Movies have you seen equilibrium??what did you think.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by vash the stampede, May 3, 2004.

1. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

have you seen the movie equilibrium if so tell me what you thought about it and if not i highly recomend it.i thought it was an awesome movie it had awesome fight scenes and a rally good storie line too it reminds me of the matrix a lot.what was your favorite fight scene i'd have to say mine was the last fight scene when he walks in that hallway and he throws the clips on the ground and when he chops that guys face off too.tell me what you thought of the movie.

2. Hice

Hice New Member

It's an excellent movie, Christian Bale was awesome in it.

As for my favorite scene, its a tie between:

When Christian Bale's character has to blow away his own partner.

and

The opening gun fight in the abandoned building, where Bal takes out an entire room of armed men by himself.

3. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

This movie was indeed the epitome of coolness, Story inspired by 1984 and farenheit 451 etc and fight scenes that did this to me and many others

click me

As you can tell i liked it a lot :anime:
    (I heard that the guy who made it left some action scenes out because of budget restrictions but the scenes where so cool in concept that he's keeping it hush-hush till his next movie)

And again it is a damn awesome movie (much better than the matrix 2 and 3 and maybe even the matrix 1)

(oh and if you like that kind of storyline you might want to see eXistenZ no action but cool story)

4. vash the stampede

I JUST SAW THAT MOVIE LIKE A FEW WEEKS AGO I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE OK AT FIRST AND THEN I SAT THERE AND I WAS LIKE "sorry i didnt know caps lock was on" WELL IWAS LIKE MAN THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME I HAD TOO WATCH IT FIVE TIMES WELL MAYBE 3.I LOVED THE PART WHEN HE WAS BEATING ALL THOSE GUYS WITH THE BUTT OF HIS GUN WITH THOSE SPIKES ON THE END.I LIKED EVERY FIGHT SCENE BUT I STILL THINK MATRIX 1 WAS AWESOME MATRIX2 SUCKED SOOO BAD IT WASNT EVEN FUNNY BUT THE MOTORCYCLE HIGHWAY SCENE WAS COOL.

OH YEAH THAT THING WAS FUNNY DID YOU MAKE IT.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I thought that it was OK.
    I liked the fight at the start when the main character (can't remember hs name cause it was like 2 years ago when i saw it), kicks in a door, slids in on it into a room and then just stands there firing his guns in all direction and kills everyone in the room. I think that was the opne that Hice was talking about. The last figth was good to.

6. vash the stampede

i thought at first that the black dude *no offense to anyone* was going to help the main character because he was standing right by him on the cover of the movie box,and then he cuts his face off and i was like whattttt :eek: thats awesome but you could tell it was fake.still its a verry verry cool movie.

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Equilibrium = Fahrenheit 451 + Matrix - (good writing + directing)

Seriously, it was easily the least original movie I have seen in a long time, and the last movie I saw was Lizzy McGuire.

8. vash the stampede

lizzie mguire uuhhh.the last movie i saw was uh think think cant remember :anime: o well.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Equilibruim was just a filler, between the first and second Matrix films. It had the styles and the special effects of the Matrix, so i'd say it was just there to fill in the void while people waited for the next Matrix movie.

10. vash the stampede

i guess your right but when i saw matrix 2 i was very dissapointed i mean they could have done a better job it was sooo dumb.1st matrix way better than 2nd.

11. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Perhaps, but at the time when Equilibrium was released we didn't know what the second matrix film would be like.

12. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

stop taking those crazy pills, they're making you talk crazy.

just because there was alot of guns, and people in long black coats.. does not make it like the matrix.

it's like comparing leprachaun to the lord of the rings, because of gollum.

13. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Filler? I have to agree you must be off your face.

Just because they have very stylish effects doesnt mean they have the same effects, (and im sick of people making links between the matrix and any other movie to use "bullet time", bullet time is a FX technique not the cornerstone of the matrix, no matter what the wankoffski brothers say)
    Equilibrium had similar themes but the guy who made equilibrium still has credibility whereas the wachoski (i know i spelled it wrong) brothers, well what can i say.

They made the first movie and told everyone how they took ideas they liked from other things (necromancer and the like) but then they made the sequels and started to claim that they created the idea from scratch ( they even had the nerve to steal Rise of the robots and call it the history of the matrix (i.e. the second renaissance)

Oh vash that link i gave you was a Penny Arcade strip, I have no association with Gabe and Tyco im just a fan of the comic :anime: (guess i should have said that in the other post)

14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Are you tring to say the matrix was original?

Damn you and Kain must be on the same medication.

And for the record while the writing was not the greatest in the world the directing was briliant (and i dont just mean the choreography)

I just thought everyone should know about Bale's input on the movie, due to budget restrictions the movie almost went under, but bale's martial arts experience saved them YAY!!!

15. vash the stampede

thats pretty coll how the guy who made the movie i mean wrote it made up that fighting style on his own even though its fake,but my uncle said there are these people you can look up on the internet that actually tried to learn that fake fighting style i can imagine a whole bunch of retarted people trying to learn guncatta {fogive my spelling}.

16. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

much awesomnicity

I saw the gunkatta site a while ago, its basicly some guys with a camera messing around. They're even trying to develop new katta based on the movie

If you think thats funny take a look at "fat star wars kid"

(this post was longer but it deleted itself as i was typing so its shorter now)

17. Novus

Novus Gone

Think before you speak. Maybe you've been too busy watching cheese like this to realize, but I have said many times in the past a few preferences of mine.
    I am a big fan of good cyberpunk. Therefore, I REALIZE the Matrix was unoriginal drivel. All you have to do is pick up anything with a Shadowrun label, or even anything with a FASA Corporation label, for that matter, or anything with the name "William Gibson" on the cover to know that. Even the concept of the Matrix itself was ripped out of classical cyberpunk.
    I've also been exposed to countless predictable, contrived, pseudo-critical films that have poured out of Hollywood over the last ninety years or so. So, when I watch a film such as the Matrix or equilibrium, and I start seeing familiar themes that have been used over and over again by directors and screenwriters who want to seem like they have some deep comment to say about society and think they're the first one to say it, I just really start to feel any appeal I felt towards said films melting away. Furthermore, I see the same old "creative" and "artistic" film techniques used by just about every filmmaker who ever makes a movie anything like one of these. You want to show me a creative filmmaker? Then show me someone modern who will find a way to make an iris work in a colour film. I've only ever seen that done once.
    As for directors themselves, good directing is very hard to come by. Sure, Equilibrium had some nice choreography. I'll give you that. But so did West Side Story. So did Grease. Why aren't we raving about how great they were? Because good choreography can't save a movie on its own.
    And yes, the martial arts scenes were good. But, with a little bit of work, anyone can make a movie fight scene look good. And, anyone can make one look bad. You could have some kind of martial arts acting dream team, like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan, and you could still make a crapped out fight scene. So don't go saying Bale saved the movie single-handedly.

Finally, I remind you of the old maxim "Know Your Enemy". Before you argue with me on movies, note that I don't just watch movies. I have STUDIED them. I will throw film theory and technique at you until D.W. Griffith crawls out of his grave and tells me to stop.
    I apologize for the rant, but I don't like being told my opinion is wrong by an argument based on the fact that I must be crazy for disagreeing.
    Anyway, I've said my piece.

18. vash the stampede

ok semms you know a lot about movies i wont argue.

hey i saw that star wars kid it was soo funny me and my uncle watched it like 5 times he is like soo serious and he thinks hes cool i laughed soo hard.

19. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Yes boss.

So the Matrix was not totally original, so what, films like Akira and other things were what infuenced the movie, just like the matrix influenced this film. The whole thing with long black coats started because of the Matrix, once that film came out everyone started wearing them.
    I;m not saying that the coriograhpy (or however thats spelt) was bad, i liked the fight with the swords at the end, but you have to admite there does seem to be an influence on the film that that comes from the matrix, just like the matrix was influenced by akira.

20. vash the stampede

wow no more flames ok stop argeuing "let your anger be as a monkey in a piniata hiding with the candy hoping the kids dont break through with the stick" :anime: