Video Games guild wars (56k warning) (screenshots)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I'm already in a guild.

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Whats the Guilds name. Maybe i can pull some strings and get u kicked out :p J/K

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Actually, I know I gave the idea for a BJP clan but I created my own guild called the "Millennium Falcons" and made capes for it and have several members. I might change the name in time, or start a new one since the name might be better for something like Galaxies.

Anyways, my name on it is Xeno Blueriver and I'm a Ranger/Monk.

Oh and the section after present day Ascalon is much nicer looking XD

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Level 12 Necrmancer/Elementalist, going by the name Kain Kontroller, i'm one of the four officers in The Order Of The Phoenix guild, although i've fallen a little behind as far as some of the other members.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Well, there's already a image heavy warning, so I'll tag my screenies.
    Here's myself at a photo shoot :p : [​IMG]
    And here's my char Theadras Orweng (Necro/Mesmer), With That guy!'s character, Xeno Blueriver (Ranger/Monk): [​IMG]

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

One thing that I realized with this game is that you cannot jump! That leaves like...1/3 of the world to discover. Try to climb up a hill without jumping o_O

- Teddz

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Ciel has one sexxeh character!

I'll take screencaps soon...

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I noticed when I upgrade my armor, the more skin I show... that's very odd..
    oh well. Better than some skin-tight 50's bathing suit with scales.

Teddz, we can jump, but we can't climb. It's somewhat annoying when you want to go in a certain direction and there's a 8 foot hill in your path, but sometimes it's more fun to go around.. I get a bit impatient though.

Here, adding a new screen: [​IMG]
    There's Neph n Ciel... Neph may end up adding more in his own post.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

/jump doesn't count. :p

I'm in guy's MiFa guild, too. I play a Necro/Warrior (Edit: logged on last night to check - level 11) named Syndal Nightshade.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm *gasp* Izzy Izumi, a (currently) lvl 7 Ranger / Necromancer...still Pre-Searing. =P

Not a guild member yet though.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Last night I got stuck under a ramp. It was crazy. Then I thought I could dance or jump my way out. My character just ended up cursing the situation. It was hilarious now that I think about it, but a complete waste of time during the Borlis Pass mission... so kids, don't bump really hard into ramps.. you may morph into them!

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I beat the game, the end was alright. Now I'm working on getting into the Hall of Heroes by doing PVP and winning some Celestial Sigils to make a guild hall. European teams are extremely tough to beat..

Ciel and I decided that Millennium Falcons was a bit too sci-fiish for the style of the game, so we made a new guild called "Municipal Force Daitenzin", if you've watched Excel Saga you'll know what we named it after ;) Message us in game if you want to join (err, that felt like an advert there, gomen).

The game did have several bugs, but I think they're working on them. Like, sometimes when you revived back to a res portal your henchmen would run back to the place they died. This was annoying, but they fixed it finally.

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I still get that, they seem to have the power to run over mountains for some reason, but they usually end up running back to me. Wouldn't mind joiniung your guild, but unless your going to be playing in the international district all the time its kinda a waste.

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Welp, since no one's been in here for a while...I'll update it. Just hit Skyward Reach today, and included is the picture in which it happened!
    [​IMG]
    And here I am, holding the Sceptre of Orr...with Orion looking cool....because he is.
    [​IMG]
    Yup, no guild yet...no nifty cape... Funny story, that mission. I just wanted to see what it was like, so I picked up some henchies, and entered the mission. Ended up completing it on a dry run...was fun though. Few close calls at the end with all the Mantle bearing down on you, and Whirling Defense + Alesia saved my hide!

...and still using my Lion's Arch/Beetletun druid's set. XD

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol. That guy! and I started a guild. It's called Municipal Force Daitenzin. Some of you may know about this group from Excel Saga. So I designed a Hand of Fire cape, since they kind of took out most of F city with their 'heck there's a crime!' attitude.

16. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm stuck between deciding to get Guild Wars or World of Warcraft. Can you guys fill me in on Guild Wars, is it worth it? I need to know because I have to be all decided by like 3:00 p.m. today. Thanks, any info is appreciated.

-Ian

17. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Guild Wars is totally worth it. I mean, it's free, there's free content (the first "expansion/major update" is two totally new areas)! What makes it worthwhile is that you don't pay (at all, actually) for the fluff of an MMORPG. GW is truly one of those games that I can play once a week, and not feel left behind. Also, skill matters a lot in this game, since a person can only carry 8 skills. There's no grind (unless you make it so) and there's no "uber-weapons-of-major-butt-kicking", so everyone's on an even playing field.

That said, the focus of Guild Wars is PvP. PvE is great, so you don't have to play PvP...but even the regular mobs use PvP style tactics. You'll want to join a guild to play GvG/PvP matches, or just pick up a PUG and play in the Arenas at major cities in Tyria.

I say go for Guild Wars. Less server downtime (all content is streamed as you need it, not as it is released). And it's easy to play by yourself, if you don't like grouping or *trying* to find a group!

<3 Alesia the Tank.

Note: Crystal Desert is so much fun to explore now that Lina is a mainstay in the Desert. <3

18. Orion

Orion Gears

Alright then, I guess I've made my decision, thanks Izzy!

19. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Just got it, so far its very fun. Im only a lvl 3 Warrior ATM though, have this problem with my drivers which makes me restart almost every time i need access to my inventory though. -_-

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

What kind of Video Card are you using? If it's ATI or Nvidia, you might want to *roll back* drivers. Some of the newer ones make the game poop.