Square Enix Kingdom Hearts....2?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NeoCosmicDream, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Some information...

According to New Zealand site www.gpstore.co.nz, KHII will be available late June 2004... so usually when a site says that, add a few months to that and there you have it. Maybe around late autumn/early winter... but that's just my assumption. Check out the KH2 thread in the video games section where there may be more up-to-date news concerning this game

-------------> http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10858

^Shen^

2. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

January 04 is the projected JP release date. Last I heard was that an American release would be in early '05, but who knows... it could always go like FF X-2, which came out EARLIER than projected U.S. release dates. :p I highly doubt that it would take that long to make it over here, but you never know. June '04 would be lovely... I would actually have time to play the game, being out of college for the summer. :)

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I hope it does come out earlier than expected i cant wait much longer. . . . i might go crazy if i dont play it soon :glazed: *voice in background* time for your pills. . . . . i seemed to have gone crazy sooner than expected. . . . .(i hope it goes the same with KH2 replacing, crazy with releasing tho >.>)

That would be alot more convenient to come out in the summer. Cuz then you can just sit there infront of the TV and play for hours on end.:anime:

4. Bau

Bau New Member

kingdom hearts two might be good
    but i'm looking forward to Kingdom hearts: chian of Memories for GBA
    it looks good.

5. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

KH2 is gonna rock! The only bad thing is that you still have to deal with the disney characters. http://www.ffgon.com/kh2screenshots.shtml <----You can see a few screenshots of KH2 and see old and new characters. They also have a few wallpapers.If anything I said was a spoiler, sorry. :sweat2:

6. ~~Sion~~

~~Sion~~ New Member

My freind showed me the video of kingdom hearts secreat ending but in japan they got a longer version of it..it showed the guy in the rain coat fighting the stronger version of heartless and damn it was kool well anyways after he was fighting a bit of them he started running up the the wall(yes stright up the wall)to the guy on top of the building,well he's runnin up he's still fighting the heartless and the guy on top of the building jumped off ,then the guy in the rain coat threw the other keyblade(witch also killed sum heatless) and he catched and the both looked back and each other..i cant explain much on the rest of the scence that goes on but at the ending of it showed sora flying over looked knocked out over a lake and then it ended...thats what i saw and my freind told me.. :sweat2:

7. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Hey now. Lets not forget. . . Kingdom Hearts is also making it to GBA soon, too! :D Not sure if it is the same story or not as the first one. Or if it is completely different or not. Sora is still there. . . That's all I know from the screenshots I saw. ;P

8. ~~Sion~~

~~Sion~~ New Member

I heard it takes place a year after the 1st KH games, my freind said if u didnt play the gba KH:chain of memories u wont understand sum parts in KH2,
    and also when i saw sum screenshots i think u can have cloud as an alley, but im not sure..

9. Ace

Ace New Member

This may be a little late in the reply but just getting on to this forum I have read this whole topic finding if I am not mistaken no mention of:

****Could be a SPOILER****

Riku was originally intended to wield the keyblade, but went to the dark side and so the Keyblade chose Sora instead. Remember near the end of KH Riku steals the keyblade. Well in the sequal Riku may now be able to wield it if you see where I'm going. If I'm not mistaken there are actually two keybldes in existance, since King Mickey also had one.

10. ~~Sion~~

~~Sion~~ New Member

ya that is true that riku is the true owner but soras heart was stronger then his so it switched back to sora and i think there is more then 2 keyblades..1st sora has one,riku's other keyblade (it unlockes peoples hearts),then King Mickey's keyblade,and the guy with 2 keyblades in the secreat ending (i think one of the keyblades is "oblivation" the other one is the fairy(fairy harp i think?? :glazed: ).i Heard there are 2 types of keyblades a Dark and Light or good and evil in another way but im not sure if thats true well have to wait till it comes out then :anime:

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I think that there are really only 2 key blades. One that Sora had and one that King Mickey had. Riku only had it temporarly. Mickey i believe is the creator of the key blades. . .i think. . .-_-;; Becuase he traveled to all the worlds to stop the evil forces and i would guess he used a keyblade to fight them off. Donlad and goofy reconized the keyblade so they must have known somthing. . .but it dusnt really explain the whole thing with the key blades. Then when King Mickey got lost or whatever, sora recieved his other keyblade. . . .?? oO;; Did sora have his Keyblade in the end i cant remember? The guy in the preview in the end i think might have Mickeys and sora's keyblade. . . .

12. Fortune_Blue

Fortune_Blue New Member

kairi

mmm maybe spoilers for anyone early in the game...??

I hope the second one explains Kairi a little more. Is she a real royal princess or just a princess of heart. and i can only vaguely remember this so i might be imagining things but...wasnt there a cut scene when kairi was younger and she was in a room and there was an older lady there i think, was that room the library from hollow bastion? cos then i had this crazy notion that she was the princess of hollow bastion ..but...its probably more likely that im just going a lil crackers o_0

13. ~~Sion~~

~~Sion~~ New Member

ya it was in the libary and i think maybe she is a princess,and hopefully they will explain more about it..the Char. in the secreat ending plays a major role in Kingdom Hearts 2(cuz it also said in my book of "gamepro") and i think it takes place 2yrs later..and every one grew up(well duh), soras new clothes looks pretty kool to..have any1 else got the "Ultimate Keyblade" its kool but u can tell theres a sword and made it look like a keyblade with looks like flowers @_@...but its powerfull

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The Ultima Weapon is actually covered in feathers, not flowers. ^_^

It closely resembles a sword because of it's length. It's as long as the Metal Chocobo, thus a half-times longer than the original keyblade.

Yeah, it's a great weapon, once you're able to get it. Before then, though...the Metal Chocobo and the Oblivion Keyblades do remarkable damage.

Also, don't everyone forget the GameBoy Advance Title supposedly taking place in between the original Kingdom Hearts and it's sequel. Chain of Memories, everyone.

Also, it wasn't because Sora's heart was stronger that he became the wielder of (for lack of better explanation) Mickey's other Keyblade...it's because Riku already chose to side with Ansem that it was trasferred to Sora. Certainly, though, Sora's heart was much stronger at the end.

15. Fortune_Blue

Fortune_Blue New Member

A little less Disney

ee i never got the ultima weapon heh! mm i needed three more mystery goos and i jsut couldnt be bothered to get them! i think i spent a couple of hours tryin but i gave up, not like we needed it anyway, the end was soo easy!

The second one, so far, looks like it will be a little darker, a little less disney and a little bit more squaresoft, ya know?... which definately wont be a bad thing in my opinion! i do like the disney in it though, it keeps the scenery from being too drab.

16. Fortune_Blue

Fortune_Blue New Member

Hey just wondering.....would the australian release dates be about the same as the american release dates? or will i have to maybe wait an extra couple of months or something!! i hope not that would drive me nuts!

17. Hice

Hice New Member

I can't wait for the next KH game.

As for the Keyblades, I think theres more than one, and I think they only appear to those with the strongest hearts, like Sora and Mickey.

Now in the secret ender video, and drawings/trailers of KH2. It looks like there may be more KeyMasters. Of course we'll all have to wait until the game is actually out until everything is known for sure.

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Everything in KH:2 seems to be drawn to the Oblivion and OathKeeper Keyblades. Mostly because Oblivion was wielded by Riku and Kairi giving you the Oathkeeper.

In the ending trailer, you see the cloaked person in the bottom of the street wielding both.

Oh, btw, has anyone seen the Deep Dive video? Now *that* is cool, ladies and gentlemen. COOL.

So is the Another Side, Another Story video. *SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET*

19. shippogirl

shippogirl New Member

i heard

I heard that kingdim hearts 2 comes out in 2005 :anger2: :dizzy2:

20. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I think its good that they´re making anoth KH, since the first one kinda ended promising for a 2nd KH...