. It makes for one hell of an ending!

As far as Last Order goes, I like it how it explains a lot more things. It makes it more detailed, and gives you a bit more.

Any word on DC's release date? I'd like to kick some serious a** with Vincent, and get another dose of the FFVII sotry!

-Seishin