Debate Invisible or Invincible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nakoruru, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

Which would you rather be?
    Invisible, no one can see you, good for guys, but you can get shot if someone shoots in you direction randomly.

Invincible, can't die, but you can get your head cut off and still live, or just trapped in a large dome and left there forever.

I was thinking of this during PE, bored I guess...

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

All depends on the objective you want to achieve. Additionally, can said powers be deactivated? Being invisible forever wouldnt be too pleasant, although you could always die in an amusing place like a mall fountain and stink up the place.:p

Additionally, immortality would be fun up until you started getting old and senile. Then it would truly be hell.

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

What kind of invincibility are we talking about? Do you mean, that nothing can hurt us? (cuz then that means our heads can't get chopped off) Or that we just live forever no matter what? (that would be immortality)

Invisibility can be useful, but you'd still need to build up other skills to make it worthwhile. For example, when no one can see you, you can sneak into places to steal things. You'd still need skills with opening locks, moving quietly, being able to defend yourself or escape if you do get noticed, and of course, not having any guilt. Otherwise, being invisible is only good for novelty effects, like pulling pranks or peaking at naked people (those would eventually get boring anyway).

Invincibility is probably better, since not getting hurt is a great thing. But if that makes you unable to have your skin pierced, then you'll never be able to take injections. Although you won't need them since you'll be immune to diseases, what if you had to donate blood, or bone marrow? It would suck if someone you really really loved needed a bone marrow transplant, and you were the only one who could do it, but you couldn't cuz they can't stick the needle into you! And what about hair and fingernails? They're "dead" cells, so would being invincible keep them "living"? That would be freaky! Imagine what living hair looked like! :eek: Maybe it wouldn't even grow, or maybe it'll keep growing, but you can never cut it. (Damn! Your hair would eventually weigh more than your body!) And yeah, if you do get stuck in like wet cement or a deep hole that you'd never get out of, you'd be stuck there forever!

So overall, I think either power is good as long as you can turn em off and on.

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Either I'm too perverted for my own good, or you don't look at enough naked people/like the human body enough to begin with.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Uh, yes, you can touch things while invisible...

6. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

OK to clarify a few things up.
    You can't pick both.
    Invincible, you can't die, you never feel pain. That's all. You can still cut your hair!

Invisible, not be seen, can still be touched, or touch other things, can be heard, but as it is, not seen.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Well they both seem like curses to me. If I was invisible, I wouldnt be seen.

However, as far as your definitioin of invincibility goes...

See, pain is a useful thing. Imagine if we had our hands in boiling water and didn't take our hands out because we couldn't feel pain. Furthermore, due to the immortality you'd be spending several billions of years doing NOTHING because you're an old man floating around in space (as the sun will eventually explode, Earth will be destroyed, but YOU wont.)

If I had to pick one of those two, it'd be invisibility so I could at least die.

8. Osaka

Osaka New Member

Well it would be sort of sad, watching all your Children and grandchildren die off while you don't.

If it was me, I'd feel bad.
    :(

Invisible, then.

Although I agree with Neph. Both seem to be a curse....

9. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

In picking invincibility though, I thought that meant that you could not get hurt, which is different from "not feeling pain." Cuz if you couldn't get hurt, then you'd be pretty much a superhero. You could just mug & rob people all day without getting tired, and that right there could earn you a living! Police come and open fire, all for nothing! Although you wouldn't have super-strength, you'd have super-defense which is the next closest thing.

And yeah, when you think about it, peeking at naked people probably would get boring in the long run, cuz it only gives you so much pleasure. (eventually you'll either want something more, or get bored of it for at least some time). Besides, it would be quite a hassle finding attractive women, and then having to stalk them, all while being as careful as hell in not getting caught. And what if their naked body isn't as great as you thought it would be? Lots of people look way better with clothes on (including lingerie). And spying is pretty perverted anyway. But if you're gonna do it, don't get caught!

Osaka, that's a good point. If you've seen the tv series or movie called Highlander, he's had to put up with "family" too. If you're gonna be immortal, you pretty much live secretly, don't start a family, don't fall in love with anyone (cuz they'll die and you'll be sad).

Anyway, Nakoruru, you still need to be more specific! Cuz it seems like you have immortality and invincibility a lil mixed up. So is the invincibility we're talking about mean that it ONLY keeps you from feeling pain, or does it make you actually indestructible? (so that you can get struck by lightning, rammed by a bus, drink poison, and take naps on train tracks and still stay in one piece) And as time passes, do you age and get wrinkled, or stay young-looking?

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

She said that you can never die, even if you get your head cut off, and you can't feel pain, remember?

11. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I know. But that's not being invincible as the way I see it. Her way says that an invincible person will still bleed when cut, and yeah, if you can't feel the pain, you might not even notice that you got hurt.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Yeah, but it's her thread ultimately. She defines the terms, so we have to play by her rules.

13. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol This reminded me of an episode of Sonic :p Anyway, I would choose invisibility for many uses. Cheating is one of them~!
    <-- always thinking about exams :dizzy:

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I would choose invisibility only if I was able to switch between being visible and invisible. If I can't, then forget it. I can't imagine living my whole life not knowing what I look like.

15. Osaka

Osaka New Member

So in a way.... your like a god.

Fun stuff.

On the other hand though, being invincible might not be too bad, if you have other "Immortal" people with you.

It'd be better atleast.

But, if your invisible, even if there are more invisible people, you wouldn't know it.

:p

16. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I would be invincible. Gotta love the ability to get away with anything and dominate anybody.

hehe this is my 500th post.

17. UncommonCalibur

UncommonCalibur New Member

Invisability all the way. As long as its like a suit kind of like the stealt camo that solid snake wears. You can dominate entire bases and is way more effective than say...a cardboard box :sweat: .

Besides, its insanely fun to get the stealth suit in Halo and sneak into the enemy base, stick grenades to their heads and steal their flag.

In short, invincability is the unltimate in combat, but being able to go covert and pistol whip the red team is way more fun!!