Anime Full Moon wo Sagashite

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by That guy!, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Mavan

Mavan New Member

Question

okay i have seen all 52 episodes its a kickin awesome show, and i know it ended sometime last summer. is there any rumors that there is going to be a movie? the show is to flippin good to end like it did! sorry....but i want to know what happens next. and anyone who wants the episodes go to www.animesuki.com you can download them from there

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I loved how it ended. A movie would be nice, but I couldn't be more happy with a show.

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I just finished watching this anime, and it truly was one of the best I've seen.

When I watched episode 41 and realized that Eichi died, it just seemed to me like things wouldn't be able to get better.

I'm a bit annoyed with Meroko becoming an angel. Sure, she's not going to become a ghost and all that, but I'd rather have her be with Takuto and Mitsuki. Mitsuki said it best herself, "When the three of us aren't together, I feel lonely just like before" (or something like that..).

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

these are spoilers and a tag would be annoying. So don't read if you haven't seen all

I wanted to point out a few things that are different between the anime and manga:

I'll say again SPOILERS!!!

• Mitsuki always knew Eichi had died, so she was in love with a dead person and wanted to die to meet back up with Eichi. But before then would express her feelings with song (since it was her dream too)

• They didn't need to travel to America to see Eichi-kun and speak with his adoptive Grandparents, because the flight he was on exploded in mid-air after take-off.

• Eichi was Takuto's first Shinigami assignment, but Eichi said only one girl could release him and he left a curse on Takuto.

• Hatsuki and Aoi (Mitsuki's parents) died in a car crash as they rushed an in labour Hatsuki to the hospital..Mitsuki survived.

• Takuto met Mitsuki around the same time Eichi did. Wakaouji brought Takuto to the orphanage she was at and pointed her out. Takuto promised her that all she had to do was call him, and he'd come to protect her. (I'm assuming he met her before Eichi and this was at the very first orphanage before she met kind Eichi at another one.)

• I don't recall if this happened in the anime, but when Mitsuki was very small, Eichi forced a kiss on Mitsuki and said he loved her and she said she loved him but he yelled saying 'not like that!'..he was trying to get an answer from Mitsuki before leaving.

• In the manga, we find out about the human lives of Meroko and Izumi as well.

• Meroko was Moe-san, the best friend of Mitsuki's grandmother. Because of confusion in their frinedship, Moe thought Fuzuki-san had betrayed her and taken the man she loved. So she killed herself.

• Izumi had all his memories from the very beginning. He died when he was a little boy. His father had died and hi mother was abusive towards him. She always told him "things would be better without you" so, as they were walking together, he ran past the train barriers. He waited for her to call his name but she didn't. His plan was to make her happy. The last thing he saw before he died was her smiling. ><

• Izumi took his mother's soul as an assignment. He didn't give himself a chance to talk to her.

• Izumi turns out to be an awesome guy. He realizes very soon about himself and his feelings through Mitsuki.

• Jonathan was really the Shinigami Head in disguise, Sheldan.

• Sheldan took Izumi and was making him lose his precious memories and made Izumi a horrible person to go after Mitsuki on the roof and then take her soul.

• Meroko, Takuto and Izumi made plans to erase Mitsuki's name from the list (Shinigamis look on the list to see the souls they need to get with death date)
      Meroko 'betrayed' Takuto by giving him to the guards as a form of her payment for breaking rules. She went to the master's room to find the master list. There, she met the Death Master, a beautiful shinigami. The first ever shinigami.

• Sheldan has a talk with Mitsuki. Mitsuki asks who made them shinigamis. The Death Master had been called that by the first soul she took.

• Mitsuki sees the shinigamis as angels. Which makes Sheldan wonder if Mitsuki really was fated to die.

• Izumi has one memory left and through that memory and Mitsuki becomes good again, or back to realizing himself.

• Takuto and Meroko come and they and Izumi say they'll protect Mitsuki.

• Sheldan calls down the Death Master's scythe upon Mitsuki. Takuto shields Mitsuki but they both are impaled.

• They are ok. Since the Scythe is to take away a soul destined to die soon.

• Mitsuki is glowing! Sheldan understands, and another reason to scythe them was to remove another soul!(Emotional tie too great so didn't work)

• When Takuto and Meroko came to Mitsuki, her name was already fading from the List. Meeting Meroko and Takuto changed Mitsuki's feelings. But only a dying soul or dead soul could see the shinigami. So how? Becomes a soul around Mitsuki was acting as a filter.

• After Eichi died, his soul surrounded Mitsuki and was always watching over her. So, in a way, because of him, Mitsuki didn't die. Since through him, the shinigami were able to meet Mitsuki.

• Meroko only loved Takuto as a friend. She truly loved Izumi and Izumi loved her.

• Wakaouji became producer for Full Moon thinking it was Mitsuki but she said no. He still reminaed her producer though.

• Mitsuki left home and for almost the entire manga she was away from home.

• Wakaouji was supposed to open a package for Full Moon but Ooshige did it for him. It exploded in her face and she was all bandaged up. I don't think it left scars though.

• Her boss was having an affair with her. He was saying stuff like he thought Full Moonw as cute and she was saying "please leave her alone, she's pure, I'm tainted"

• Wakaouji saved her and told her he didn't believe she was tainted, but a polished stone.

• Wakaouji sensei always had a Princess in his heart. He always thought it was Hatsuki, and was sad because she was Aoi-sama's. This was because when he was troubled about whether he should be a in the music industry or become a doctor, someone left him a horoscope saying how he'd have two paths, two careers etc.. and there was a very encouraging message on the back. He kept this dear to him..

• His Princess wasn't Hatsuki, but Yuina-chan a.k.a. Ooshige-san, Full Moon's manager, who just turns out to have been the mysterious female with Route-L. At first I thought there were four members, but thinking about it, Ooshige herself was an idol on her own. So the picture she always had with her must have been taken since she loved the band.. I'd say Route L was a 3-member group. But if you wanted to know who the female was, it's Ooshige.(I don't recall if there was a flashback in the anime of all 4 playing?)

• Full Moon's fashion and make-up designer, ended up being Takuto's girlfriend when he was alive. (that's a bit too enmeshed)

• There's this cute singer Nachi-kun, who is the lead singer for 'Oz' he ends up falling in love with Madoka and they plan on gettign married near the end of the manga.

• The man Meroko and Fuzuki both loved, well Fuzuki never married him. He ended up marrying some other woman and they had Aoi-sama, Mitsuki's father. So she's related to that guy as well.

• Takuto did dissapear, because his soul hurted, probably a combination of knowing his memories AND the scythe. Since Izumi and Meroko also knew about themselves.

• At the end, 3 years later, Full Moon makes her second debut at 15 almost 16, with brown hair. Some guy tries to get her to go out with him, but she says she already loves 2 people. Ooshige and Wakaouji Keichi are together (she grew her hair long again). Izumi and Meroko are together (as shinigami, but very happy) and Mitsuki's grandparents are together.

• Wakouji has a surprise for Mitsuki. Takuto appears. Ooshige is shocked. since she knows Takuto as well. Takuto's vocal chords are fixed because the Death Master and Sheldan dissapeared having used up all their powers to create something 'pure' aka his chords. (that was something in their power to do)

• Eichi is finally released, he struggles to go back to Mitsuki, but then sees her very happy, smiles and flies away. Mitsuki says she felt the sky smiling down upon her.

I think that's all I can think of that was different or wanted to emphasize.
    I'll edit things later..(I better go to bed now)

1 person likes this.
  5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

**Who da BUMP master?!!!?***

I wished that I watched this show way earlier. I watched a few episodes in the anime then read the manga.

To me the manga was a lot more sad.

I was about not to finish it causes it was sad. But I am glad that I did.

Very good anime/manga.