Square Enix Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ardis, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Ardis

Ardis New Member

I got my copy today, or rather yesterday. I must say, after playing for five hours strait, that in my opinion there is no word or words that can speak of how great the game is. Graphics are superb, the music is excellent, and the detail is wicket. Real time facial expressions, and the charters have voice, (however the lip sync is a bit off, because it was synchronized to Japanese, not English.) Regardless I love every second of it. Also an interesting note, FFX is only 1 DVD.

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Sounds cool!! I'm thinking of buying a copy although I don't have a PS2 [​IMG] Is there anyway to have Japanese voices and English subs? I know you can do this in The Bouncer...

3. Ardis

Ardis New Member

As far as i can see no...
    i too had hope for such an option.
    it has english subtitles, but no alternate languages.

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I'm so happy! I don't have a ps2 but my local game store/rental place, GameZone has it. I went to rent a game and I played it for a while! AMAZING!!! The beginning starts quickly though. "This may be our last chance", Tidus.

------------------
    ~The SUPER OTAKU!!!

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

That game looks sweet. If I had known it was coming out this month I wouldn't have bought those DVDs last month ... Oh well. I'll just have to pick up a copy in London after Christmas.

------------------
    You wanna see the apocalypse?
    THEN LOOK INTO MY EYES!

6. Yuna

Yuna New Member

Oooo yeah!

I gotta say that Final fantays 10 is awesome!!! hhehe eventhough I haven't got the time ot play this game or got it in my two own hands, but I still have to say it is killing me for waiting so long for this game!!! I better go and get my hand on it!
    checks the piggy bank
    . . .
    0 gil
    Wai wai wai.. spare some change please? hehe XD... oi oi just kidding..

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The game is really fun to play...and just watching the gameplay, it also looks really nice. Plus, playing as the summons is fun!!! :D *OVERKILL*

And if you figure out how to win lots of times in Blitzball, please TELL ME!!! :dizzy2:

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

yes, there are no words to describe this game. I am so happy they took the time to find good voice actors to play the parts. I don't know why, but even when they speak english, I am still drawn to read the subtitles to understand them better. *shrug* I just saw one of the most beautiful FFX movies last night. about 27-28 hours into the game. beautiful.

Lu-Lu: Don't fall in love with her (Yuna)

Tidus: You're more my type, Lu-Lu.

Lu-Lu: Interesting... I'll add you to my list.
    (don't get your hopes up little boy).

9. Kraken

Kraken Guest

is it out in ireland if so whats the retail?

10. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I Played the demo , was pretty cool alright , sin is the bad guy is he ?? pretty cool when he has all the water around him , looks like a water sphere or somtin , the summons are cool too because they stay beside you , gonna throw this thread in viedo games

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

very nice game..the ending is neat...in theory, more added to the international ed...which changes the shere grid a bit...you start in the middle with options to go into the others grid area..(auron could strt as a white mage instead of beating things up all good.) very fun game...you get used to the voices....(it's got tenchi in there!!!) tho, seymores' is a bit annoying...

12. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

easy...

it's easy to win just practice so hard. and it will be easy,u must lose 2 or3 times and after it's will be normal for u.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'll say, I need to get a few tips on winning some blitzball games myself. I think it has to do with where we situate our players.. I should get a strategy guide, but its so fun figuring out where the spheres go in the trials.

it would also suck if Auron started out as a white mage for me. I rely on him as a heavy hitter early in the game. So I would never have used the option. of course I got lost with Tidus and he's in the middle of Wakka's turf. I need to get him out of there. can you believe I was stupidly surprised to learn Tidus had dark attacks.. thought only Wakka had it, but duh.. Tidus is following Wakka. I need Tidus to learn Haste.

14. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

But I wanna ask. (Note: haven't played FFX yet ;_; ) Why is FFX in DVD as well???

15. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

a lot of PS2 games are in DVD. Actually, the only ones I've seen that weren't had purple bottoms on the CD itself...other than that, all my games have been in DVD format

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

In a nutshell, DVD's hold more data. I'm told a PS2 DVD holds about 4 gigabytes of information, whereas an old PSX CD holds only four or five hundred. So think of this game as between 6 and 8 discs long ;). I don't know how much a PS2 CD holds, though. I only have one of those.

Ue! E vuiht yh Al Bhed dnyhcmydan!

I don't know how accurate it is, though ...
    Oh yeah, that meant I found a translater for Al Bhed.

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

aren't dvds wonderful?
    so many layers, so much space!

18. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

a bit late ^^;;

but FFX was a great movie... however the ending battle was a hmm not that challenging... ^^;;

and i dont know why but its like more cut scenes then action scenes.. but dont get me wrong i think the GAME IS FABULOUS... :D

and the sphere grid is a good "new" idea... :)

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol I had my future sister-in-law, play a bit of the beginnigng of FFX, she wanted to know how to use the controller! lol.. she hardly used it ;)

anyways, does anyone know what it takes to open the treasure chest the monster arena dude gives you? what a louse I tell you.. you work semi-hard okay not at all hard to collect monsters for him and he in return gives you something you can't open.. well at least he game me sixty wind things. devastating when Rikku adds it to a grenade...

20. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I still didnt finish the game[​IMG] . I have beaten Sin but i cannot pass 'the new boss'

Anyway, I love this game !! But im wondering about how will the game end .. Will one of the characters die? Would they tell us why Lulu has a grudge against Wakka ? Would Yuna be sacrificed in the end?

<Toomaa runs to the PS2>