Kenshin for Real!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by UFOtaku, May 15, 2003.

1. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I'm sure everyone has seen http://www.miburo.com by now, where tehy have a picture of the real Saitou. I researched other people of course, and found a lot of them were real people. Sadly, there was no red-haired blue-eyed Kenshin. ^_^ Ya think Kenshin is based off of Miyamoto Musashi? Battousai and teh Rurouni were both real people, just not the same I don't think, and tehy looked Japanese. What do y'all know?

2. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

Uh, there are al lot of pictures. Where can I find the one you mention?

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Kenshin is far from being Musashi Miyamoto....Musashi according to the records was a large man somewhere about 6 feet tall. his style was Nitou Ryuu which he invented himself. a master swordman he fought over 60 duels ending with him as a victor. after his 60th duel he put down his Shinken and picked up a bokken. from there on he fought only with his bokken killing several opponent with them.

Hitokiri Gensai is Kenshin real life counter part. a master swordsman he created his own style called Furanui Kenjutsu. he was a short man with long black hair. he was often mistaken for a women but was a cold calculating assassin. he worked for the Ishin Shishi as one of the four great Hitokiri. His battou jutsu stance was with his right leg out sligthly bent and his left leg bent under him resting on his knee. all in all it was a low position but very fast *i still cant do it properly...my katana has tons of scratches on it from trying....* after the coming of the Meiji Era he was killed off to protect Ishin secrets...

4. UFOtaku

Well... that just about summed it up! Not physically, though. He basically did the same thing, from a life of violence to peace (kinda, even though he still killed), and he was invincible, basically. I guess taht's why I related him. I never knew about Hitokiri Gensai, though. That's neato-frito. (I hate fritos.)

Inu, if you got to the real man, pictures, it's around there.

Rurouni Kenshin makes me sad now, I dunno why. I wrote that poem somewhere on teh boards about th Samurai's fall. It just kinda sucks for the Samurai.

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Well Kenshin isnt invincible i mean he nearly died what 5 times during the series? (*laughs* i hate fritos too)

6. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) What would you expect happen in the series though? Kenshin always made out alive in the serious, it depened on who he was fighting and how his opponent was fighting.:)

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

what also made it work was that fact that he nearly died...i mean if he won every fight without a problem who would watch it?

8. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) I would because I have nothing better to do and I'm bord, besides, I like watching Runouni Kenshin. My most favorite characters in the anime is Himura Kenshin and Saitou Hajime.;)

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

lessee the people that did exist from the anime are

Saitou Hajime
    Takusugi Shinsaku
    Katsura Kogorou
    Okubo Toshimichi
    Kawaji *i forgot his family name ><*
    Okita Soushi
    Sagara Souzou
    actually the Ishida powder that Saitou was trying to sell to Sanosuke was actually a family medicine that was made by the Hijikata family...

people that are based on real people

Himura Kenshin - Kawakami Gensai
    Sagara Sanosuke - Harada Sanosuke
    Takeda Kanryuu - Takeda Kanryuusai
    Shinomori Aoshi - Hijikata Toshizou
    Udo Jineh is not real although he was based more or less on one of the twisted members of the Shinsengumi under Serizawa Kamo.

10. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Yeah, I know that Saitou Hajime was a real person, and the Shinsen Gumi was a real orginization that actually followed the philosiphy of Aku*Soku*Zan. I don't know about the other characters, that's why I like to get that kind of information.

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

Aku*Soku*Zan is more or less there motto their actual code was not to do anything that would shame the path of a samurai. Hijikata and Kondo inforced this rule with an iron fist.

12. UFOtaku

Lol, that reminds me: I saw a doushinji of this online. It was pretty funny, I thought, anyway. ^_^ Teh pictures are hilarious.

(Saitou and Tokio are seen sitting in a room, it seems Tokio has somethign on her mind...)
    T: Saitou! I can't take it anymore! We don't do anything romantic anymore! You're a bishi!
    S: You're right. What should we do?
    T: Those three words, Saitou, that's what I long to hear!
    ("Those three words" are "I love you".)
    S: Oh, yes, everyone loves it when I say them!
    (Tokio leans closer, smiling.)
    S: (striking a pose) Aku! Soku! Zan!
    T: *grrr*

You can guess how it ends, ^_^

13. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) *laugh*, what would you expect Saitou to say to is wife? Saitou Hajime was apart of the Shinsen Gumi, those words of Aku*Soku*Zan came out of his mouth, if he said those words to me. You may call me weird, but I would find those remantic.;)

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

he actually survived to be quite old...72 if i remember correctly...he has a grandson with a webpage about him i think...

15. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Yeah, I know, that's why I enjoy learning much about a person who lived along time ago. I really enjoy reading books, especially if it's on Japanese history or historical fiction of someting Japanese.;)

16. UFOtaku

Did Tokio ever really write anything about his life?

17. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Right now I don't know, that's something you would have to ask someone else. I'm sorry.

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

not that i know of...but if i remember correctly Tokio was the daughter of the Daiymo of Aizu...

19. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) Yeah, what I couldn't understand is why would she marry someone like Saitou.;)

20. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

And it seems that taking place during the Meiji (?) period wasn't enough, they base the characters on real people. :p Oh well, makes the series even better than I thought (and I already think it's 100% great)