Anime GTO

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ak1t0, Apr 11, 2002.

1. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

gto stands for great teacher onizuka. I love that anime man! I've only seen the fist five dvds of it, an I dont remember how many episodes that is. I marathoned it for 5 or so hours, which isnt that long but still! I love Onizuka and the kid who, cant member his name, doctored up dirty and suggestive pictures. I guess Ill buy some manga eventually, but my wallet is in intensive care at the moment.

I like how it is humorous and yet still has morals to it. And the the openings drivers high and hitori no yoru are awesome! heh heh, prono grafitti...

ok, im off to go download some maaya sakamoto...nope, im not procrastinatin, not at all

2. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I can't compare GTO's "experience" to anything. It's basically about a tough yet ultra cool young man who becomes a teacher, and takes care of business whenever a social problem rises up. Just think, it's a more mature-type of comedy-drama that teens and adults would like. It's the kind of anime that impresses tough guys who are sick of all those high school anime's that attract all the nerdy people. That's cuz GTO ain't no flowery walk in the park. The issues such as family complications, lost friendships, are realistic, and even though the ways in which Onizuka handles them may be a lil far-fetched, he does have some logic which pulls through. He often snaps, beats up or tortures people, but in the end he just keeps gaining respect.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I've seen the first 4 eps [or was it 5? o_O], and I really liked it.. I can't find the rest though :(
    I tried downloading from kazaa, but no use *sigh*

4. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

Awesome show. If i wasn't so poor it would be on my wall of anime.

5. Odin

Odin Member

I really enjoy GTO, the anime. I've seen the manga on store shelves, but I've never bothered to read it.

Current favorite GTO moment:

When Onizuka "becomes" the main character from Fist of the North Star (I don't remember his name) and beats the crap out of a bunch of teenage guys.
    -Odin

6. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Kenshiro.

7. Odin

Odin Member

Thank you.
    -Odin

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

if it can be compared to anything, it would be Golden Boy. Bit of a stretch though.

I've heard GTO described as a show where every episode, Onizuka beats someone up, which just happens to be exactly what the situation called for, and everyone sings his praises. (approx) hehe

It's a bit more than that though. Makes me laugh, which is always a good thing.

9. Odin

Odin Member

While I can definitely see the similiarities between Onizuka and Golden Boy (an anime with a pervert you just can't help cheering for), but yeah, it would be a stretch to compare the two. Onizuka is also significantly less . . .eh . . .dirty.
    -Odin

10. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

Hehe Goldenboy.... So much jiggling so much toilet humor...So much hugging of toilets...Much more slapstick than GTO though..

11. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

GTO is a completely different series from what most animes i've watched so far:p After some time i got to like it. Yea, it's messed with all the perverted-ness and Onizuka beating up some one all the time. I like how Onizuka still keeps his evil ways:p

12. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

well ive only seen a couple show subtitled but i read all the mangas1-20 so far that came out. its halarias action packed little romantic but what i really like about it is the drama -( if thats the word im looking for i realy dont know what it means i just theink ido) like when
    *****spoiler*****
    when (sorry forgot there names once i figure it out ill edite it for now im just guessing) Miyabi(switched her hair color to blue by now) posted up on the wall to every body that Urumi has no father its just some sperm that was enhanced to like have some smart child Miyabi posted it up in a sick and mean way. When urumi saw this she got pissed off and spraypainted an internet address that had Miyabi name in it, when people went on to that adress it said that in 24 hours i would relaese live films of Miyabi changeing and going to the bathroom (from secret cameras) Urumi went to kill herself were there is artificial snow and the kids from class 4 try to save Miyabi's reputation by trying to hack into the site and the teacher onizuka and a student trying to save Urumi's life and the princible chasing after onizuka (like always( i realy didnt like the part were they show him chasing after onizuka even though it just put in a little more suspence because of his delays)in the end it turned out great and suprising- I dont want to give it away because i know people still read it even though its spoiling it for them :D

edit: unless if you ask nicely (and read whats under my sig) :D

edit: okay i put the right names in this time and just so your wondering thats from volume 16 and 17

13. grunge_otaku

grunge_otaku New Member

Wow... I just read V.21 and reviewed it for a site... That was a good volume. We're nearing the end of the series, and from what I've heard, the final part of the story is really good and surprising.

14. IceLands

IceLands New Member

did you just wright the end of the series :eek: , that would be bad, and how do you know its going to end?

15. grunge_otaku

grunge_otaku New Member

GTO is a 25-volume series. Volume 21 was released in early November in the US. In Japan, GTO has been over for a long time.

16. IceLands

IceLands New Member

only 25 volumes now im even more excited to se how it ends

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I love Onizuka and those Evil Crazy Eyes when he gets pissed about anything..

18. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

meh, exactly how many books are there?

but i love mayu... yeah, mayu... and the rest of the guys... but mostly mayu...*drool*

19. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Old thread and sticky. It could have had a forum by now. I have this series. I heard it was good. I wish there was time to watch it though.