Anime Gankutsuou

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Oct 27, 2004.

1. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

Actually, it's not licensed.
    Media Factory sent a message or email to animesuki (not sure to who as well) to not host any of the anime they produce - old and new. So, it's not exactly licensed. ^^;

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Hahaha ^________^! The Marquis Andrea is sooo cuuuuuuute!
    I'm worried about Valentine, that evil witch Madame Villeford, I wonder what she is up too... So many things to talk about. I've just seen up to episode 8. awww it's licenced... there is no link to Gankutso at animesuki :(

Alkie spoiler tags work like this
    {spoiler=Episode8} Episode 8 was just amazing {/spoiler}
    replace curly brakets with []'ed ones :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was reading that on animesuki.. I didn't really understand that at all.

4. alkhoon

Thanks for the tip love! <3
    Ahh! I'm itching to discuss the particulars of that episode~~ ahhh! Everything bottled up and filled with spoilers. :x
    I love you Dumas. You are a wonderful author. ;0;
    (well after Heyer of course! XD)

And now onto the whole Gankutsuou licensing! :3
    Well, let me explain. ^^;
    The japanese anime companies don't exactly love fansubs, or even unsubtitled anime being passed around. They're also trying to stop it within Japan. (Hence the whole thing with Winny awhile back). So Media Factory decided to contact animesuki and tell them not to host any kind of show they are producing old or new.

Cleared up? ^^;

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya thanks, I can't believe they are freaking out over that.. but I sort of understand..

Anyways episode 9 was a messed up episode. There's so much going on, and it's just.. amazing really.

6. alkhoon

Yes. So much~ <3 ;D
    Can't wait till episode 10. ^0^

(I wonder why I can't add reputation thingies for Ciel T.T)

*edit* Ciel ;o I didn't mean it that way ^^; I was just curious as to why I couldn't add them to you..

1 person likes this.
  7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Who else cried when watching episode 18? I thought the Count was really cool, but I sort of hate him now.. but he has that whole Gakutsuou cold heart thing going on though. Edmond is dead. And poor Albert!!! and I'm a bii sick, but I thought Franz was soo good looking in that episode.. :sad:

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I'm sooooo Depressed! :sad: Franz looked so cool, when he was speaking his last words....

ARG! THAT EVIL #$%#$%#$%! I take it back! He's horrid! He's UGLY! AND SICK!

Is it me or did he just kiss his mother in episodes 19! And he wants to marry his sister! GRRRRRR
    Someone Save Eugenie! T__T She looks pretty in her wedding gown...

9. edmond

edmond New Member

Bonjour?
    gankutsuou est sans doute l'un des dessins animés les plus innovent de ses 10 dernieres années. Une animation incroyable, des décors sublimes et des costumes a faire rager Jean paul gaultier et christian Lacroix.
    L'histoire est evidement intrigente et palpitante, merci Dumas.
    Le seul moyen pour que l on puisse voir ce dessin animé chez nous c'est par l'intemédiare de canal plus. En effet ce sont eux qui diffuse ce genre de dessins annimés la Kaze(les meilleurs , les gros hit).
    Alors parlez en autour de vous ,peut etre que ca arrivera aux oreilles des gens de Canal +
    Car une oeuvre pareil ce serait dommage de la louper.
    merci
    Ecrivez a Canal, ca peut marcher!

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I agree with you, I think the style of animation and how they go about re-telling a classic to be highly innovative. It doesn't bore me, like how another retelling of a story could. Hopefully Canal+ shows/releases Gakutsuou for you. I'm not sure if Canal+ is a tv station or company that licenses and releases animes on DVD though.

Anyways, I can't wait to see this anime to the end.

edit: Finished watching. I think it may be one of the first animes I have seen that had sad things happen toward the end of the show, but left me satisfied and content in the very last episode; It probably may be because of the set time period in that episode.

11. Fushigi Rockna

Can I revive this thread? Well I'm gonna.

I LOVE THIS SHOW. >3<

Me and my friend recently got into it. She saw it at a convention, then got the first two DVDs for her birthday. Now we're both absolutely in love with it, and I swear I'll bite her if she doesn't get the third dvd <.< >.>

I love the animation. It's so gorgeous and unique. Me and my friend actually leant the DVDs to the art teacher at our school cause we knew she would love the animation (and she does! >3<)

Haydee is love. I adore her. >3<

Anyways I can't wait to watch the rest of the series!