Celebrations Lady Aoi and MO tie the knot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamiyaOtaru, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

the truth...

:shy3: :shy3: :shy3: Oh dear... MO, it seems our little ruse got a little out of hand.

Uh... we really didn't mean to fool you guys as much as we did. Basically, MO and I were talking on AIM last night and he mentioned that he'd gotten the pictures from his sister's wedding back. Due to my (typically latent) mischevious streak, I thought it would be funny to pretend the pics were ours and then make up some odd stories about what was happening in them.

So, no. I'm not the bride. That's MO's sister. I'm not even in the pictures. I wasn't even at the wedding, in fact. I was busy doing theatre work when the wedding happened.

UK was on line at the same time, and we convinced him to play along.

Sorry guys. I really thought we were being obvious that we were only joking.

In real life, MO and I are just really good friends. But we do live about an hour away from each other.

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

OK, notice how in the first pic, the supposed UrashimaKeitaro has his arm around the supposed Lady Aoi's waist? I oughta punch his lights out. It is actually my brother in law and former roommate with his arm around my sister's waist, the pic snapped on their wedding day (I'm on the far right)

I was chatting with Aoi and mentioned I had just received some wedding pics, we agreed I should post them. Then somehow the idea formed that we should try to see who on the board was gullible.. JK! We thought it was obvious that we were joking.

Frankly I'm surprised anyone believes me about anything after the Legato incident. (Time to go into Florida beachfront real-estate ;) ) At least this time I've made sure no one ever takes me seriously again :(

Sorry, truly sorry.
    /me runs and hides for a couple weeks

3. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

I say congratulations to MO, but for proving that pulling a prank on this board is like dropping a bomb on a soup cracker, not for his phoney matrimony.

I offer a toast to many more successful pranks at other peoples expense! Cheers! :D

And MO, feel free to use "Jerk-sama" as a title, I would be honoured to see the prince of lies use the title of one of his humble servants...

...or humble aliases, it's all good...

4. MamiyaOtaru

LOL I noticed you didn't use it anymore, I was hoping I could pick it up.

You know.. I should have put a smilie in my post announcing the event, then it would have been a joke instead of a lie hehe

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

:anger2: MO, from now and on I would never believe a word you say :anger2: and Lady Aoi I cant believe you joined MO's evil doings :p .. I hope you didnt sign the contract [​IMG] if you're doomed forever :p [hence he is evil..they sometimes call him Dr.Evil -- sorry I couldnt resist writing that after seeing the movie Austin Powers Goldmember]..heh

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

oro?

I knew it was a joke all along! *everyone falls over*

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Izzy's just a naive sucker, ain't he? Well, still...ummm...CONGRATULATIONS! :sweat2:

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

well i felt that it was a joke, but Im too kind to believe that people wont deceive others .. :anger2:

/looks for the hidding Otaru..

9. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Guliable, thats me I'll fall for anything, and I can't believe I fell for that. I don't think I'll trust anyone in this forum ever again.

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I can honestly saay I had my suspicians, but you did succeed in duping me. I had no reason to believe otherwise. Ah, well, a well meaning prank never hurt anyone.

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well meaning!? What!? We get no cake!!!! How can that be well meaning!? *sniffle* CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE...:(

12. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

you mean you laid to us MO & UK..[​IMG]Grrrr..
    [​IMG]now were are you guyes ..
    you realy fooled us :sweat: ..its ok iam not mad look at me>>>>> [​IMG]

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

LOL!

The stuff that goes on while I'm away... :)

Had I been there, I certainly would have played along too...but knowing the both of you, right from the start of this thread I knew it was all in fun... Amazing how so many of you other guys n' gals took it at face value!

I know it was a pretty mean trick for the both of them (after all, what if you both HAD been serious?) to pull on you all....and it's a good thing I haven't pulled a similar lie. The only things I've ever lied about were birthdates and driver's licenses...no weddings. :p

But considering there are more convinced that you HAVE both wed than those involved saying you haven't, by majority rule it looks like the two of you are now together for life. No backing out now. Congratulations for the happy couple! ;)

14. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

ya mean it, BakaMattPriest?!

Because MO and I were thinking of getting our names legally changed to "Mamiya Otaru" and "Hanagata Mitsurugi", respectively. That done, we were going to dress (and act!) in character at our wedding. UK would have been asked to dress as Akashi, and my bridesmaids would have been the fruit salad girls. Mayhem would have then ensued, probably, but hey, you know what happens at these Otaku theme weddings, and so do the Utah police. Because, let's face it, what else do people do in Utah besides watch the tumble weeds? Why else do you think we have the highest perscription drug use and Excell Saga related death rate of any state in the union?

Anyway...

I'm glad that we haveta stick it out, because now I can wear all those frilly bows and tights I've so longed to buy!!!

Whaddya say, Otaru-kun? Are we still on?! ^_~

15. MamiyaOtaru

Yeah, I'm still up for it :) Hate to see my costume go to waste.
    The community has spoken, looks like we're set.

16. YokoburiKinura

I got really confused about this thing for a bit, as there were contradictory statements made in the first few posts. People were congratulating the supposed couple, but Aoi kept saying 'my hubby isn't in the picture' so I thought that Aoi was getting married to somebody other than MO as he was clearly in both pictures... then it occurred to me that there were a lot of red-headed people in the photos... and finally on page 2 it was all spelled out. That's what I get for getting my wisdom teeth out and subsequently being terribly sick for five days. I missed the time window on the joke. Guess it was a good one, tho

17. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

hehehe...that's a good prank guys...I actually believed it...anyways, it's okey...I'm used to it. :cool:

18. Echiko

Echiko New Member

Grr....:glazed: I suspected it from the beginning!! LOL!! Sach and I worried it would be a fake and posting the attachment! Darn...Ya got me!!!

19. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

NA NI!?

.........@_@

I think I'll bust my head and rip my hair off....

WHY DID YOU TWO FOOL US?!?!?? *cries* And I was getting all excited... *sigh* Now what will I do with the fakeness of the attachment....

.........+_+

*anime droopy dark-ish background*

.........x_X

Truthfully, this is my second time being fooled in my history at M2A: once BMS's bday, and now this... I think I see how my future's gonna be :glazed:

20. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Re: LOL!

When you away??!! When I was away, not you!!!
    I was so confused when Mo and Aoi said that they got married, cuz you see, I remember MO's picture in the "Dare" topic..and it doesn't look like the groom, it looked like the guy in the far right more!! :bleed:
    *Just like what MO said*
    LOL US.. :D
    But you don't really mean it, do you?? :confused: