kenshin

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by inuyasha&kagome, Feb 21, 2003.

?

Do u like Kenshin better as Kenshin or as the Battousai???

1. Kenshin

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Battousai

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. i think that he is better as kenshin then as the battousai

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Of course I would choose sweet lovable kenshin .. :sad: The ova's made me love him more, cuz of the things he went through .. you may call it sympathetic love ..

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I liked kenshin's old personality, the battousai one -exceot the killing part, and I like his rurouni one too. So basicly my vote wont count cos it will be for both :p

4. D3vil's Anjil

D3vil's Anjil New Member

I prefer Kenshin over the bottousai. cuz i havnt really seen the ova's yet:D so my vote probly wouldnt count much.:p

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

heh i agreed with Shishio about him being boring.
    ]

Shishio: I'm disappointed. I'd heard you had become a vagabond sworn not to kill, but it was hard to believe until I saw it with my own eyes. You could never destroy me like that. (he gestures to Yumi) Boring. I don't want to fight.

Densetsu no Hitokiri Himura Battousai!!!

heh is planning on cutting my bangs like his ^^;;; my hairs long enough for it but i havent cut my bangs yet

6. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i liked him bette when he was the battousai, i thought it was awesome how he killed ppl, but that is just me, i think hes alot more laid back in the series, like he smokes the cheeba all the time. look at him, hes alays goofy and stuff. but i still like it. but battousai is much better. he was so much more serious.

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Still he didn't really want to kill people, and I don't think he would have been happy and joking when he did kill people XD

My vote goes for the Rurouni because it's much more of a task for him not to kill people. The series would have been a lot shorter if Kenshin believed in killing people, because he could have just cut them all in two within a second I bet.

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

true true if u read the manga when Katsura Kogorou had asked him if hed ever killed using the Hiten Mitsurugi School before he answered no but if it were to make the world a better place than he would draw his sword for it. but then in the movie he says that he thought he was fighting the war to end all wars but realized that all he did was bring about an age of more killing. actually the true Ishin shishi used more and more western weapons such as guns and cannons in their fight which definitly made a difference but in my opinion if they hadnt been using such weapons that the Bakufu with the Onimitsu Doshin and the Shinsengumi plus the Kyoto Miwarigumi (Kyoto Sentry Group, actually they could fight on equal terms with the Shinsengumi aka they were just as powerful a sword group as the Shinsengumi although they didnt get much credit.) would have triumphed over the Chosuu factions. the whole Ishin Shishi plot was really a coup d'etat. in large scale. actually there was one quite powerful Ishin Sword group Kiheitai. the leader Takasugi Shinsaku lead them against the Bakufu. but the last stand of the Shinsengumi was during the boshin war. Saitou Hajime was separated from the mainforce in the third battle of the Aizu war. Duels to the death spread around him until the last. After the new era, he took refuge in Aizu. At the time of the Seinan War, he participated in the government forces Keishichoo Battoutai. Afterwards, he lived as police lieutenant Fujita Gorou. The Shinsengumi fought on in various places in the north. The fifth unit fought unflinchingly in the Hakedata War before disbanding.

9. Kenshin Himura

Kenshin Himura New Member

I agree with iuyasha&kagome[​IMG]

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah he was but then you lose the polite speech sessha=old polite form of watashi and de gozaru which is a very polite form of desu not to mention the oro ^^ but still he quite better as Battousai.
    Saitou: that wasnt my original plan but ive changed my mind. Ill kill you!
    Battousai: Kill me? thats my line

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

When you think about it, Kenshin really isn't too much different from when he was a Battousai.. except for the fact that he gave up killing. When you look at this quote: "People before us are suffering...Many are miserable I can't just leave them alone!" many may believe "that's gotta be from the series" But it's from the OVA that he said this... he still kept many of his ideals from before, but even when he was a Battousai he was soft hearted(if he wasn't then he would have killed for greed and power, not justice)

12. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

I like Kenshin better as Kenshin to.... i don't know y, I just do.

13. koenma

koenma New Member

i agree totally with you...... but that's just me

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

well as Battousai he was more diciplined...he was also a better swordsman. when he left the service of Katsura Kogorou his sword began to dull actually it started to dull after he met Tomoe. by the time he fought Saitou before going to Kyoto... he obviously had lost his full strength...but when he was starting to revert to Bttousai he using more strength than he had...but then he totally reverted to Battousai...his sword once again become a Hitokiri's Sword...

15. kawaii_turkey

kawaii_turkey New Member

i reckon kenshin is better cause he has the humor and the less serious look on him...

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

true true but when in battle hes serious ....

Soujirou: your serious now....
    Kenshin: Im always serious or no one would take me seriously...
    Soujirou: Ok then ill be serious now too...

or in japanese
    Soujirou-kun: Honki Desu..neh..
    Kenshin-san: Sessha wa tsuneh ni honki de gozaru yo...

17. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Definately Battousai just because when he kills Gentastu its the coolest thing I ever seen.

18. xion

xion Guest

the battusie he was tight killinb all those people.
    but also i like the new kensin becuese a killer cant
    get a good girlfreind:D ;) :D

19. animemaster

animemaster New Member

i voted 4 kenshin 2:D :cool: hes better than bein as Battousai.

20. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

Battousai
    i like the Battousai more than the hesitated Kenshin,i hate it when he dellay the killing of his enemy:mad: bad guys shuld be killed...and when he let all his friends beat him up and all he does is that silly look with the word Oro( though i like it) but i hate it when his friends treat him like that..

thats my opinion..