Television Isn't it just SO ANNOYING!?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Stardust Phox, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I was watching Looney Tunes (SUE ME..no wait, don't) and I'm sure most of you will agree with me when I ask this:

WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY THINKING SHOWING THAT TO LITTLE KIDS!?

It's plotless. They have SO much POINTLESS violence. There's cruelty. There are guns. There are drunks. There are smokers. There's competition, and jealousy, and the occasional yet sad attempt at perverseness. (Which I shoot down) AND, just today, I noticed BLATANT YAOI!! when Bugs Bunny kissed Elmer Fudd. (And now that I recall, it's NOT the first time I see it happen.)

I don't wanna go telling them to take down the cartoons, but my point is this:

If you can show little kids Looney Tunes (and maybe even the Tiny Tunes, even if they don't air anymore, methinks), then WHY CUT ANIME IF THEY'RE ONLY SHOWING THE EXACT SAME THINGS THAT THEY SHOW IN THE LOONEY TUNES!!!!?

At least anime TEACHES things. Love. The horrors of war and hate. Friendship. Partnership. Trust. Innocence. Life.

What does Looney Tunes show you? Lemme give you a brief listing:

Revenge is good if it's funny. Revenge is best if it's painful. If someone does something bad to you, or tries to shoot you, you can waltz up behind them and do mean and nasty, horrible little and big things to them. If someone's in the hospital, and the accident happened because of something being done to you, GO AHEAD and by all means hurt them MORE and then run off laughing. Drinking and smoking and using explosives are okay!

My point? Why cut anime if you show little kids the same things through these cartoons?

I repeat, I do NOT intend to have these shows taken down. I just think that the TV people should pay closer attention to what they air and what they don't air, and weigh things in a balance of fairness. If not-so-watched TV gets to be shown in its uncut glory, then why can't anime —even if WAAAY more people will watch it— be aired the same way?

…Yes, I'm done. *sigh; puff; deep breath*

Thank you. ^^;

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

heh
    Now that you say it... kids shouldnt watch those cartoons :)
    They'll all grow up and be psychos...
    On the other hand, I turned out normal.... well almost :)

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I do agree that looney toons are violent for a kids show, but my guess is that kids know that everything that looney toons do is slapstick comedy, but Anime does have some adult themes (violence, blood, nudity, etc.) so people look at anime more seriously, Although they shouldn't (for most anyways)

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

loonie tunes? yah I never got into that show when young. watche dthunder cats and stuff.

what I'd like to talk about is teletubbies (no! I wrote the name!) that show, right from the beginning gave me bad vibes. it's satanic I tell you!!!

5. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I completely agree with you there, Amen!

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Agreed, if I had kids they wouldnt be allowed to watch that :)

7. Komugi-chan

Komugi-chan New Member

i fully agree with THAT statement Seraphim.

and i think you're right about the Looney Tunes thing Stardust. but what i'm thinking is that the higher levels of Anime (ie Slayers or Jubei-chan) that have perverse themes would be cut up badly if aired on TV. i'm sure that they were as lenient as possible when cutting Pokemon and Dejimon ETc... (i've noticed afew perverted scenes etc in more receint Eps of Digimon.. they're going easier >.>;; can you say Subliminal Taito and those two weird guys in the hot tub? that was VERY horny XD *shudders* not that either one of them have the brains to know it's dirty...)

^^;; i think that cencors are getting better... and maybe eventually we'll get an ALL anime Channel... ooo.. wouldn't that be a happy thought?!

8. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Hey, well, nobody ever said Loony Tunes wasn't violent! Ever notice how even in little kid's shows, there's mostly jokes for the adults? I guess the animator's know parents end up watching the cartoons with their kids, coz I don't expect kids to know who George Clooney is. But-- n-no! The horror...ahhhh...how could you write the foul evil word I can't even bring myself to write on the clean boards of m2a? ^^ j.k I hate that- that show!

9. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

What?
    TELETUBBIES?!

10. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I agree with all of it! I still watch loony toons though!lol

:D

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

last i saw, all that stuff is in real life. you can;t really get away from it. and that stuffs in anime too. i personally think it's pointless to try and shelter kids from it, what when they're parents are porlly beating the crap outta them for not having the dishes done or something. as long as the situations are explained that they aren't real i think it's ok to show kids. i mean, i grew up with the muppet blowing ppl up and didn't try it...i think other kids will be ok with it now too...imho

12. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

I told you the movies..er..cartoons we have today have dirty humors inside!!! That's why I prefer animes!

13. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

and anime never has dirty humour :D At least in Little Mermaid it was subliminal so it only affected our subconscious hehe

Loony Tunes really do bug me. Not the violence, it's all quite obviously fake. I disklike the lack of plot, lack of humour aside from slapstick, the incessant annoying music, and the leftover racism.

Tiny Toons are hilarious. At least they seemed that way the last time I watched them. It's been a while.

One of the telet**bies has a bottle opener on his head :p It's dipsy isn't it? fitting.

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Don't get me wrong ...

Please don't get me wrong .. I do agree 99% :p
    and 1% I disagree .. why you ask ..? Because when buggs hits elmer with a rock or with 100kg steel or whatever .. the kids (if they were too young to understand the violent) get a hell of laughter .. !
    But, still they get the wrong idea .. :bleed2:

ex. WRESTLING !!! (I know its off topic!)
    My brother(12) doesnt get enough of my other little brother(10),
    they hit each other every day !! (well .. almost :sweat2: )

Anyway .. my point is .. kids who doesnt understands violent they well have fun watching toons hit each other, while kids who understands violent they do what my brothers do !! Not knowing the results of whats gonna happen in the end .. !!

But about the drugs and drinks .. etc .. I never seen them actually take drugs or drink alcoholic drinks (if that was what you meen!).

15. Vash

Vash New Member

1) I am totally against censorship in principle because everything is subjective and if you let someone else decide what's good for you the once it's a slippery slope to fascism. Think about it. Who decides what's appropriate? I hear 'family values' and I go for my gun. In a non-literal, pacifistic way of course.

2) With that said, it's true that there are ugly things in art that aren't good for young minds. But no kid was ever ****ed up for life by a TV show. It's usually the parents that do that. Or the teachers. Or the scoutmasters. Or the priests. Respect authority like you would a rattlesnake.

3) If you really want pure evil try the 'Mr Men' books. 'Mr Messy' in particular is the worst kind of horror fiction.

16. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

Wolfwood, teletubbies are weird things with TV's on there stomach. That's about all I know, and there different colors like red, yellow, lime green, purple, I think there are more, but I'm not sure.:confused:

17. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

Those thing are scary! I hate that show!

18. Stardust Phox

*sigh*

That's my point, really.

Why censor things if you're showing them anyway?

*beams* Wow! So many responses! ^^ I feel so loved!

19. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Do you know what I have problems with: POWERPUFF GIRLS
    Yes it can be funny sometimes, but one episode I was watching with my 6 year old niece and 5 year old nephew, and theres a scene when buttercup (she's the green one for those people who hasn't seen the show before) decapitates this monsters head, Now how pleased do you think I am when my young reletive are exposed to such violence, and theres another scenes where mojo jojo's gray matter is exposed. Now that show should be censored!

And Tom and Jerry, the root of cartoon violence.

20. Stardust Phox

*nod nod* That's my point completely, Uncle_Sweetie.