Debate Is Mankind God??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaMeKaZi, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Ok, so there are a few parts that are accurate or are close enough to accurate to say they actually are without reaching a lot. That doesn't mean everything is true, or everything is exactly as it was written. Remember- the bible was written by man, not by any God, and man is fallible. Books of the bible have been omitted and rewritten, not to mention translated. Have you read the first copy of the bible? Have you read it in it's native Hebrew language? Who's to say what might have been changed in translation, or what might have been taken out in the centuries it's been circulated.

What if, say... Islam is the "One True Religion," and not Christianity? Every day you only sin more, and every day you only dig yourself a deeper pit in hell. When you die you'd lose everything and more. I'd rather live my days being a good person, living by my own set of moral standards and following my own beliefs than being told how to live and how to behave.

Would I be damned for that? Just because "I didn't believe enough"?

An interesting thought I had at one time was... "If God exists, then he's vital to our existence, but if he doesn't exist, it matters not."

Think about my little paradoxical statement for awhile, and see what you come up with.

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Just one point i really want to make that Adds to the Fact the Bibble was writtin over and over.. Ever try something where you take about 30 people, put them in a circle.. One person starts with a short statment.. And you have to whisper it into the ear of the person next to you and pass it on.. By the time it gets back to you the statement is never the same.. Same goes for the Bible.. Not to say that what the bible is false.. but id better all the money in the world its not the same as the original..

Anyway back to the topic at hand.. Its totally possible that Mankind is a god in its own right.. As for who created US?.. how did we evolve.. ? Well the earth itself could be our god..

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I always liked the statement of "Who created God?" but then again, I'm just an *******. I think it's fairly obvious that we're not quite the envisioned God that all these religions babble inanely over, but perhaps in some retrospect we are some kind of Gods. I mean, in most mythology there was one "God of Gods" but otherwise, there were Gods that ruled over certain aspects in life, but there was little to classify them as Gods aside from them being immortal (even though they could still be killed... doesn't really make them all that immortal, eh?). But eh... I'm just babbling so that I can waste all of your guys' time, hoping that you're still reading this. HA HA, I WASTED SOME FEW ODD SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE!

4. Fushigi Rockna

Hmm about the historical facts of the bible..well if you look closely, some of these historical events are found in mythology too..

For example, look closely, practically EVERY country has a Flood myth. if there really was a flood, many different people thought of different ways to interpret it.

And Christianity took a lot of things from other mythology...

oh and about Samurai me (I forgot to bring this up) if the bible proves everything....what proof do we have that the bible is right?

I've thougth about that too. The Earth is defiantely our mother, perhaps a 'god' is our father... >>
    I wish more religions would be dedicated to our 'mother' tho. :( It's sad the state she's in.

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok this was a while back but I once listened to the radio that had this archeologist who told what he believed to be the true story of Noah's Ark..

He said he found evidence that the Black Sea once had massive flooding. think it was the black sea anyway.. And from his research he believes there were some farmers who survived the flooding by building boats big enough to put there families and Livestock on.. And from that he believes that is what could be the origin and Noah and the ark story. And its totaly possible.. So one can;t believe everything the Bible has to say.. Yes there is a lot of truth in the bible but how much so??

6. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I watched a television show with the same thing. They ended up diving down into the water and found villages still intact because soemthing with the salt peserving the wood or something. It was pretty intresting, I wish I could remember more about it though.

I think that people need something to belive in so they use stories from the past and use them as a confort factor. Why did the bible just stop being written? Are our times not signficant enough to be put in?