Recreation How did you find out about M2A?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEDI_X, Apr 3, 2002.

1. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

QUESTION: How did you all...

...find this place? And who's responsible for all this? This place is pretty impressive. I've been to a few other message boards, but this one is pretty kick *** feature wise.

I found this place by looking for manga or anime avatars for another message board I go to. Thought it looked neat, so I joined up. :)

2. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

How did I find this place, eh? Well, I was searching for Saber Marionette stuff (a huge SM fanatic nere if ur wonderin ^^), and I happened to come across this kickin' forum! Very kewl place to be ;) Welcome, btw! :D

3. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

I found this place while looking for some Pillows lyrics. After I found what I was looking for I decided to hang around for a while.

4. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I found it when i was lookin at John's (Cloud) other board (Boards.ie) , hi Jedi welcome to MtoA, Cloud did the boards , yeah they are pretty cool alright

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

well .. i was looking for a page named "manganime" and i thought it was this page so i opened this page and to my luck it was a message board.
    I fell in love with this page and i invited Zanza, Skuld and Rashid to see what a great page the M2A is ...

6. Izer

Izer New Member

Wandered in from the Art & Animation forum at boards.ie. Before mangatoanime, it was the closest thing board.ie users had to an anime forum (alongside the films/tv forum) :)

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've got MamiyaOtaru to thank here!

It actually sprouted off a random attempt to hopefully find some J to X... I strangely sent off random e-mails to any address I could think off that sounded SMJ related... I pounded off names for about half an hour in combination with ICQ Info searches... In the end I got about 3 or 4 replies back, Mamiya being one of them. Following a week or so of e-mail back and forth discussing SMJ stuff, he suggested we move our talk to a more suitable board he just joined. I blindly followed.

Seems I came to make this place a second home since then. Cloud is an excellent webmaster, always helpful and considerate, and he ended up granting me first Moderator status, then my favorite Saber Marionette board which I requested, and finally appointed me one of the Admin... I've still got a lot of work to earn the title and priviledge, but that won't deter me.

The boards are great! They're fast, reliable, up-to-date with UBB, and full of a wide selection of Avatars and Smilies. But most importantly, they are the place where so many of you great members out there come to share your knowledge and support! Thanks guys, yet again!

BakaMattSu, getting emotional...

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

cloud told me about it on his other board "boards.ie" a while back

9. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I'm also one of the MO recruits, he's a friend of mine over here, and he told me about the forum shortly after he joined. Well, the rest is history, and here I am, the biggest 'on again off again' moderators on the forum!

And here I am, on again, apparantly.

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I guess it kinda depends how far you go back for who you should blame for my presence here, ultimately it's my fault if you go all the way back to me introducing MO to anime... that becomes an interesting story in its own right

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Boards.ie. Just drifted over in search of anime.

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

One day while my eyes were roting out of my skull looking at my monitor spaced out.. IRC was running and i happened to Notice a Dude Named Cloud come in. We started chating and he told me about this page, gave me Moderator status in BEBOP and MANGA and this and that.. and well I came off and on the site, then I realy got into the forum thing and have been posting more and more of useless stuff that i think is important and stuff YADA YADA YADA...

And so thats my story!

KaMeKaZi

Deep Thoughts

" It makes me mad when I go to all the trouble of having Marta cook up about a hundred drumsticks, then the guy at Marineland says, "You can't throw that chicken to the dolphins. They eat fish." Sure they eat fish, if that's all you give them! Man, wise up."

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

IF Toma-sama haven't told me about this site, I wouldn't have a clue. Thank yew Toma-san! :)

Oh and I invited my sis too...

13. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I'm still not sure.

I got an email from Cloud one day inviting me to this board. I still don't know (or have forgotten) where he got my email address, and what inspired him to invite me. Cloud, if you are reading this, how did you find me?

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I think my brothers brought me to check out the site. :)

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

If you believe this, I gotta sell ya land...

well, back when otaru and i cybered frequently in the napster anime pR0n rooms, he told me he new a great place to get some new influence from other "people". so i put the web whip away and followed. and showed me his mad l0\/3 s|<1Lz.

[bs mode off]
    <ahem> he told me to in one of the napster anime rooms...the bar i think. *^-^* sorry otaru, *^-^* couldn't help myself. i haven't been on here for a long while...but have picked up lots lately...missed all the ppl!!! <pheh!!>

16. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

ROTFL @ Bloodberry

I followed the link on Baka's SMJ sitey.Upon seeing the SMJ community here, I just had to stay and make a nuissance of myself ^_~

~ Lady Aoi

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

just checked, i was 10 days after otaru...who is thinking of a good response...8^-^* hehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe

18. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

well archangel amada invited me and boy am i glad! at first i was a little worried...(oh wait i still am!) but you people have grown on me! *group hug!!!* speaking of archangel whered he go??lol

**from everyones favorite bunny~~Athena**

19. c0ke

c0ke New Member

This place was recommended by Luvweaver, indirectly anyway, so I have him to thank.

20. Knives

Knives New Member

Legato, Wolfwood and Vash kinda forced me to come here!

Legato litteraly forced me to sign up!