Watase Yuu Works How did you discover Fushigi Yuugi?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sakura, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Sakura

Sakura New Member

I'm curious about how all of you first heard of or got into Fushigi Yugi.

In my case, a friend of mine lent me this new Fushigi Yuugi manga, and I loved it! ^_^

2. whitedragon2

whitedragon2 New Member

welll

well i just got kinda bored and i was in the book store and i had been looking for the new inuyasha an well of course they didnt have it
    they never have anynew manga in the us
    but any way fushigi caught my attention and i bought it then 2 days later i bought 2 more and so on but i have to wait awhile to get #9 cause well book supply is slow

3. Fushigi Rockna

Actually this all started simply enough...

Before the name fushigi Rockna was comfirmed I was Fushigi Rei. When I was saying this to my friend's older otaku brother his immediate response was 'Fushigi yuugi!'
    Me: :confused:
    Him: it's an anime stupid, a good one too.

so anywho, I didn't think much of it till one day i was bored and did some searchinhg and the show and blah blah blah.

Thought it was cool but still didn't think much of it.

Then i heard about it from another girl, how it was her favorite manga/anime and i heard about it lots more and I started to really like it.

Then i saw the first four episodes. :p

So now, it's my favorite anime! ^^

4. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I got inroduce to FY a couple months ago (and I caught on quick). My brother rent the third OAV of FY and he let me watch it, since he saw how bored I was and he know I like anime. After watching that I was hooked on to it. I started buying the manga and my brother rent me the serie when he have time.

5. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I was on the mangatoanime chat room, when this user name Jedi came on. Well, seeing how I am a Star Wars freak; I talked to him. He started talking about this anime called Fushigi Yuugi. He told me about it, and then said it was really good. Then, when I got kazaa lite, I serched for Fusigi Yuugi. Then I saw it and............BAAM!!:eek: I LOVED IT:D

Now a month ago, Naru started to like it a lot. When she saw more of it at her friends house. Now me and her share are anime episodes and talk about it all the time. We are obsessed :p

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I'd heard about it but had never really been convinced that it was good. Then a friend of mine let me read a copy of Vol. 1 a friend lent her (yes, what a chain -- anime and manga bring people together ^_^). I read it (alongside yet another friend ^_^) and was immediately in love with the art (and Keisuke >D). I read Vol. 2 as well, and fell even more in love.

Haven't seen/read anything other than that (except a few FY-themed AMVs), and every time I think about it I go, "I MUST have FY!!" Clearly, I'm a shoujo fan. >D

7. angel's tears

angel's tears New Member

i saw it in a commercial trailer in AXN...i forgot what year it was. i soon as i saw it i got interested so i decided to watch it.

8. endless_pain

endless_pain New Member

same with my sister..i saw it in a trailer in axn..:D

9. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Someone I know had a fansub of some of the first episodes so we watched it. :)

10. LiLIceKitten

LiLIceKitten New Member

I fell in love a few months ago but i need money to buy the manga - -

A friends told me about it and well she sent me pic then i found about have the first ep on the internet and well i've been wondering and praying about the rest

11. Demon Inuyasha

Demon Inuyasha New Member

Saw a episode on the Interational Channel dubbed.So then I went to by the manga and bought the Subbed tapes\dvds

FR: no colored font please!

12. Kasumi-chan

Kasumi-chan New Member

I actually downloaded it of kazaa, not knowing what the hell it could possibly be about but HEY its now my fave anime!!! I need episode 50, I've ordered the 1st 2 manga books of amazon.co.uk. anime and manga is sort of hard to find here in the uk :(

13. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara New Member

I had heard of it before but never really thought about it, then I saw it on the International channel and so I started watching it! But I missed like the first 10 episodes! But Im okay theres the manga as well! MUST GET MANGA!!!! AHHHHHH!! ..:dizzy2:

14. Miko

Miko New Member

my story is probably the strangest. my friend, who by the way, is majorly into anime, fell outside of the school and all of her stuff fell out of her bookbag. I helped her find all of her stuff, and with it was volumes 1 and 2 of fy. i said "oh, this looks interesting", and she lent it to me. a few days later, she gave me a subbed version of all the eps. and the ovas.

15. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

First, my cousin ToOmaA showed me a picture where they were all drunk, then, she MADE me take a look at their profiles, I was like *yawn* :p

Then her friend, Suzu [aka. Skuld] lent her or gave her 2 mangas, I was like OMG!! I want to see it!! I was laughing so much while reading it, how about watching it??? :p

Yet, I didn't get the chance to see it :/

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I came across the ovas on a fansub vhs order site, got me the 2 ovas and was hooked. It's a beautiful anime. I still need to see most of the actually anime though.

17. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I picked it up when i was unpacking books at my work and i decided to read it during my lunch break and i thought it was really good and ended up reading the rest of them... i prefer reading over watching stuff

18. jindo

jindo New Member

Saw the box cover and gave it a shot. After the first 2 episodes I was addicted. :sweat:

19. Shattered Rayn

Shattered Rayn New Member

Mine was a little strange. A friend had just introduced me to manga and anime and she got me started with drawing it. I was searching through the internet under anime pictures and found a ton of Fushigi Yuugi pictures. I tried to draw in that style and was instantly hooked on the whole idea of the series. But then I figured out the drawing was too advanced for me. But I still like it!

20. sniperx

sniperx New Member

well my lil cuz introduced me to the anime after i saw 1 episode i had to see more and after that i was just hooked on it .. :sweat2: