Television Isn't it just SO ANNOYING!?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Stardust Phox, Jun 3, 2002.

1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I don't really have a problem with Looney Tunes. I'd hardly go out of my way to watch it, but there is the odd funny joke in there. I don't think anime should be censored, it should just be shown at the approproate time. Most anime shows are not made for children, like if you showed Love Hina or something to a kid they totaly wouldn't get it, but there's nothing in there that isn't in Family Guy or The Simpsons.
    And the Powdepuff girls? Yeah.

2. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

when I was little I don't remember what I watched. I think it's the time they are shown, plus it's the parents responsibility to make sure that they censor what their child watchs.

I watch most of those shows. like the Simpson, that show is cool, but it was clearly not ment for young children.

:D

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I really really do not agree with cencorship... I mean, it's a fascist ideal! I think that all of the violent shows, like uncut anime should be shown after hours when kids go to bed... but not cut up and mutilated(it's an infringement of free speech and freedom over all).
    If parents don't want their kids to watch these things then they shouldn't let them and make sure they watch the right things. I do admit that some stuff is rather bad or vulgar, but also people probably just want to rebel against society and put some of this stuff in to prove a point.

Well that's just my opinion and all though >.<

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

That is true.
    But I'm still not pleased with cartoon network.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i will always think it is the parents responsilbilty to not pass the job of telling their kids what is and isn't real. that has been and always will be the responsibility of the parents...if you don't want your kids to sit down and let their imagination run, no matter what way, then you shouldn't be a parent. it's harsh, but you should spend time with your kids. i assume that's why a few ppl have kids, ya know, cause they want them. or, punish them if they even attemot it...it's part of raising a kid. most ppl i know grew up on the old cartoons, but it doesn't mean they're gonna be racist jerks. hell, i didn't even notice that stuff when i was a kid...and only now notice the inuendo in bugs bunny shows...it was just a short outlet for entertainment at the time. times change, but scooby doo won't go away. now, don't tell me that isn't a stoner induced show. or the name shaggy. let's all guess what shag means in slang. thing is, kids aren't even gonna notice some stuff. my nephew watches south park with his dad. he doesn't understand it, and doesn't even pay attention, but he'll laugh when anyone else does. and my brother tells him it's not real. he's really down to earth about cartoons. and he watches them all the time. especially looney toons...

k...i'm done...censorship is just something that makes me mad...bad parenting is another...the south park movie comes to mind...except the war on canada...cause that's silly...lol

6. Vash

Vash New Member

Nicely put Bloodberry.

I'm getting pretty scared right here by how many people are so keen on censorship. Is it so long since you were a little kid that you have forgotten that you weren't a moron? Little kids have the capacity to differentiate between fantasy and reality, and when they get shaky on it that's where the grown-ups come in. You can't protect your kids from the big bad world by keeping them ignorant. You have to educate them to look out for the bad stuff.

And don't forget what I said about authority figures and rattlesnakes. Who do you want censoring what YOU watch?

7. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I don't believe in cencorship on the producers part, b/c what about everyone else who watchs the show? The fact is, is that the Parent has to let the child know what is right or wrong, good or bad, and what is real and what isn't. It is the parents responsibility not the ones who make the shows.

;)

Bloodberry and Vash, you guys both make good arguements! good points on both sides!

8. Kusanagi san

Kusanagi san New Member

You have to realize that Looney Tunes was made back in the 50's there wasn't much of an issue on censorship. I totally agree with you though.