Celebrations Lady Aoi and MO tie the knot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamiyaOtaru, Aug 17, 2002.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

This board has long been a place where friends could meet to discuss Anime and other issues. I'm herre to announce that the board has proven useful for at least one other purpose: helping people to meet who otherwise may never have, even though they live less than an hour from each other.

We've been a bit quiet about it, but now that it is done, we wanted to share a pic or two of the event with our friends here at M2A.

Attached Files:

2. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Yeah, you've been keeping this quiet for a while. I should know as your best man... I thought you weren't going to announce it here until you two... oooooooohhhhhh! Is it true? you don't have to announce *that* but...

-UK

3. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

awww, you shouldn't have

I just can't trust him to keep a secret, now can I?

Anyway, He's gonna post a picture, then I'm going to explain what you are seeing.

Okay, the picture above is the obligatory Engagement Line Photograph. MO and I decided to hold an engagement party in order to... well, it's difficult to explain. They are like the equivalent of bridal showers or bachellor parties, only typically no one jumps out of a cake (unless they're like my Uncle Bob (second man from right) who often does so for a laugh, but that's an entirely different bag of worms...). Essentially, we just wanted to celebrate.

I'm the girl in the center in the white dress (obviously). This dress was made by my best friend Portia (red head girl on the left) and her mother Jackie (woman in the suit next to her). I had to model for it for nine straight hours in their small apartment in Wyoming during last July. IT was very hot and stuffy, but well worth my time, don't you think?

Unfortunately, my hunka hunka burning man isn't in this picture. He was going to the car to get his camera when the wedding photographer snapped the shot ><. Don't worry. He'll s how up later.

4. MamiyaOtaru

haha very funny :p You can believe most of what she said there. Whoever that is next to her had better clear out ;)

Yes, quite a party, ad the cake was good. matched the dress and everything.

Attached Files:

5. Lady Aoi

um... honey?

You're thinking of the wrong picture. You're not in that one. That's the one the wedding photographer messed up. You remember, Uncle Bob got very angry and said some four letter words left over from his days hearding cattle in Tocquerville and threatened to hit the photographer with the cake? *sighs* It took us three hours to convince Misty (Portia's neice -- the red haired girl in the picture who is going to be our flower girl) that such words as @@@@@@, @@@@@-faced-@@@@@@ and beat you like a @@@@ on a @@@@@ were not appropos for grade school students, nay, any young lady to say.

Alright, moving on. This is one I took. Still no sign of hubby (I think he was getting me some advil in t his one) I had a bad headache because cousin Tilly (the laughing blond on the right side of the table) spent two consecutive hours regaling us with stories about her experiences in Atlanta as an airline stewardess. In this picture, UK (the dark haired guy I was standing next to in the first pic) and his younger brother scott (the red head holding his face) are groaning at yet another story. This one was about the stomach flu she contracted after eating some bad artichoke hearts.

MO, if she must come to the wedding, can you please tell her not to be so graphic at brunch?

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i think of it, as gaining something...probably wisdom. blessed be the 2 joined in love that take the sacrament of marriage. congratulations and kisses and hugs and all. may the life always be warm and snuggly and full of kodak moments and little kodak moments that can get you put in jail for posting them cause that isn't legal in some states...not that i'd know...because those photos were doctered...that really wasn't me...and anyone that says different is a liar and a communist. <cough>

hugs for all....hope it was pretty. *^-^* hehe

7. MamiyaOtaru

It wasn't as bad as all that.. really :D We do both have a tendency to exaggerate hehe. Uncle Bob did let a few fly though..

I don't remember the artichoke hearts.

Bloodberry, thank you much. Sorry you couldn't make it. Living 3 states away didn't help much did it..

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, <sniffle> i hope you get the "care"package i sent...the leather is guaraunteed for 20 years ya know <sniff sniff>

9. Lady Aoi

It's okay, Bloodberry. I shreaded those photographs the police took at that Co--uh... that one meeting we had in New York with all those happy Marxists!

But wasn't it nice when we all sang the International as one proletarian voice?

10. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Congratulations Guys!!! Aoi-chan you look soooo pretty!!! :D

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That's sweet. Not, sweet "sweet", but "SWEET". And you guys lived an hour away from each other? Wow. Great news, good food, and good blessings. Did that cover everything?

Oh yeah, send all of us engagement cake! ...Onegai?

Congratulations again, you two! I agree with V-chan, Aoi, you lookin' good! Lucky man Otaru, lucky man! :D

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

whoa!

That's sugoi!!!! Congratulations you two and may the force bind you together forever! :)

*eats some of the engagement cake* mmmmmmm

13. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

But... Hanagata...

Well you sure did keep it quiet, I didn't even know that you knew each other, but maybe I'm just ignorant. I too do agree about the photo, it's a good pic. Well, congratulations, and I wish you luck even though hope you won't need it.

14. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Congrats, you two, and I wish you both the best of luck. :)

15. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Congrats you two!, Don't wanna sound trite but best of luck you two.

(Hey any pictures with both of you in it?)

16. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Oh Congratulation you guys!!! I never knew that you knew each other or even lived in the same country =s ! Oh well, I wish you a life filled with happiness.

The two of you in the first picture is so cute! :anime:

------------------------------

Viper, you're leaving?????????

17. Killaz

Killaz Guest

GRRRR

Hey Viper stop spamin you've already made two threads sayin about you leavin, we dont need the whole site sayin that your leavin.
    oh and congratulations you two. the best of luck to you both.:D

18. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

Congratulation you tow..i wish you happieness & good luke..[​IMG]

19. Echiko

Echiko New Member

WAII!!! Sugoi!!! ^^ How cool!!! :D Ometeto!! :anime: I never knew that you two knew each other!!! :)

20. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

*confettis*

Wow, I can't believe it!!! The blossoms of love have showered upon you too! Aoi, you look LOVELY in that first picture ^___~

If I can be somewhere the moment, it'd be your wedding!!! I'm really speechless right now. Hey, either one of you (or both) send me pictures of your special day! You better promise me! :D God Bless both of you! I wish you both the best and happiest moments ever!!!!!!

Here's a little something Echiko and I just want to offer:

Attached Files: