FLCL Fooly Cooly! what do you think of it?!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by lilmizkong, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Naeo

Naeo New Member

*MANY SPOILERS!!!*

yes! Kanti is awsome! Muahahahahaha!!! but...why was Naota's father like that in the closet!?! i had nightmares about that all weekend! and why was his body shriveld up, but not his eyes??? and why didn't he get out of the closet! *many more questions but is too lazy to tipe them all down*

2. Dream_marbles

Dream_marbles New Member

cut it out

I know the forum will bleep this out, but CN did cut out the part where Haruko says **** (or if the forum beeps it, S H I T) at the end of episode 2. If you remember, the machine thingy blows up and then everyone is just standing in front of the fire, then the sirens go off and Haruko yells the words. CN cut it out, so no, it's not completely uncut...........owell!

3. Naeo

Naeo New Member

yeah! i hate it when 'they' cut things out! like blood for example. this is rurouni kenshin, but oh well. when Kenshin cought [blank's] sword with is bare hands, he should have been bleeding! but NOOO, cartoon network viewers are a bunch of children. blood is a natural part of life! you can't just cut it out! sure, people have phobia's of blood, gore, and other such things, but 'they' shouldn't ruin it for everyone.

4. Outlaw Shishio

Outlaw Shishio New Member

Yeah, I know, it sucks. They should just make it uncut, except for the hentai, its just blood and crap.

5. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

FLCL is the greatest! I can't get enough of it... even though it is a bit odd I love it!
    I guess no one knows what "Furi Kuri" means, huh? I heard somewhere it means "to fondle someone's butt." That's just what I heard... so...yeah. (I wouldn't be surprised if it was though.)
    Haruko owns. Watch the show.

6. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

FLCL IS THE COOLEST SHOW ON ADULT SWIM RIGHT NOW!!! That and blue gender...but that is a compleatly different story now isnt it!?! Any way...my fave character is Haruhara Haruko (Haruko-son)...then Mamimi...but she is a bit of a wimp when it comes to Ta-Kun (her former BF and cat)...come to think of it...she names just about everything Ta-Kun....*ponders it* hum...what ever...
    Misao

[​IMG]

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Further discussion about meaning of FLCL, Bura Bure etc

I am rather surprised CN would show it. Still won't watch it there (Dub, ew). I imagine they might have cut a bit of ep 5 if anything; though ep 6 is indeed longer than the rest. I remember when I made video CDs of all 6 eps, the first 3 fit on a CD and the last three only did if I cut the credits off of one of them

It is almost disheartening to hear that it's on CN though. I rather liked when the only people who saw it were those that sought it out, who heard about it from a friend and made the effort to get it. Now suddenly it's shoved in the face of a much vaster audience, of which large parts are likely not ready for it. In a side note, I am an elitist bas****. (<- bassman)

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I definitely agree Otaru-kun. I mean, it's good that it's getting the praise it so obviously (and not so obviously) deserves. However, the people watching it are the ones that think the next anime they see is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. This happened with me and Cowboy Bebop (which was a favorite of mine 2 years before it's AS debut) and Dual!/Crest of the Stars/TechTV lineup. While good and all, I'd rather have your mentioned fanbase...where people who loved it found it out through a friend (or in my case, You and BB...not that you're not friends...err...o_O)

But, a really good consequence of this is that I've used the sudden attention it's getting to try and get Matt to reinstate the FLCL forum. *glares at the onion-maru hard* That way, the forum will be as nonsensical and centrifugal as FLCL actually is. =P

Again, I bow to thee, Otaru and Bloodberry (and perhaps Drunk) for introducing me to the greatness that is FLCL all of...a year ago.

*looks around for kneedable...."dough"...*

Insert: Onomatopoeia
    *kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri-kuri*

Edit: BTW...*huggles his FLCL box* NYAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I like it, maybe a little too much. Great show, rather short though. But totally bizzare (hehe.... exactly what I crave). Kind of reminds me of a Loony Tunes show at times when the action pumps up and everyone is looking and doing something crazy. But other stuff, like those eyebrows that guy wore. Those big, multicolored ones. What the hell are with those? Are there things in this anime that are not supposed to make sense or be understood just so the creaters can get a kick out of making everyone theorize about it?

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, Hideaki Anno (better known as the guy who created Evangelion) is one of the Key Animators of the show. Therein lies reason. Who'd be nuts enough to have somebody who was inspired by his own depression to have a culturally religious anime on an anime about growing up?! Hehehe. No, that's not really a reason.

I'd wager that FLCL is just more of a view of growing up. That, for a young boy, can be an especially helluva hectic time in one's life. Kinda like things popping out of your head, or what not. It's an extremist, and it looks like, view from Naota's on head...which is probably why he narrates a lot of it.

Oh, and Amarao's eyebrows are made to make him look more mature. It seems they're made of Nori, the seaweed wafers used in sushi. How he ever lost his original eyebrows, I don't think the show ever gets into that deeply.

11. Kenshinfan

Kenshinfan New Member

I love FLCL but i dont complely get it ..but im stil a fan it rocks