Square Enix how the hell do i do that?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Spawn, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Spawn

Spawn New Member

ok, im stuck!
    i cannot defeat sin at all!

its the 4th time ive had to fight him and up until now he hasnt been a problem.

its the fight where u have to defeat him b 4 he sucks u in.

HE'S GOT 140,000 HP its impossible.

how do i do it ?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Use an aeon or something to deflect the overdrive to kill it instead of you. If you don't know when he'll throw it...use the ATB bar on the top right hand corner. If his overdrive is filled up then summon up an aeon BEFORE his turn. It also helps if you hastega your party. ALL of it. And overdrive EVERYONE. Aeons included.

It's not impossible. Really. Especially if you go the route I usually went and got the Celestial Weapons before hand. With those, no one is really a problem. With the exception of Nemesis...but he's just that kind of boss. :D

All you need for most boss fights is hastega (if that, even), Overdrives (Preferrably any multihit ones, like Tidus, Lulu, Wakka...), and Aeons charged and ready to go. Oh, not to mention a few handy Phoenix Downs....comes in REAL handy, especially if you have a shield equipped with Auto-Phoenix. Or you can be like Izzy and have a shield with Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell...so the darned big dude can't hurt ya. :D

3. Odin

Odin Member

Yeah, the celestial weapons/crests/sigils help a lot. With them, the entire game is easy as pie (though I always wondered . . . is pie really that easy?) with the exception of the arena monsters.
    -Odin

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Actually, you don't NEED the celestial weapons. I certainly don't...with the exception of Nemesis. Even without Break Damage Limit...cuz my people are OVERLY strong. I mean...15 turns for Tidus BEFORE the boss moves...it's kinda...y'know...ONE SIDED. :D Not to mention my Yuna or Rikku...check out one of the other threads (Who's the strongest?) Hhehehehehe...

5. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

If you have gotten Magus Sisters or preferably; Anima, the battle is a drift. Cast Hastega on Anima and keep using Pain until he gets his Overdrive. In first he does 2.000 damage per punch (?), but with some training he'll do 30.000 damage per punch. Mine does.

6. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

if u got tidus caladblog with blitz ace overdrive u will win easy

and let yuna's overdrive full and grand summon magus sister or anima same as kenshin says:D

7. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

always make sure your overdrives are full when you go into a new area where you think there's a boss fight, or build them up when you've died to be ready the next time.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hmmm, Anima only does multi-hit overdrives in the PAL/Japanese release. Us Amerikanners got the stupid, "unchallenging" version. That really REALLY SUCKS. I mean, seriously, I WANT Dark Aeons, I WANT Ribbon as a weapon ability, I WANT to have an aeon more powerful than Bahamut that DOESN'T require me to be lucky (The Magus Sisters)...that sucks. :(

Oh, yeah, I restate...Anima only does his overdrive that hits multiple times in the PAL/Japanese release. Here, we get a whole bunch of punches and one hit damage. :( The only advantage that he has over Bahamut, is that Pain has a tendency to cast "death"... but that's negated by a really high recovery.

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

They're either in the farplane, or near Seymour's house. Try going inside there...or if you just got into Guanosalami (hehehahahaha!!!!) they're just wandering about, so go and move around to find 'em. I always find big blue exiting or near the shop...and Lulu should be on that same floor, I believe, looking towards the center of town.

The Farplane should be on the upper right corner of the map. It looks like a long hall.

10. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

u mean in ntsc thier is no multi-hit in anima overdrive and thier is no abilty call ribbon

11. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Hmm..NTSC sucks. (^-^) Anima Ownz It in the PAL versions. BANGBANGBANG 30.000 damage per hit! That's what you call power. BANGBAANGPOwbangbreak......ouch...

12. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

anima love pal :D

anima in ntsc does only damge one time (bang only:rolleyes: )

i am suprised that a game in pal better than ntsc:cool:

13. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

PAL comes out later, or is created later, so they have the chance to fix things that should have been in the NTSC. It's like NTSC is the Beta Version of a game.

14. Spawn

Spawn New Member

but thats it, I dont think I'm strong enough, i really cud do with yuna's ceestrial weapon so that my aeons can hit over 9,999 HP. and when sin hits u, u dont get another chance, He gives a 1 hit kill! and all ive bin doin is goin round and powerin up, tryin to get stronger.

I have Yunas Niravan, but i dont thnk that i have all the pieces.

15. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

ahhhh

:glazed:
    i havent reached sin....
    boohoohooo
    my sisters first game, she got stuck stuck @ defender X bcuz she was dumb and right before the lvl 2 spells she--
    turned around and went the other way.
    so i had to train her after the fact, and i beat it w/ yuna, tidus, and auron(the coolest character ever. period. other than lulu.)
    now shes close to zanarkand, but she cant beat the whole lance of atrophy/full life combo cuz shes too lazy to go buy holy waters.
    she doesnt even have hastega.
    yet.
    pathetic.
    but in her newest game, she beat the luca goers!
    wow!
    i cant play for crap!
    well, now, after being off subject.......
    sorry....

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The Nirvana only gains strength after getting the Moon Sigil and Crest. You'd have to unleash its power in that crystal forest kinda thing. And Yuna only unleashes Valefor's Break Damage Limit with her weapon.

Wakka's World Champion does Ifrit.

Lulu's Onion Knight does Shiva's.

Khimari's Spirit Lance does the Ixion Aeon's.

Auron's Masamune releases Yojimbo.

Rikku doesn't get one because she's Al Bhed, and it seems that Tidus doesn't get one because Bahamut already comes broken. ;)

17. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

That is correct Izzy, and here is a reminder on how to get the Moon Crest and Sigil:

Moon Crest - Besaid Island - Beach

Moon Sigil - Defeat all of Belgemine's Aeons at the Remiem Temple in the Calm Lands. You need all aeons to do this.

If you need any more help check here

18. Spawn

Spawn New Member

cool thanks that shud help me loads. thanks guys (and gels [ if there were n e in the convo] )

19. Spawn

Spawn New Member

ok, one hell of a big uh oh!

wanting to defeat sin may not b as easy as it is now.
    on my way to get the sigil for yuna's celestrial weapon I tried to get to remine temple and the next thing i know some bloke all dressed up shouts " infidel!" at me, then i knew i was in trouble. . . . . dark, f**k off,huge mother of a F****** Valefor came swooping at me.

one word ladies and gentlemen . . . . . . "bugger"

does this mean that i wont b able to get the moon sigil without killin' Dark Valefore? ? ? ? ? ? if so then i have no hope in hell of beating the game.

help . . . . . .please?