Watase Yuu Works How did you discover Fushigi Yuugi?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sakura, Aug 28, 2003.

1. sourcherriz

sourcherriz New Member

de dai i found it i was lost. i went shoppin wif mi fwends den i went awf 2 wach sum manga so i wachd it den i got hookd. wen it finishd i got lost.

2. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

My friend read the manga but i couldn't borrow it from her (for various reasons) so i read summaries and a couple of chapter scans on the net 'cos i was curious. But i couldn't get enough of it. So when i was in america I bought the OVA's and now i'm reading the manga (the earlier volumes in books and the later chapters in animerica extra). I've yet to see the anime series in full *sob* but i'm working on that. Now I pretty much know everything that happens anyway.

3. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

My best friend got the anime and introduced me to it. We watched all 52 episodes on this tiny Tv in her parents room. I wish I could afford at least half of it on DVD, but sadly I don't have $200 to spare.

4. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I first saw it at a book and thoght I should chack it out and and really liked it, it one of the first Shojo's that really got me into the whole shojo thing.

5. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

I went over to my friend's house and she told me ~ Wanna watch Fushigi Yuugi? I just bought it.
    So we watched it together ~ and I was suddenly hooked on it XD

6. Nurilvr2finney

Nurilvr2finney New Member

I first heard of it at Fanfiction.net, and I first saw it over my granma's house late at night cuz my dad was at work and I was flippin through the channels and saw it on the international channel. I saw ep. 32 and I thought Nuriko was a girl :dizzy2: , but then I went to Suncoast up at Northgate mall and bought volume 4. So far I've got volumes 1,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9. Don't ask how I got 9. I don't even know really. Luck, I guess. Got my friends into it at school. Nuriko rules! :anime:

7. Tamahomechick

Tamahomechick New Member

I learned about it from my sis. She bought the whole set for $62.00 on ebay. It came still in the plastic...

8. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Back in... I guess it had to be 2000 or 2001, one of my friends started buying the subbed VHS. That's how I discovered it - ah, long days sitting in a stuffy upstairs bedroom, munching junk food and watching anime. XD Those were the days.

Poor Nuriko, though. ;_; That scene actually teared us up.

9. Senko

Senko New Member

Well Fushigi Yuugi was what brought me to the anime world :anime: my uncles had borrowed it and I watched it out of boredom. It seemed to be really cool and I liked it more and more with each episode. *ahem* although the Fushigi Yugi they borrowed spoke in a different language...anyways after that I got really interested and searched for the manga and the dubbed episodes (sicne I couldn't find fansubs until about a year ago and I borrowed it from my cousin).

10. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Fushigi Yugi was the 1st manga I read. That's probably why it's my favorite. I first discovered Fushigi Yugi at the library. The cover of the book looked interesting and I read the back. A week later, I was hooked. In my opinion Fushigi Yugi is #1!!

11. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

my cousin said she was at an anime convention
    i asked her if she had seen a character and she said dhe was too busy worshipng fushigi yuugi
    that sparked my intrest
    i then learned later after i got into anga that a library i go to had it
    i got the first one and i was hooked

12. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

I usually look for manga's that have really good art. Fushigi Yuugi was on the display rack. The cover of Fushigi Yuugi attracted me due to the nice romantic cover of Volume 2. :) Then I got hooked on Ceres because I like Yu Watase.