kenshin

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by inuyasha&kagome, Feb 21, 2003.

?

Do u like Kenshin better as Kenshin or as the Battousai???

1. Kenshin

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Battousai

13 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

people that hesitate often fall prey to sudden attacks such as when Kenshin let Akamatsu go he threw his chains at him.

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

I voted for Battousai because of his attitude towards fighting and his seriousness...i think it is such a waste of such an amazing and talented swordsman...although he is wiser as Himura because over time he grew knowledge and wisdom...but as Battousai he was aware...if that makes sense...he was in no way vulnerable unless you found a weakness to him which was unfortunately Tomoe...wow i just re read all that and it sounds sooooo serious...i get that way when i'm talking about discipline of a swordsman...forgive me...:D

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Battousai was untainted in his ways as well. he did sway after te Meiji era began like most of the Ishin Members.

4. DistantSamurai

Yes that is true and thats why i like Battousai more...Kenshin can't fight it and he admits it himself...he should accpet who he is...but then theres a part of me thats saying "BUt you promised Tomoe!!!"....but then i want Kenshin to go abck to Battousai and not waste that amazing samurai spirit that elad the revolution....

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

that samurai spirit came from the loss he had as a child. soon after losing his parents to Cholera he lost his "sisters" to bandits that strengthened him. its also showed Hiko Seijuurou what a strong spirit he had.

6. DistantSamurai

also you knew he was wise even at a young age when he said

"When they die, they are just corpse, regardless of being traders when alive."

after he had buried both his "sisters" and the bandits that killed them with his bare hands...

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

the Hiko asks: "Boy, your name?"
    Shinta: Shinta
    Hiko: Thats not appropriate for a warrior from now on you will be known as Kenshin
    Shinta: Ken...Shin...
    Hiko: You shall have the Finest Weapon!.

8. DistantSamurai

Then it cuts off to the Battousai killing Tomoe's fiance and two other men...

9. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

Battousai looks cool with his hair up like that but I like poilte and lovable Kenshin also.

10. lilmizkong

lilmizkong New Member

I like both... when his Battousai, he help the innocent people and its really make difference. And when his regular person, he shows his reall personality and he look like normal person

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

his role as Hitokiri wasnt to protect people it was to bring about the new era. he wielded a killers sword to bring down Bakufu officials like Shigekura Jubeii

12. DistantSamurai

Yeah Battousai fought with the idea of killing to benefeit the weak and disconsolate like in one of his qoutes...and Kenshin kind of has two personalities one that is kind and nice and sweet...another who is a amazing swordsman and very serious...

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

more than just serious he was the perfect killing machine...he killed with hesitation. harm that was inflicted to him he just disregarded...

14. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Yeah. In a way, he was kinda innocent, I think.

And his split personality, it's like in Episode one (yes, I actually went and watched the first 6 episodes, migth I add, the manga was MUCH better.) where he's all like ORO! And then his blade sparkles and all of a sudden WOOSH, he's transformed into serious Kenshin. I thought that was funny, he reminded me of a power ranger! :sweat2: :D

15. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I like him as both. As Kenshin he's funny and as Battousai he's cool. So I can't really decide between the option.

~* Ja Ne *~ ^_~

16. shohen

shohen New Member

I like Kenshin just the way he is.:D

17. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

I like regular Kenshin. He's hot:p

18. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I think the battousai is hotter than teh rurouni, although he is awesome. ^_^
    This may sound stupid, but to me, teh battousai seems... almost innocent. I mean, he knew what he was doing and all, he just wanted to help people... and he was an orphan... used... betrayed... abandoned... all this bad stuff kept happening, his loved ones kept getting killed, and through it all, all he ever wanted was to help.

Need I add, I like battousai? ^_^