Square Enix how the hell do i do that?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Spawn, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Damn you for getting PAL. I have hate for you now, y'know. Just kidding, but I am might jealous.

To be perfectly honest, Valefor's not even that great of an aeon. You don't actually need them for anything but shields, in case any of the bosses (like Sin) have a super-powered attack that can annihilate your party.

As for weapons, go for Tidus' instead. It's much easier. Well, it takes time too...but it's easier than getting Yuna's at this point. To get the Caladbolg, you have to go to that one Chocobo Racing place. Complete the tests and beat the Trainer at the last event. This opens up that guarded path to the north and you can use the Mirror to get the weapon. Now, to get the Sigil, you'll have to beat the last test at a time of -0'0"0' seconds. Meaning, you need something in the negatives. We talked about this in this thread, or some other thread. His crest is where you defeated Lady Yunalesca. Keep going up and down the stairs until you find it. He has the most effective weapon, anyway. Just get that.

And to beat Dark Aeons...well...I'm pretty sure you'll want to be maxed out in all your stats before trying to tangle with them. That means...massive amounts of training. Use the tonberry trick. So, anyway, when you fight him....just....well...make sure that you have turns to spare. Meaning, hastega yourself and make sure that Yuna has a turn BEFORE the dark aeon's so that she could summon up an aeon to take the damage instead of the party. I have an inkling feeling that Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Auto-Shell armor would come in very much handy. Too bad you can't online trade weapons...I'd give you mine. I have one with all four abilities for everyone except Khimari. :sweat2:

Edit: Except for Tidus. He can't be hasted, his speed is at 255. I just replaced Auto-Haste with...Auto-Med (or whatever it's called to use stat-medicine). Although he DOES have that shield that does have auto-haste.

2. Spawn

Spawn New Member

whats soo special about the PAL?

yea the dark aeons are a bugger to kill, or sometimes even bloody hit!

i almost did the chocobo race without even knowin what wud happen if i beat it and got 0'00.1' i missed the 0'00'0 by 100th of a sec. was not pleased when i found out that i wud get somethin for my weapon

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Spawn, I posted what the difference was in the NTSC and PAL versions of the game somewhere up top. Might as well make a quick rundown though:

1. PAL has Dark Aeons. NTSC doesn't.
    2. PAL has an ability called Ribbon. NTSC doesn't.
    3. PAL has Anima doing a multi-hit overdrive (strongest in the game). NTSC's does one hit damage, even though Anima clearly does about 20 strikes.
    4. PAL has two different Sphere Grids. NTSC has one.
    5. PAL has the option of starting everyone in the middle of the grid. NTSC doesn't.

Anyway, you can't have a total time of 0'0"0' and get the Sigil. You need something less. Granted, it'll still show up as 0'0"0', but it's true. I got that score once and I didn't get the Sigil, so I did it again, and got it the next time, perhaps because when I tallied, I had about -3 seconds. Hehe. So, even if you come up with -0'0"1' you come up with the Sigil.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I have one version. The NTSC version. I know of the differences because I was actually researching the difference. Why? Well, because sometimes I hear PAL gets less...and a lot of times, more than NTSC does. So...I just wanted to know. I believe there's a separate little log of the differences in gameFAQs, to be honest with you.

There's two sphere grids because one grid is the original. The other is a modified grid that's pretty much more circular in design, to keep with the word "sphere grid". The new one is actually a worse one, supposedly, since it has less blank spheres than the old one. I haven't actually seen the revamped grid, but I've read three to four confirmations on it already.

And there is NO way to fight them in NTSC. If there was, I'd probably have run into them (and beat them) by now. But, no, there isn't. If there's a way, I'd probably jump on it so I could have a chance of fighting them.

5. Spawn

Spawn New Member

wudnt b too sure bout that 1 izzy, the ark aeons take of 999hp per hit an thats just a normal attack, nothin special.

e.g. valefor, the attack he uses with his claws, knocks of 999hp. no tellin what he'll take of with an overdrive.

6. Spawn

Spawn New Member

a mistake i just found on my previous post, the dark aeons take off 9999hp per standar hit!

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_dark_aeons.txt

Since you keep asking, then I just went directly to the source. That little txt file is from GameFAQS. First, it says that the first two Dark Aeons are pretty easy. But, you'd have to have Celestial Weapons to stand a better chance. For example, taking out Dark Valefor can be done with a single Perfect Attack Reel if Wakka had World Champion. And besides, you can just go up the mountain and fight a whole bunch of those robot things to get mega-phoenix's or go to Sanubia and bribe those little birds to get 'em to get auto-phoenix.

In any case, ANY aeon can do 9999 damage. Quite easily, actually. I don't see how Valefor would be entirely useful. *shrugs* But if you insist, then you'd have to get past Dark Valefor, anyhow.

Personally, I'd think that the PAL Anima would take more away from the Dark Aeons than any of the others.

Oh, in any case, the guide also states that maxing out stats is a good way to protect yourself. It seems as if you are having trouble with D. Valefor, then you're not built up enough at all. If you don't have Quick Hit, get it.

8. Spawn

Spawn New Member

i hav quick hit, but i must admit i cud really do with boosting my self up. . . . alot!
    i just find it really tidius, just going round fighting and it seems to take ages now to get to the next sphere level, i am actually considering restarting the whole game agen

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*sigh* You don't need to.

Here, try this. Get a weapon equipped with Overdrive -> AP. Try to equip this weapon so that everyone in the party has one. ALso try to put Double/Triple Overdrive and Double/Triple AP on it. Trust me, you'll see why.

Next, make sure at least two people in your party other than Tidus has Auto-Phoenix. One will do, but if you're lazy, then have both of them have the ability.

Third, go to the overdrive screen and set Tidus to Stoic while the others have Comrade.

Next, go to either the Cave of the Hidden Fayth (where you get Yojimbo) or to the Omega Ruins. Make it easy on yourself and capture a tonberry from either place.

Either fight it there, or fight it in the Monster Arena. Now, just get Tidus (and Tidus ONLY) to attack the Tonberry. This should prompt it to do Karma. Karma should kill you, but you'll be revived by either yourself or the auto-ability. Kill him before he gets too close, or just run away after he takes his third step.

After one of these battles, you'll probably end up gaining somewhere around 20 levels. If you have triple overdrive, and triple ap, like Izzy does, you'll seriously gain around 60. Hehehe...

Caution though, you won't gain any overdrive points, just AP, since Overdrive->AP puts all those points into your AP total at the end of the fight.

If you need more spheres, fight and beat species creations in the arena. They drop stat spheres (like evade spheres and magic spheres). If you need key spheres, then go fight inside the Omega Ruins. If you need normal spheres (that just enable other spheres), then fight one of the area creations called Kottos. Use a sphere distiller on it, and he should drop around 40 of whatever kind of basic sphere you need.

See, you don't need to restart. You just need to know how to gain levels. :D

10. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Lets just get this clear: I have PAL, and it's not possible to fight Dark Aeons in the NTSC Version...They weren't created in that version.
    Second: Dark aeons may do about 99.999 damage....Magus Sisters and Anima do 999.999 damage...and they strike three times. There are 2 ways to beat them...One is to keep summoning Yojimbo with Yuna (Because she has high speed, so she have one turn before the Dark Aeons), and hope for a Zanmato (which will finish off the Aeon).
    The other way is to have auto-phoenix and have totally maxed Chars (like Izzy says he has). Then you might beat them the normal way.

And for Spawn: You don't need to go to the Besaid temple....Remiem Temple lies in Calm Lands......And the beach is by the dock in besaid. Altough, you need to beat Dark Valefor to get the Mars Sigil (well.....i'm not sure, but the Sigil for Wakka's World Champion).

11. Spawn

Spawn New Member

ok fair point but i cant get into the temple, the door is blockd by some force field, do i have to do that stupid chocobo race ? thats what ive bin told.

p.s isnt izzy a gal ?

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

*sigh* This is the second time I get that response! Dammit!!! Boku wa otoko desu! O-TO-KO!

Yeah, if you want to unlock ANY of the Celestial Weapons, you HAVE to have won at least one of the Remiem Temple's Chocobo races. If you don't, then you wouldn't be able to even SEE the weapons. You also need to return to that crystal forest and get that kid back to his parents and everything, so you can talk to that big...flower thing. That's the place you go to unlock the weapons. Just having them in your inventory does absolutely nothing.

PS: I'm a guy, and I don't see exactly HOW you would confuse me for a girl...

13. Spawn

Spawn New Member

yea i got the weapons.

soz izzy, i guess it was just the name, what nationality r ya ?

14. Spawn

Spawn New Member

THIS SITE IS AMAZIN'!!!!!

www.ffinsider.net

this site is absolutly brilliant, every thin u cud emagin on all the ff series, if n e 1 has fond a site betta tell me

15. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

16. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Its easy. Just get yojimbo to his overdrive, and give him alot of money. it will kill sin instantly.

17. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Is that all you got? HAH! My Bahamut can do 99,999 damage per punch :anime:

With some training on the Dome i was able to give yuna 60+ Strength and LOTS, LOTS of HP.

Her stats are automatically transfered to her Aeons. So the stronger Yuna gets, the stronger her Aeons.

My favorite is Bahamut ^^. At current state I could defeat Yunalesca in only three rounds. At the last one, I made bahamut hit her with "attack".
    99,999 damage BWA HAHAHAHAHAH. (Yes, I'm evil B-) )

Now the REAL boss was the Earth Eater. Had to use "life" spell about 70 times :p. It began to get boring.

Well, with the "one MP cost" equipped weapons, it's easy :p And no, i DON'T mean the celestial weapons. I mean CUSTOMIZED weapons. Collecting fiends becomes useful! Gives you tons of customizing tools! ^_^

After I defeated the beast I could get Auron a deathproof/zombieproof bracer! Yay!

Just train Yuna HARD and use Bahamut when the time comes. And oh yes, with the 1MP you can use TONS of "demi" and "holy" spells for 9,999 damage! :D

So, IMHO, go to the dome and do some training.