RPG Archives Final Fantasy IX: Disc One

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Here we go, y'alls!

Garnet, Steiner, Eiko, Zidane and Vivi are standing on the bridge of the Ark with the rest of the group (the main characters from the original, to you). They are all staring off to the sky above the Iifa Tree in anticipation of the upcoming battle with their nemesis, Kuja. It has been decided that the four characters named above will journey to who-knows-where to face off against the villain to stop him from destroying the universe.
    Amarant turns away from the front window to look at the group.

AMARANT: You guys think you're ready? [he looks over the group, and stops on Zidane] You'd better not die in there. You beat me before, so if you lose to a wimp like Kuja, it'll make me look bad.

Before anyone can answer, Freya calls everyone's attention to something she has seen on the ground.

FREYA: Look there! [she points at a Qu's Marsh in the distance, the one which Quina comes from, as it turns out. The marsh seems to be ablaze, as orange flames and black smoke are rising from the area]

Naturally distressed by the destruction of his/her home, Quina begins to rather enthusiastically insist that the group delays from the impending struggle to go and investigate the fire. You all agree, and the Ark speeds off in its direction.

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Meanwhile, Blank and his Tantalus cronies are sitting around a campfire at a location that has been kept secret from all but those involved (NOTE TO ArchAngel Amada: just call to it as "meeting place" when referring to it in-game). On this foggy night, Baku has been explaining what the group should do about the current situation and the latest events.
    Suddenly, the airship that you know as the Ark flies past overhead, seemingly heading directly northwest of your current location. The whole group turns to see where it is going, and notices a bright blaze a short distance away, but far enough that you couldn't see it in the thick fog.
    Knowing that Zidane and his group must be aboard, Baku tells Blank to go and keep an eye on them. Hopping on the Chocobo he used to get to the "meeting place", Blank sets off immediately.

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Having reached Qu's marsh, the Ark descends, landing on a nearby flat space of land. The group disembarks into the dark, cold, misty night. The fire's light seems to be coming from deep within the marsh, slightly behind where you all know Quale's hut can be found. Fearing for his/her old mentor's safety, Quina begins to run to the marsh's entrance. Before anyone can stop him/her, s/he has vanished into the marsh.

Then, Blank rides in to the landing site on a Chocobo. He dismounts, and the group informs him what is going on.

After a brief discussion, the group (now including Blank) decides that it would be best to investigate the marsh's fire, but to also look for Quina. Somebody will have to look after the airship as well. You decide to partner up to cover each job. One person can take the Chocobo into the marsh instead of a partner.

Split into groups of two, partnering each PC with either an NPC or another PC. Whoever is left after all the PCs are partnered, or fails to choose a partner, will be assigned a position by the GM.
    PCs: Blank, Eiko, Garnet, Steiner, Vivi, Zidane.
    NPCs: Amarant, Freya, Chocobo.

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Garnet : I suppose that I should let Zidane go ahead, it could be dangerous. A chocobo is useful in running way...but Freya, I request your aid in this.

[This message has been edited by Meaikoh_Takashi (edited 12-04-2001).]

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

STEINER: W-wait, princess? Are you sure you will be alright? I might suggest that I accompany you!

6. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

Zidane: Vivi your with me lets get a move on

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Vivi : Okay, I'll help as much as I can!

*Vivi follows Zidane making sure no to trip over his feet*

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Eiko: Hey! This is no way to treat a lady! I can't be left behind! I want to choose a partner! Grrrrrr...

9. Meaikoh

Garnet: Steiner...I am a Princess no longer! The others need you more. Freya should be able to protect me, and I have the Eidolons.

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

STEINER: But...but...(gives up his argument, and then looks side to side at the remainder of the group, unable to make a decision...) Erm....Uh...

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Eiko: FINE! I'm going with Rusty!

12. Meaikoh

**Goes into the marsh with Freya, using the Shiva Eidolon to put out some of the fire**

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Amarant hops on Blank's Chocobo before anybody can stop him.

AMARANT: I'm borrowing this! [he spurs the Chocobo forward and yells over his shoulder] I'll be back with backup in a minute!

Blank is left standing outside the airship as the others enter the Marsh.

Here are the groups, then.
    1. Garnet/Freya (PC/NPC)
    2. Zidane/Vivi (PC/PC)
    3. Eiko/Steiner (PC/PC)
    4. Amarant/Chocobo (NPC/NPC)
    5. Blank
    Please remember the number of your group. Your group will be referred to by this number until this scene is finished.

14. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

GROUP 1 - As Freya dashes and jumps between patches of dry land here and there in the wetter portions of the marsh, she yells to Garnet about locations she has found in needing to be doused by the Ice Queen's power. The two of you make your way from the path using the Eidolon as your aide, putting out fires as you go.

GROUP 2 - Zidane and Vivi run along the path through the marsh into a veritable forest of tall grass, cattails and other marsh weeds. A short distance into the "forest" you stumble upon a group of the turtle-men (also known as Sahaugin) that are native to these marshes. They turn their primitive spears to you. A battle begins ...
    HEROES: Zidane & Vivi
    MONSTERS: 3 Sahaugin

GROUP 3 - Steiner and Eiko run into the Marsh after Zidane and Vivi, but lose track of the two in the brush. There are tracks heading in two directions: one path looks like a mix of humanoid and reptilian feet, while the other looks like an entirely different kind of reptilian humanoid, apparently with the ability to walk upright, based on the tracks. A small amount of marsh weed leading down the second track appears to have been burned, as if somebody ran by with a torch, and unintentionally lit the plants on fire as they ran.

GROUP 4 (private action) - Amarant is speeding along on his "borrowed" Chocobo when he speeds by the Tantalus crowd, still at the "meeting place". He turns the Chocobo around, having recognized the familiar faces of the group.

BAKU (to Amarant): Hey! That's Blank's Chocobo! I'd recognize it anywhere! What'd you do to him?! I demand answers!
    MARCUS (to Baku): Calm down, boss. This is one of Zidane's friends.
    BAKU (not calmind down, still to Amarant): In that case, WHAT DID YOU AND ZIDANE TO TO BLANK?!

Amarant gives a quick but thorough explanation of the situation at the marsh, explaining that he was going to run all the way to Lindblum to get help. The Tantalus group mounts their rented Chocobos, and takes off following Amarant.

GROUP 5 - Blank is standing around between the Qu's Marsh and the airship, apalled at being left behind. Suddenly, you notice a set of narrow reptilian eyes staring at you from inside the marsh weed. As you look directly at the eyes, they blink and then vanish; you here rustling moving farther and farther away. Apparently, whatever it was did not want to be seen.

15. Meaikoh

((Freya and Garnet continue to put out fires))

------------------
    ~The Starter of Controversy!!!~

16. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Vivi : I don't really want to hurt you, but you're in the way.

*Vivi casts Thunder on the first Sahaugin*

17. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

Zidane: lets wastes these guys.....

*runs up and attacks the first one with his weapon*

18. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

STEINER: (Looks first to the tracks, then to Eiko, before stomping up and down.) Umm...Miss Eiko, which way should we go?

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

GROUP 2 - Yellow bolts of electricity burst forth from Vivi's fingertips, striking the first Sahaugin dead in his tracks. As Zidane rushes the second adversary, he whirls his blades around and drops the creature. Finally, the remaining Sahaugin jabs his trident at the nearby Zidane, causing a glancing blow for light damage. The battle continues ...
    HEROES: Zidane & Vivi
    MONSTERS: Sahaugin

GROUP 1 - As Garnet and Freya continue to fight the blaze in any way they can, they gradually reach a tall bush that seems to have been unaffected by the fire, even though all the other plants around it have been burned to the ground. As the two approach the bush, it begins to first emit a strange humming sound, which quickly becomes more of a growl, and eventually becomes a full-out roar. The bush uproots itself from the ground and transforms into a monstrous creature of peat, moss and fungus, with thin leafy tendrils draping over the sides. In the centre is what one might assume is some kind of mouth, what looks like a hole lined with jagged-edged branches. It seems clear that it is time for a battle. A battle begins ...
    HEROES: Garnet (with Shiva) & Freya
    MONSTERS: Bogchomper

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 12-17-2001).]

20. Meaikoh

(sways dangerously and threatens to faint)
    Garnet: It...it reminds me of those...those monsters in Evil Forest...
    Freya: Do not worry, be brave and get ready to fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.