Debate Is Mankind God??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaMeKaZi, Mar 3, 2006.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

God is supose to be the Creator of all..

So Did God creat man in his own image or did Man creat God in his own image..???

If you look at the human race what have we done.. We have Build structural wonders, Created Medicines.. Learned to read and write. Created flying machines, Submurines... ect. And Now we can Clone life..

Some say we are playing god.. But who is to say we are not god..

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Very good point. We have created ourselves from nothing, built from our own intelligence. If we sat around thinking that theres a god some where about to tell us what to do we wouldn't have anything. I really think we are gods, but in real-life we are..afterlife we're screwed

1 person likes this.
  3. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

No,no,no!!! We are not gods! We were only able to create these things through his hands! He provides us with the stuff we need,and then we build it. And it is wrong to think that we are! God created us for a purpose,and it wasn't for us to think we are gods! God controls everything,and he can take any of these things from us! He could just decide to wipe us out and poof,were gone. He puts ideas in are heads,and then tells us to do it! So no,we are not gods!

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Can you prove what you just said...

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

exactly, the only proof we have are books that "human kind" wrote themselves or old legends. Not that we're on the debate "is there a god?" but personally I think we did it ALL ourselves and we deserve credit. And that makes us gods.

6. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Have you ever read the bible? Do have any proof to prove it is wrong?

If you read the bible,than this thread woudn't be here right now!!!!!!!!!

7. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

the bible was man made. No offense christians, but far as im concerned i don't believe it. speaking of man made..if it is man made..doesn't that make them sorta like a god for making a image of a god, even if it isnt real?

8. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I Asked,have You Read The Bible!!!!

9. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

yes I have, grew up in a stupid christian family untill my dad died. Answer your question?

p.s. sorry if this is spammy, he asked a "question" so i "answered" it :p

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Don't need to read the bible, When all i want you to do is Explain to me. How That in a wink of an eye god can take everything we built away. Where in history has this happened.

And I don't want to hear stuff like natural disasters wiping out a mass about of people.. Most of which are good but yet he leaves killers alive..

I am not saying that there is No higher power.. THe universe is infinite with infinite of posibilities so it is possible but it is also Posible that we are our own gods..

11. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Read the bible,you will answer your own question.

12. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

amen. LOL all we are trying to explain is..

our whole lives we work on our own. Mabye when we are in teens (like me) and mabye when we get out on our own. People pray to god that they need help to do those things..but may I ask did he really? It's our minds and our creations not god. And also I can argue with the fact that god gave us those minds and bodies, but its ourselves that use them. Not him, our choices and our intelligence (yet again). If god was controlling us all, WOULD there be serial killers? would there? So technically humans run the world.. THE point im trying to make yet again is that we are the gods while we are living and afterwards I have no idea. Untill then, I stand beside my opinion as does the guys below me that we are, are own gods.

ps. HOW many times have i said this already..the bible is MAN MADE

13. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

He's not controlling us. He gave us free will to obey or disobey his instuction manaul,written by god through the hand of man. Also known as the bible or, Basic Instructions before leaving earth. Ever since man has walked the earth,he has chosen to disobey God. Such there is your sereial killers.

14. Fushigi Rockna

Can't exactly give a good answer at this moment... (being shooed off the comp...) however I will say this...

Go read Stranger in a Strange Land.

Thou art God, brother.

(don't worry, I'll give a better post later tonight, but I did want to say that, and I'll explain why later i suppose XD)

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

As far as I'm concerned, there is no god. Mankind shapes his own destiny, whether good or no, and that's all there is.

God is a fiction created by the people to explain that which they don't understand, and continue to believe in through their own will to survive. People believe in God and in Heaven and Hell because they want to feel as if there's something after their life ends, that they can live on after their body dies.

As far as "God" is concerned, that's more or less what I believe. I don't think there's much point arguing this as it's a matter of personal opinion and there's no concrete evidence for either side.

Samurai Me, I've read some of the bible, but enlighten me as to the "great sections of it" that explain everything.

Keep in mind it's not the holy grail of religion and it's not perfect- The bible was written by man, not by your god.

16. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Hey,some parts are just history that modern archeology keeps proving true,some such as the proverbs are plain common sense wisdom,and through out it all it shows us gods love and plans for mans redemption despite our continuing willful misuse of our free will!

PS:If you guys are right and I am wrong,then I lose nothing when I die,however,if I am correct,you lose everything when you die.

Ps:Im done with this thread.

17. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I don't believe that humans can be called "God" since we can't warp the universe to our every whim, but I think that humans did create the image of God. Something I find funny is that we have so many people that believe that everything in a certain religion is true, but how can they prove that when there are tons of other religions with people that each believe theirs is true.

PS: We all loose when we die.

Ps: No you're not.

18. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

God...

Even though I believe in god, I happen to wonder some of the times. If and I say 'IF' god did create us, who created god? This is one of the many questions that have gone through my head for many years now. No one can answer this. It is a question you will have to just find the answer to when you die. I have heard things about when you die, you are in some fog place or something and god speaks to you. What I am saying here is based on pure fact here. There have been people that have die and came back to life in the morgor with their parents crying for them. The times that this has happen have been the same, same story, same out come. If you want to believe in what I said, you can or you don't have to. The point is, believe what you want and if you want to believe in something else, then change it. There is no right or wrong answer, no matter how long you talk about it. If you think you are a god, that's your own thoughts and everyone's thoughts on things are different, always. Did god create us or did we create god? We may never know.

19. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Okay, reading this thread, I do have few things to say.

1. I'm a Christian, I don't deny it and I don't hide it. I believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, the whole kit and caboodle. My views on whether or not mankind controls his own destiny are, at best, hazy. I believe God sets out a destiny for us all, but we have the choice to choose to follow this road or another. Makes sense right? Most Christians would say something different but this my view. There are a lot of things I believe but the Bible says I should not. Anyways, in the Bible it says when God created the world, he went from the beginning to the end and came back again. So, most would say this conversation was supposed to happen.

2. Is mankind God. NO! In no way, shape, form or fashoin are we a God, and here's why. A God is defined as someone with unlimited power and knowledge. ONe who can not be killed, by weapon mortal or not. A God is someone who always was, is, and will be. A God is someone who will never change. Now, take a man. Men do not have unlimited power and knowledge. Men are as easy to kill as it it so pluck a leaf from a tree. Men will not always be here. Men change, for better or worse. I see absolutely no connection between the two. It's true men have created many things, invented many things, and have accomplished so much in the time we've been on this planet, but it doesn't make them Gods.

3. Here's where science comes in. The Theory of Evolution says we came from nothing, but how is that possible? If you had nothing, nothing can come from it but if you have something, something can come from it. Someone or something had to create humans, the worlds, universes and galaxies. Why can't it be God. Surely man ddin't not create it because, as I stated before, men aren't Gods.

Those are just my views.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fushigi Rockna

Okay now to explain my post earlier...

In the book 'Stranger in a Strange Land' (written by Robert A. Heinlein, a master of science fiction, also the writer of Starship Troopers) a man named Valentine Michael Smith was raised on mars by Martians. The Martians were on a much higher plane of thinking and living than us Earthlings. Mike was eventually brougth back to Earth. After learning about Earth and figuring things out for himself (since he had been raised as a Martian, he had the abilities a Martian mind has, telekeneis, telepathy, making thing 'disappear', controlling heart rate and respiration, etc) he decided mankind did not need to be so unhappy and basically opened up something that was basiclaly a church to the outside eyes. Here people learnt the disicpline needed to perform the abilities already listed, and to be happy. (There was a lot of sex involved, for it was a 'growing closer') Anywho, basically Mike just wanted people to be happy and sadly...
    He was stoned to death and then burned by riots, although he knew this was gonna happen, and accepted it, still preaching till he died. However his 'water brothers' continued to open up branches of his church. Hmmm....sounds a little like Jesus... We also learn at the end of the book (and it wa shinted at throughout the book) that Mike was in fact the Archangel Michael

Now, why do i bring up this book? Because Mike had one thing he kept on saying:
    "Thou art God." Basically EVERYTHING (living I think) is god. You are god, I am god, that guy over there is god, the grass we are treading on is god. I'll use an example from the book Mike used to explain this:
    So, what do I feel about this?

personally, the "thou art God" thing makes sense to me quite a bit. I don't believe it full heartedly, but the idea that we are all god because we are carrying out god's thoughts makes sense to me.
    I believe God gave us the ability to create...because mankind has been able to create (life in fact) since they existed.
    I'm tlakign about birth of course. With men's help, women is able to create a living baby inside of herself. God gave us this ability, the ability to create life so that we may continue on.

(Personally tho, I tend to believe more in a 'Goddess' than a 'God'. X3 But that's not woman confidence either, it's the fact that women DO create, we are the mothers, so why wouldn't the creator of all be a mother?)