Current Affairs Killer Squirrels!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eternal-Blaze, Dec 4, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Fear

Can ye not see it?

Notice the squirrel's "ready to pounce" stance. Notice the evil intent in it's eyes, the maliciousness oozing from it's wicked stare.

That pidgeon... It is in its last moments of life.

OH LAMENT!! OH REMORSE!! Can no one save the pidgeons from the treachery of the squirrels?!

Alas, I weep...

Alone.

~W

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

they might have to quarintine the squirrls or keep clsoe watch on the people adn animals to make sure that know one else would get hurt

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Damn Squirrels! they have been deciving us from day one ( the Google pigeons too!). i knew it! the first time i saw Foamy i should have known.. they're are planning a hostle take over, starting with our beloved dogs.

4. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

You can't quarintine a whole population of squirrels... it is not feasible. They can travel from tree to tree, not on the ground like dogs or people. It isn't as though you can put a fence around a whole forest.

That would be most sensible.
    One thing I don't get is where are the remains? Don't tell me that squirrels would be able take the bones and everything? Even assuming they could, it isn't as though they are hyenas (who can eat just about everything, even bones). This is a crucial piece of evidence if they want to verify the attack. If there is nothing left then the story falls apart.

Oh and here are some more squirrels for your collection:
    flesh eaters in the UK. And here a squirrel attacking a deer. Attack squirrel.

5. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

http://www.applegeeks.com/comic_archive/viewcomic.php?issue=223

What'll I say?
    The ecosystem certainly IS ****ed up. Then again, maybe they saw the dog as a bothersome, loud and annoying thing, and decided to "chase it away"... like a hive of bee's (or more specifically killer bee's) become aggressive at loud noises.
    After all, a park is usually a quiet place.
    That, and food shortage.. could make sense, I suppose..

Just my way of thinking :p

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What's even more disturbing is the link off of 'dog' in that article. I guess the squirrels got their training from watching that top model..

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ok that was kinda brutal as well, it doesn't seem to mention whatever happened to the model in the story.

By the looks of things, squirrls are very easily agitated, and they move a lot faster then i thought that they would. Next time you go into a wooded area, it would be wise to keep looking up into the trees, if you see a furry tail, don't sat "aww", sream and run for your life!!!!

8. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

No, what we need, are REDNECKS!
    Rednecks who are in their prime time: possum huntin' season. We release them out in the back of the forest, and goodbye squirrel problems.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Good point!!!

But we don't have rednecks over here unfortunatly... i wonder how much they cost to import? And i hope they don't die off once the weather turns cold, that means we have to order them in every year.

10. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Their carcasses shall provide shelter for the little rodents, or food for predators and scavengers. So it's a win-win situation.

11. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Squirrels are rodents and I don't think you want to be helping them win.

But you can always import rednecks from Louisiana, since almost everyone here is a redneck.

12. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

okay let's be more drastic then, we'll use the redneck carcasses as bait for the squirrels. And when then crawl inside and nestle themselves within the soft beer-soaked guts.. BOOM TNT'D! ..

Wha, don't tell me rednecks don't like explosions..

13. wertitis

wert's post-o-matic

Yes, just like Killer Bees. Someone accidentally released genetically altered, Africanized squirrels into the wild and now they're on a rampage.

Geeze...

The Ecosystem is fine. There's just too many squirrels this season and not quite enough food for them all. The reason why there arent many pinecones or nuts around is because these little guys have eaten them all. Mother Nature is killing them off because thier population is too large. That's all. It happens every once and a while.

You haven't lived until you've gone varmint hunting with a .50 cal.

~W

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And of course, like all things, they resort to drastic measures once they get hungry enough. You'd resort to cannibalism, for example, if it meant living or dying, right? But you'd never even think of it if there were other options.

Sure, their population will decrease, but what will they resort to out of hunger before it does?

15. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

I was more talking about their behaviour; stingy and stressed, easily provoked by loud noise.
    Not their origin :p

16. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

Did some one call for rednecks? ... I'm sure that Eternal-Blaze and I can scrounge up a few (more like a whole bunch). I'll ask only for money for tranquilizer darts and for shipping costs.
    That reminds me, in the 6th grade we were suposed to bring in recipes for either math or something. A friend brought in a recipe for squirrel soup. It wasn't that he was a redneck; he was just a little odd and thought the reaction of the teacher would be funny.

17. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

It'd be going better if they weren't eating dogs.

You haven't lived until you've gone squirrel hunting with 3 things: a .50 calibur rifle, a rocket launcher, and a flamethrower! :D

It'd even be familiar territory for my rednecks because most people here hunt for squirrels. I remember my art teacher telling us that one time a few of his students went squirrel hunting.....

...with machine guns! He said they had ther bed of their truck full of squirrels with holes all over them and that when they saw a squirrel in a tree, they took out the whole tree with the squirrel!

I would have loved to go hunting with them.

18. wertitis

True to a point. Allow me to add an addendum. You haven't lived until you've gone squirrel shooting with a .50 cal, Bass fishing with dynamite, and Deer hunting with mortar rounds.

~W

19. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Is addendum a word?

And I don't think bass fishing with dynamite would work as they live in water and water puts fire out. It would probably work better if you use one of those mini-grenades I've heard a lot about. If you hook the fishing hook on the pin, it'll come out when the fish tries to eat it and then it'll blow up seconds later.

20. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

There is water proof fuses for tnt/dynamite I like the idea of dept charges for fishing and mini grenades will destory the fish with shrapmetal