Square Enix Kingdom hearts!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by White Dragoon, Sep 28, 2003.

1. White Dragoon

White Dragoon New Member

Kingdom hearts

i love Kingdom Hearts and my fav character is ether Sora,because he's just cool,and Riku,because he is just like me >_<.
    so,duse any one know when the next Kingdom Hearts will be out?

2. Novus

Novus Gone

Somebody's gotta say it, and it might as well be me.
    This topic has been discussed countless times elsewhere in this forum. Find a related thread, and take your questions there.

3. White Dragoon

White Dragoon New Member

i can't find it..or then

4. Starr

Starr New Member

To be honest, i fought KH was a failure, they shouldnt of teamed up with disnet, thats like the worst company they coulda teamed up with, to be honest, its ok for a childish game, but its not exactly a classic, now, if squaresoft teamed up with Capcom, now that would be a game to remember :D

5. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

I LOVE that game-especialy the Halloween area!

6. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Oh I love Kingdom Hearts, but I still havent finished the game. Well the truth is that I gave up and I dont have the intention of finishing it ^^;

[MOD]
    Well its pretty confusing where to post topics about Kingdom Hearts and FF series. So I'll move it to Square Enix ...
    [/MOD]

7. Starr

Starr New Member

I got quite far, but my friends told me about some of the characters that were to come .. the littler mermaid!? :confused:

I kinda stopped playing then, lol, but i got to the tarzan place, i did kinda like it, but got bored, and it is babish, in my oppinion

8. Novus

Novus Gone

Dude, did you see the sales? Did you see the reviews? How can something that achieves success also be a failure?
    And for the record, Squaresoft did team up with Capcom before (Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2). Obviously they weren't "games to remember", or you'd have already known that.

9. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

GROOVY GAME. I love KH to death. I'm bummed that the sequel isn't supposed to be out in the US till 2005. :( All I can say is that it reminded me of the better days of Disney and made their characters even cooler with that Squaresoft touch. It may look like a little kiddie game, but it's got a great storyline, and it's way deeper than it seems.

10. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

I like that game,cuz disney and SQUARESOFT
    done this game and it's a cool game I can't wait until KingdomHeart2:D

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The OFFICIAL Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't supposed to be out until 2005...but that didn't stop Square-Enix and Disney from whetting our appetites with a GBA game as well. ^_^ Why? Because it's a very marketable game.

KH2 "screenies": http://www.squareamp.com/images/kh-jump.jpg
    (And I think that Sora never looked better! Although, I fail to see how this keeps in with Kingdom Hearts 1 in that it seems less Disney-Crossed other than Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Also notice the bleach blond fellow in the circle of characters...Riku? Not to mention the hooded fellow from the hidden KH Ending...)

KH: Chain of Memories "screenies": http://www.squareamp.com/images/kh-jump2.jpg
    (That doens't look like a GBA game, for the most part...and I can't wait to play it! ^_^ It seems to be an instep between KH1 and 2.)

I, unexpectedly, really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts. It kinda makes me mad though, that we didn't see a release of the Final Mix on other shores. It'd be nice to have better control over the camera and more keyblades to mess around with. Also, it DID have that fourth hidden boss...so even MORE fun to have while playing...but NOOOOOOOOOO...we didn't get it.

That said, the only parts I didn't enjoy was some of the areas where the camera gets stuck, and you have to make some blind jumps. Or that entire time you only had a wooden sword. That part sucked. I hate running from badguys.

But, in all, it was very fun. Granted, I only really played because I wanted to find/beat Sephiroth. So, I'll stick with Femme and say that I can't wait for the official sequel either!

Starr, upon reaching the Jungle, you've gotten about 1/5 through the game. Congratulations. ^_^

Novus, I thought the first two or three Breath of Fire games were among tops in RPG-land. They weren't GREAT...but they were damn good. And fun...not to mention that I think people had great times turning into Dragons. BoF reminds me of a small culture-hit...they keep making them because there's a niche of people that stick HEAVILY to it.

12. Starr

Starr New Member

Yea, i guess i cant judge the game from the amount ive played, yea, a few of my friends say its good, but i couldnt get into it

13. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Good part of the game storywise, crappy weapon-wise. I thought I'd never see that stupid sword again after the first area of the game, but noooo. The camera also got on my nerves BIG TIME in the forest areas of Wonderland with all the jumps (and that weird "ceiling" effect that made you hit your head on the scenery if you jumped too high).

Points for the Nightmare Before Christmas world and the Atlantica stage where you can be Mer-Sora. :)

And, of course, my favorite part of the game:

Hollow Bastion and the fights with Heartless Riku. The look on his face when he's about to whack Sora with his Keyblade is priceless. YEAH BABY.

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Which is exactly why Final Mix should also have made it to our shores. The camera bugs gets easily (and greatly improved) fixed by allowing the camera to free-float. It still hovers like in our version, but when our version gets "stuck", Sora just turns transparent and the camera sees through whatever solid obstacle gets in the camera's way.

This FYI has been brought to you by Izzy Izumi...for those who don't know how the camera problem was actually fixed in Final Mix.

15. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

I thought PS3 is going to be realesed in 2005???

and KH2 in 2004???????

16. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I heard that the JP KH2 would be released sometime in 2004; the US version in 1Q 2005 at the earliest, since it will need to be dubbed. I have also heard that the PS3 will be out in 2005, and it will have roughly 200 times the power of PS2. If KH2 is coming out on THAT, I will need to buy a new system... :(

At some point, it is expected that the PlayStation (insert number here) will be ONE THOUSAND TIMES more powerful than the PS2. This is what they wanted for PS3, but supposedly current technology does not allow it.

Here's the article. http://www.psreporter.com/playstation_3_news.html

17. White Dragoon

White Dragoon New Member

wow,i was not expecting so many anser,thank you all.
    Izzy,i agree,Sora duse look real cool in the new game,and the Heartless have inproved as wall.

18. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Final Mix had some kicking artwork, too.

Like Sora with a hood...

...and a GREAT group shot.

Not to mention a Cloud and Sephiroth showdown. WHOO HOO! I used the little Sora w/ hood image for an art show last year because I liked it so much. I freehanded it and used it as the centerpiece of my section, exposing people to KH whether or not they wanted to be. Hee.

With all the talk of the sequel, I must say that all I've done for the past couple of days is watch and rewatch the Deep Dive movie I DLed. Mm... anticipation for the sequel is getting to be too much. :dizzy2:

19. White Dragoon

White Dragoon New Member

i know it's not KH but i need help on Dark Chronicle...
    in on Chapter 2 and im at Rainbow falls and i don't know what to do to the littel swomp in the middel of it.
    please help...

20. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

When is that game coming out?-I can't wait either!