Anime Full Moon wo Sagashite

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by That guy!, Aug 15, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Gomen Minna is this was posted already and my blind eyes could not see the post ><;;;
    Anyways this here is a great anime from what I have seen so far. It's about a 14 year old girl, Mitsuki, who is going to die from laryngitis, or some type of throat cancer within a year. She could have surgery to prevent this, but she doesn't want to lose her voice because of a promise she kept with someone that she would become a singer. So far from what I've seen, two angels, a guy and a girl one came to earth to kind of be Angels of Death to this girl >< and the guy angel, Takuto, falls for Mitsuki and the girl angel, Meroko, becomes jealous... (okay the way I'm explaining it now probably makes it sound corny) But the girl becomes a popular singer, despite her condition and this causes a tonne of problems... But the show has excellent music, and it's almost like a sing along, and even guys can sing along too to the parts like "DAY BY DAY" and "MORE AND MORE" :p

For the people who have seen this anime, what do you think of it?

2. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Yah, I've seen a couple of episodes before, but I wasn't able to watch anymore. I really liked it, the characters are really kawaii!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Many Thanks for You!

It very cutesy, and obviously targeted for a younger (female) audience....but I suppose I like what I've seen so far.

I mainly like the Shinigami (Neki-Ramen :p) duo. They're pretty funny.

All in all, it's good. But nothing I'd run out and buy...

Naru might, though. She's currently infatuated with it. :p

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Its really hard for me to get any episodes of this anime. So all I have seen is the couple episodes on my bros computer. I know the whole lil girl turn into older girl to become popular girl has been done before.. Fancy La La? but the music in Full Moon is amazing. which bring sme to another point. he music is very hard to find. as well, anything dealing with FUll Moon seems to be very expensive. Like a shitajiki of FMwoS is like over 20 bucks American! I guess the show is very popular.

5. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Yeah, the music is amazing! I love it, especially Full Moon's debut song...what's the title of it? Ahhh...MYSELF. I love that one. I also downloaded three songs of the anime.

6. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

I've never seen it, but it sounds really good!

7. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

My sister loves it or the manga atleast. she gets it on the monthly issues of ribon, which I read since i run out of new mangas to read very quikly. My sister has a really cute pencil case with Mitsuki on it.

*spoiler*
    I think it's facinating that Takuto was in the same band as Mitsuki's doctor, and dad. Or I think so from reading some of the story. I think it's has a very predictable plot.

8. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

The Scanty is really cool I think it's odd how one person has really fluffy hair though.:confused:

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I really like The Scanty meself, the theme to Full Moon is very catchy :) The beginning of the series reminds me of some kind of star search show, but with a huge twist... I'm trying to find more, I've seen up to episode 8 already.

10. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

11. Bau

Bau New Member

yeah this show is soo awsome i love it espesally the theme song (starts humming FM theme song)
    great show i recomend it to anyone. its kindda girlly though but thats ok.

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Cute shoujo series, I love Mistsuki songs and the Nagi ramen duo...
    I love Takuto!

IS it me or is the Doctor actually Ecchi-kun? They look alike.... :dizzy2:

13. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I believe that Ecchi is not the doctor, well you see...
    Spoiler~(This gives out much about the story, I tried my best to make it not that visible but readable)
    Ecchi is the was the first soul Takuto was to save, but he didn't so oviously he died. The doctor, Takuto and Mitsuki's dad were in the same band. Takuto had the same sickness as Mitsuki, and the doctor saved him, but Takuto couldn't sing/ talk, so he killed himself. So he turns into a Death God, or something along those lines.:)

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I LOVE MYCO!!!

Myco has the most beautiful voice. She is the lead singer in the band, Changin' My Life. Myco sings Full Moon's songs. Eternal Snow is a beautiful song which Mitsuki sings in episode 28 or so, but it doesnt really compare to 'Myself' which makes me want to cry. Changin' My Life is a really cool jpop group!

15. lil_kitten

lil_kitten New Member

I've only read the 1 chapter of Fulmoon wo sagashite.And I know whats it all about and I luv it!!:D I even got a few songs on my computer of it. You can read the translated manga on the web(for ppl who can't read japanese like me) but only 2 chapters has been translated. Heres the link http://www.toriyamaworld.com/fullmoon/. You need winzip to downlaod it. And it is worth you while. :D

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

thanx lil_kitten! I was looking for translations.. and I'm so happy to have seen all of this anime! to date, its the most touching anime I have seen, and it even beats Fruits Basket in that category of 'most moving'. :) "Egao wasurenai yo! I cannot live without you forever! Smile Smile!" - Mitsuki

17. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Re: Many Thanks for You!

Ya, she showed it to me, and now I love it. I am trying to download all of it :dizzy2:

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

... in two posts you give out vital show '!!!' for me it wasn't a very predictable anime. It was sad at parts, but besides the point trying to figure out who Takuto was when he was alive and where Eichi was was very important for me to find out on my own while watching it. placing 'spoiler' then immediately on the same line or right below your thoughts without the need to scroll down is hardly an alert for me. well if I read your posts before watching the whole anime I'd be very angry. :mad: if I was a mod here I would have editted your posts, made your spoilers way down in your post with stars or something.

19. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Warning Do Not Check The Attachment If U Haven't Seen Episode 52

I'd say this is one wonderful anime! I've seen all 52 episodes! I LOVE ALL CHARACTERS except for the little ghost with a hat on!
    I was quite satisfied with the ending. Everybody was
    Everybody was happy! Mitsuki was saved! Takuto is now human, and will live happly ever after with mitsuki! AND MEROKO IS NOW AN ANGEL! She's so pretty with short hair! I like her look now better than when she was a shinigami. Check the attachment! I was really happy for her! I was worried that she'll end up being a shinigami. I'm sad though that Izumi is 'misforunate'! I wished that he'd join Meroko. I should write a Fan fic about what happens to Izumi.

IF U HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST EPISODE DO NOT CHECK OUT THE ATTACHMENT

Attached Files:

20. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I've seen up to episode 4, forgot to finish downloading 5 I am 100% sure that I am way behind :p
    But it is a "cute" show really, reminds me of an old anime I watched when I was a little girl..

[edit]I just saw Suzu's post, which made what I said has no sense at all ^^;[/edit]