RPG Archives Final Fantasy IX: Disc One

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Vivi : These things are a bit weaker than they look, eh Zidane? I was a bit scared at first.

*Vivi casts another lightning spell at the remaining Sahaugin*

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

GROUP 1 - The while Freya and Garnet are preoccupied, the Bogchomper yells something that almost sounds like a challenge.
    BOGCHOMPER: DuuuuuHssssKpfffffffff!
    The creature flails its vine/tenticles in the air, waiting for the duo to make their move.

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Garnet: Use 'JUMP!' Freya, quickly, I'm going to use a tent to poisin, blind, virus and such him. I know it will heal him, but he is probably at max hp anyway.
    Freya: A very good plan. Do not get hurt.
    (Freya Uses 'JUMP!' and Garnet uses a tent on the bogchomper)

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

(Eiko in deep thinking mode, bursts into anger)
    Eiko: Where did they go! Rusty, you slow chocobo! It's all YOUR fault! You screwed up my first perfect move on Zidane !!! Since Dagger isn't around why wouldn't it be? Let's go this way!

*points to the second track, where there are small amounts of marsh weeds and foot prints of reptilian humanoids, apparently with the ability to walk upright along the path.*

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

STEINER: (runs to catch up with the quick movements of Eiko) W-wait up! I don't want to be left here alone!

6. Meaikoh

(Garnet uses a tent on the Bogchomper blinding him, then Freya comes crashing down on him, making the bogchomper cry out in pain and fury)
    Freya: We have him where we want him.
    Garnet: Right! We don't want the others running into him, so we must defeat him!

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Alrighty, we're back in action! Let's just discount that last post and keep on going (or was that keep on stopping ...)! Anyway ...

GROUP 3 - As Steiner and Eiko dash down the path, the Captain clinking as he goes, the two begin to catch the scent of sulphur in the air. Steiner swears he can hear some kind of growling/murmurring up ahead. Eiko, a few steps ahead of Steiner, rounds a corner where the path only goes in one direction. She stops suddenly around the bend, seeing what would appear to be a group of men in gleaming red armour holding torches in the distance. She stops and waits for Steiner to catch up. Counting the men, she sees about eight of them, and notices that one has a dark guard of sorts on his shoulder, and that in his left hand he holds a torch and in the other some kind of large axe. He seems to be conversing with the others, but they are too far away to hear the words. Steiner approaches and has now determined that the cause of the voices he heard through the brush must have been these men. With their numerous torches in hand, they seem like likely culprits for the burning of the Marsh.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

STEINER: (draws his sword and points it at the group defiantly and showing no fear) You there! Defilers of nature! Stand down from your acts and surrender to me, Adelbert Steiner of Alexandria!

9. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Eiko: (to Steiner ) Cut out the formal introductions! Lets attack! (to the men) I won't allow you to hurt the moogles of the Marsh and burn their homes.
    (Gets her flute out)

10. Meaikoh

Bogchomper, ye shall be beaten to the ground with Garnet's hickory stick!

Garnet:"Hmm! I can't tell if our attacks are having any effect on the Bogchomper."

Freya:"I see. Perhaps we should withdraw for now?"

Garnet:"No! If we don't beat it, the others will have to try too! I need to use the eidolons! I'm going to use Bahamut, then Odin!"

Freya:"But, you'll be exhausted! That's way too much magic to do, one after the other."

Garnet:"I must try."

(Garnet uses Bahamut and waits to see the effects while Freya takes charge of healing.)

11. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

GROUP 1 - Using the combined might of Bahamut, Odin and Shiva, Garnet manages to subdue the vile Bogchomper. She dismisses all three Eidolons, and the blazing marsh seems to have died down in their general vicinity.

FREYA: Over there! [she points deeper into the marsh] I heard a voice!

The two listen again, and this time they both hear it. It sounds like Quina's voice, but there are other voices around, gravelly voices. They are speaking in some unknown tongue, but their manner of speech implies that they can't be saying anything friendly. The two heroines run to see what is going on.
    They run right into a nasty scene, two reptilian-looking humanoids with red scales and long, spiked tails with Quina tied to a pile of wood and marsh weeds on the ground. One holds a torch, and the other is poking the Qu with a spear.
    The fiends turn to the heroines as they approach.

SPEARLIZARD: Wa?! Kraba na da soya! [it turns to the one with the torch and gestures away] Ya garaba!
    TORCHLIZARD: [it turns its head to the sky and bellows] RAGAAAAAAAA!

The creatures run off, dropping the torch in the wet mud as they go. The torch goes out. Freya uses her spear to free Quina, who gets to his/her feet.

FREYA: What happened?
    QUINA: Ambushed! ... Lizards ... Master Quan ... trouble!

The Qu falls unconscious, apparently s/he was beaten pretty bad by the attackers.

FREYA: I'll stay here and guard Quina! Go see if Quan is okay! [she points down a well-travelled path to Quan's homestead in the distance]

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

GROUP 2 - Having eliminated the final Sahaugin, Vivi and Zidane notice that the fires seem to be dying down. Apparently, Garnet and Freya have been successful. As the two move along, they eventually. Come across Freya, standing over a wounded Quina. Freya tells the duo that Garnet has gone ahead to Quan's hut to see if the old Qu is alright. The two run off to investigate, leaving Freya again with Quina.

13. Meaikoh

Master Quan?

Garnet, alone now, loses some courage, but runs down the path to Master Quan's dwelling anyway. Patches of roof seem to have fallen away, but the general structure seems to be stable. Garnet enters and notices the old Qu seated on the floor, only half-conscious, seemingly extremely hurt. Garnet uses Cura, which seems to keep the Qu conscious, but that's all.
    Garnet:"Master Quan?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.