Debate Invisible or Invincible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nakoruru, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I go for invinciblity.... Say if the whole world were to explode...you wouldnt be harmed. you could just travel the endless place is search for another planet. Meet aliens or something.....thatll be cool

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I'd go with invincibility, but I probably wouldn't really use it. I see no need to. I'd just rather not die than be invisible. Either way, you're going to lose good friends. Invincible, you'd lose people to death, while invisible, you'd lose them to mistrust and negligence.

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Is this really a valid debate?

This belongs in the ****ing misc section.

4. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Invisible is good if your shy....Invincible means you could do pretty much anything without fear of reprisal. Both have there advantages, I guess.

5. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Actually according to Nakoruru and Nephilim_X, you would still be "harmed." You'd get blown up as well, but all your scattered lil pieces would still be alive, cuz "you can't die," like she said. That would be pretty twisted! Imagine "living" as a thousand lil pieces of charred flesh scattered across the land for the rest of eternity......

6. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

How can body peices be living........it just doesnt make sense. At least in my case. But thats just me.

7. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I know it sounds weird, but that's what Nakoruru and Nephilim stressed...that your body could get damaged while you'd still be alive! I don't really like their definition of being invincible. You and I have the same definition though--where we can't get damaged at all.

8. Charlie

Charlie Guest

My definition of invincible is that your body CAN'T get damaged....

9. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I need to agree with Neph about both being somewhat of a curse.

Invisability would be great for a short time, but eventually you would go insane or just palin mad from the whole ordeal.

Invincability would also be great at first, but in the long run--losing everything and everyone you care about just doesn't sound like something that makes me want to choose it so quickly.

By the way---Invincable and Immortal mean pretty much the same thing---you may feel some pain, but you can not die and your body will basically regenerate whenever damaged: Much like Wolverine from X-Men.

Victor

10. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'd go for Invincible. I just like to think of that a way of knowing that i will live long enough to see old age and see what happens to the world while i'm still around.

I disagree with people saying that if your invincible then that make you immortal as well. I think that if your invincible you don't have to worry about walking out in front of a bus. But i think that you can still die of old age. There will still come the time when you body and mind (that is your mind more then your body) will eventually turn off.

11. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, Kain has the right idea. Some people don't know the difference between immortality and invincibility. Think of creatures that can live for thousands of years, yet can be killed by some specific weakness. That doesn't make them invincible.

I'd love to walk in front of bus and not get hurt (gotta do it on a nuts day, when I feel like shocking a bus-load of people).

As for being invisible, I thought of something... how are your friends gonna react? Well, your existing friends might still be friends with you, but wouldn't everyone else lose trust in you? Plus, most people wouldn't even believe you exist unless you gave em a hug or something (and then again, they might think they're hallucinating or being haunted by a ghost, so you gotta do it over and over again). And can you get a job while being invisible? Maybe if you put on face paint and wore full-length clothes, people would treat you more like a person, but still yet, you'd freak out the average customer! Maybe you gotta take on a job that doesn't involve seeing people face-to-face. But then again, what if you fall in love with someone over the phone or email, and the person wants to meet you? You'll have some wicked explaining to do first. ("By the way, I'm invisible!") Speaking of meeting strange people, my friend told me about how he knew a guy in Europe who met a nice girl, a goth girl, but really pretty and nice. Then one day after much dating, she told him she had something to confess, and she was dead serious, that she wasn't human, and that she was a Level 5 Necromancer, and that... He basically left her after that!

12. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I think I'd like to be invisible. They both ofcourse have their weaknesses, Invisibility has that your friends or anyone you like wouldn't see you. Invincibility has the thing that you couldn't really like anyone in that way, since youd know, that they'd die before you, since you couldn't die at all. The death of your friends, and family would cause perhaps even eternal sorrow.The sorrow would probably cause you to become a loner, since you wouldn't want to feel that feeling that everyone you know will eventually die, and leave you alone, so you would probably try to escape that in any way you can.

13. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

just a small point - if you were invisible, do you mean only your skin's invisible, or your clothes as well? I don't know about you, but if being invisible means running around starkers then it's invincibility for me! :p

14. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

It includes your clothes, Spiggy ;)

I'd have to go with invisibility, simply because invincibility seems nothing more then a curse. As someone earlier on this thread said (much too lazy to look up who), pain is a good thing. If you're bleeding excessively, yet you can't feel it, then how are you going to patch yourself up before you lose enough blood to kill you?

Though that isn't really a valid argument, seeing as you'd probably notice if pools of red started mysteriously appearing on your clothing, not to mention that, with invincibility, are you able to eventually die? Or does invincibility only keep you from feeling pain and being destroyed, but you eventually complete the normal human cycle and die?

They both seem like curses to me, for with invisibility then you'd have the added burden of not being seen by your friends, family, not to mention co-workers, teachers, etc. The majority of people probably aren't likely to believe in your existence, except those close to you, and it'd be rather difficult to have a conversation or spend time with somebody you can't see, since it would look more like they're talking to themself then anything.

In short, I think we need a few more details on your exact definitions to invincibility and invisibility. If you could switch the invisibility off and on, then I'd definitely say invisibility. If not, I'd probably still choose it, unless I found out that invincibility couldn't render you from death, only from destruction (if that makes sense).

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

in my opinion, if something cut you to make you bleed in the first place, you may wanna check yourself in the mirror, cause you sure ain't invincible.

16. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

You have a point there....

I'd still choose invisible, though.

17. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

You'd like watching the movie Zardoz with Sean Connery. Very weird movie. About people who were immortal but craved mortality. I liked that movie a lot, because it involved some kinda orwellian world (Zardoz = wiZARD of OZ).

Now what would I choose? I'd choose invincibility. In a city filled by people who kidnap and ask for wealthy payments... well yeah why not being a bad@ss Punisher? And you can't die. :cool: