Kenshin or Sanosuke

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, Apr 2, 2003.

?

KENSHIN OR SANOSUKE

1. KENSHIN HIMURA (Battousai, nice guy, ect)

42 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. SANOSUKE SAGARA (Zanza, strange, ect)

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well sano's moral code is kinda like Kenshin but in a way not. he doesn't like to be a bully but he still is a fighter for hire...ah well..

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

i mean Sano sometimes jumps into fights without thinking and i'm definately not liek that...once my friend was pretty drunk and she wasn't having a good time and she started to swing at me...i couldn't block her because that would mean letting go of her and she would fall to teh ground...and i definately would never hit ehr in my life...so i took her shots and brought her home adn her parents apologized...and i went home and went to my room to treat the bruises...so as you can see in many ways i am like Sano but i'm not at the same time...i dunno...i jsut think of myself as more liek Kenshin than Sano...

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I don't really have a favorite. As far as my fighting, I'm actually alot like Kenshin since I focus more on speed, whereas Sano depends more on power.

As far as philosophy, I dunno, really. I mean, very few times have I really really gotten mad at someone, but when I did, nothign stood between me and my revenge. I'm ashamed I did that, buit I did, and Sano is more of the dive in head first person.

But really, I have ALOT of morals that Kenshin does. Loyalty is priceless, and giving up is not really an option (though that is Sano), also, when it comes to people hurting innocent people or people who can;t fight back, especially kids, oh, yeah... that about does it. I'd fight harder if I was protecting someone other than myself, because I can't let anyoe down if they're depending on me.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sagara Sanosuke wins out in my book. He's always been my favorite Ruroken character of them all.

Why? Because of his flaws. That's what makes him entertaining and believable.

Kenshin almost reminds me of some souped up indestructable character at times - and his determination and skill make him seem unbeatable. Before you argue and start throwing out fight examples, Hitokiri_Gensai, let me reinforce the seem in that sentence. There's no denying he is human in the end, but Kenshin seems almost too perfect at times - and pacifism gets boring after time.

Sanosuke, on the other hand, seems so down to earth. He makes mistakes left and right, he's heavily into debt, and while he won't come out straight with his emotions on most occassions, you get enough sense of them to sort out his character. And no one can tell him what to do with his badass attitude.

****MINOR SPOILER****
    When he gets beaten to a pulp by Saitoh, the former shinsengumi captain gives him pointers - more or less telling him to work on his defense. But what does Sano work on until their next encounter? His offense, naturally! :p What's really amazing in this little story is how his persistence works out and earns him Saitoh's respect - and vaguely enough, the two have surprising similarities when it comes to comparing their show of emotion.
    ****END SPOILER****

That, and Sano makes for better humour scenes.

5. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I like both but I had to go with Kenshin cause I lean towards him a little bit more. But I still like both cause one's cute and funny and so it the other ^_^

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

well, i think that sanoske is better cuz, well he's cool

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Sano is quite kewl...he mastered the Futae No Kiwami in a week...a technique that took Anji a month to learn...hes basicly the humor aspect...specially when everyone is talking bout him being dense ^_^x;;;

8. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

hes there for good humor but then again so is Kenshin...hes always getting beat up by Kaoru which is so weird and jsut wrong...:mad:

9. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

large royalblue century I agree w/ Yamigirl. he's hot ,sweet, ect. I also choose him because of how good he is w/ the two little girls. 1 more reason (tell me if u agree,please) he's always there for everyone. I hope Mrs.Karooe and him hit it off

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

those two little girls are named Ayame and Suzume...

*Spoiler*

Kaoru and Kenshin do hit it off in fact they have a child

*Spoiler End*

11. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

thanks for answering, that's so awsome they have a kid.:D yayyyyy I was hoping that would happen I can't wait to see that episode!!!!!!:p aha ( Yugi's laugh)

12. *Sasami*

*Sasami* New Member

this is a great question it gets people thinking......Well..........lets see........ I would have to say Sanosuke i dont really know why since Kenshin is a much better fighter than he is but i guess i like him better in personality than in fighting

13. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

sanosuke!
    SAN-O-SUKE.
    WHY ISNT HE WINNING?
    well, he should be.

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Stay on topic, please...

*shoots a glare in two particular users' direction*

Sorry, but I don't think many members appreciate the thread turning into a two-way chat log. If you must go off into tangental discussions we have PMs or Chat.

Thanks,
    -BMS

15. UFOtaku

No opinion, as usual. ^_^ I'll vote for Sano, since he seems to be losing.

16. animemaster

animemaster New Member

i would hav to say kenshin!!

17. Sahoko

Sahoko New Member

Sanosuke, hands down!!
    I am sooooo obsessed with him!!!!
    My friends go
    "OOOOh, Look there's your boyfriend!" and point and laugh at the tv and me. Probably because I sit so darn close to the tv when he's on...
    Anyway, I picked Sanosuke.

Heck, I'd probbly hug anybody who even looked like him or had a similar name...
    o_O

Obsess much?????

:D

Seishinseii Itsudemo,
    ~*~Taryn-Chan~*~

18. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Dude sorry to say but kenshin beat him before so hed probably beat him again.

19. Sanosuke

Sanosuke New Member

And to prove it, I got the screenshot of me getting the point from Saitou!

[​IMG]

This should say it for all, shows that even my mind can be shaped by a mere whipping. :)

On another note, I leave for Tokyo, Japan on July 9th, 2003 until September 10, 2003. Anyone from here want me to find out anything for them? Give me a holler in PM's :D Will have my digital video camera with me so I can document some hints of Rurouni Kenshin. *grin*

Sanosuke!
    Japan - July 2003

20. UFOtaku

Wow! That's so cool! *Wishes she could go to Japan*

Ofcourse, Kenshin never really got pointers from anyone... except Hiko, ofcourse.