Video Games Knights of the old republic!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_bounty_fry, Jul 23, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I was one of those unfortunates, too. It would crawl down to 1-2 FPS at points and was horribly unplayable. I lucked out, though, since the patch completely fixed my issues.

BioWare has been very good with technical support in the past, and will eventually iron out those problems. But I can understand your disappointment.

The main character has whatever name you give him or her - I hope when you go to play you're more creative than "Lucy Skywalker", lol. Doesn't make any sense he'd have a force-inclined ancestor so far back, anyway...since Anakin was that whole galaxial "virgin birth" trick.

Your main character starts as one of three classes: Soldier, Scout, or Scoundrel, later on branching into one of three Jedi types. And there are those other nine characters. You can form a party of up to 3, and have complete control over each of them. While you can't take up the bounty hunter class, you can certainly look into and collect bounties. ^^

The infamous Boba Fett, and his father Jango were Mandalorians, and yes, Canderous is as well. So in a sense, he's your Fett.

I must say the characters are very full of life, and some very clever in design.

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I was just going by the names given in the game magazine. But I'm assuming you all know who I'm referring to ^_^

^Shen^

3. Novus

Novus Gone

I got KOTOR for Christmas, and it's really the first PC game that I've been reallly into since Heroes of Might and Magic 3 came out with the Armageddon's Blade expansion. That doesn't sound like much, but if you only knew how much I played that game when I first got it ...
    Anyway, I've been playing exactly the kind of character that really annoys me: the absolute of light side. I started as a soldier and then became a Jedi Guardian. The unfortunate thing is that once you start on the Jedi path you can't level up your other class. Also, it's kind of a bastardization of the d20 system, but then again, that's the way games go, I guess. At least this one doesn't say it's Star Wars d20 like NWN says it's 3rd edition D&D, so it's really a case of no harm, no foul.
    And for the record, Carth is a total wad.