Last OVA...

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by sailorvenus, Sep 24, 2002.

1. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

*****SPOILER*****

Okey, I don't know if you guys have watched it already, but I finally got the chance to last Sunday. My comment-TRAUMATIC!!! I can't believe Kenshin died...I almost cried...

Now, for my question...Is that also the ending? (in the manga, I mean...)

I can't believe Nobuhiro Watsuki permitted Kenshin (and Kaoru) to die that way...

But I got to admit that OVA rules...love the fight between Enishi and Kenshin, as well as Yahiko's fight with Kenji...

:bleed:

2. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

*****SPOILER*****
    No,in the end of the manga Kenshin lived..
    he discoverd that Kaoru wasn't ded & that she was with Enishi on the island..he went to rescue her with his friends (Yahiko, Sano,Migomi,Miaso, Aoshi & Sitou) ...
    he won the fight between him & Enishi..after that Enishi was captured by the police but he escaped...
    i dont wana say more cuz i dont wanna spoil it for you:D ..

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

***SPOILER****

I agree with you! I also was shocked that Koaru and Kenshin died in the end. Its so sad that Kenshin died with a faint smile on his face. :( He was happy for Koaru calling him Shinta (his real name) and not Kenshin(the warriors name)
    Ahh its so traumatic.
    TOva doesnt show us that Koaru dieing. Im glad that it didnt Happen, cuz I wouldnt bare seeing another favorite character of mine meeting her end :(

4. sailorvenus

Hmmm...my bro also me told me bout the ending in the manga, so I was also expecting a good ending from the OVA, but it turned out bad, so sorry for me....:bleed:

And your right Toomaa, it's good that they didn't show Kaoru dying...it would be like too much...:(

5. Kairo

Kairo New Member

Kenshin dies?!

Ah man, I didn't need to know that...

Dont feel like watching it anymore..im gonna be sick! :(

Zanza: We don't want to spoile stuff for other do we? ;]

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, I guess that meant the spoiler warnings have not been heeded and is now out in the open...:p In any case, I loved the final OVA. Granted it wasn't canon to manga...but whatever...because the story in and of itself was great.

Sano looked freakin' awesome...'specially when before the tiger thing. He kinda reminded me of...Sandrock Custom...with the cloak thing, I mean.

Yahiko was cool. That's it. He was cool. He wasn't whiney, wasn't at all...the old Yahiko...but he was Yahiko.

And yes, the end was too teary eyed. And I'm glad that they didn't show Kaoru's finality either...because of its implied coming, I was brought to tears already anyway. Bah...*sniffle*

7. sailorvenus

Yeah, Sano looks cool!!! Rugged but cool. How old is he there? 48? 38?

And Yahiko kicks @$$!!!

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I agree with you Sailor Venus! Im not a big fan of Sanosuke, but when I saw him in the ova I couldnt stop myself from drooling :p

9. sailorvenus

Nobody can resist such a rugged and sexy man!!! *sigh*

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

And ya know the freakiest thing? Hiko didn't look one bit older than he used to!

Hiko *sigh* whatta guy. LOL

But...it just makes me wish for a happier ending. I'd have loved to see Shinta happy with Kaoru until they were old and gray.

11. sailorvenus

Yeah, that was pretty freaky, ne? They just added a few wrinkles...Kenshin even looks more older than him.

That was also the ending I was expecting. You know, happy ever after...

12. Sol

Sol New Member

Heh even though I only watched some of the first episodes of the long Tv series I said "Omg". I got this reaction because I watched all the OVAs of Kenshin. I said to myself "After all these epsodes it has finally ended this way". Seeing him suffering and deing from a disease is a very dramatic shocker for me. I was expecting him to die in a battle to save everyone or something. I guess I was wrong. I really loved the ending to the series.

13. wolf_of_mibu

wolf_of_mibu New Member

hey.

i really didnt like the way kenshin died. they shouldnt have let him die so... alone. the least they could have done was get everyone helping him out. that way he would feel that his devoting his life for others wasnt in vain. the ending made me feel that no one else (aside from kaoru, yahiko, sano, and megumi) cared enough to help.

anyway, yahiko was damn COOL!! ^^ he's so mature and well...COOL (oh, said that already). :D hope they showed saito a little longer though. he looked so "kick ***" when they showed him for a few seconds with his back turned and showing his sword.

14. sailorvenus

hehehe...to bad for you wolf...

be thankful that they didn't show Saitoh dying...I'd go bonkers!

:dizzy2:

15. ChaosBurnFlame

ChaosBurnFlame New Member

The OVA's totally non-canon... worse than alot of fanfics. It: 1) Totally contradicted scenes in both the manga and anime. 2) Totally contradicted the characterization of the characters from both. 3) Was made by the guy that made season 3 of the anime, thus is the product of a hack.

I mean, this scene alone made no sense, when the Minister of Defense went to Kenshin and asked(I'm adlibbing).

"Himera, I know you swore to never kill, but can you go to the continent because we're in a war that doesn't concern you and fight for us?" Kenshin's response "I can't because the hack writer misinterpreted what Watsuki said about my condition thus I have what resembles an STD and I'm a weak invalid. BUT I'll just leave home anyways and be a medic even though that will serve no real purpose other than to have me on the boat and drown AND make my son hate me even more."

Let me continue... the Shinta thing in the end of Shitsou--- ermm Seisouhen. That doesn't make any sense! In the manga, Kenshin's character continually spoke of moving ahead and how life is ever changing and nothing remains the same. NOT to mention when he defeated Enishi he spoke of a new step, stronger than before and moving on. Thus why would he WANT to go back to the child he was?

16. wolf_of_mibu

wolf_of_mibu New Member

very well said. ^_^

anyway, what IS his sickness in that OAV?!? blood seems to be coming out of his body. STD... hehehehehe

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Is this thread about the 4 part mini series American Labled Samurie X.. because in that Kenshin does not die.. someone clear this up for me,...

KAME

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

No, we're talking about the very final part of the anime series. The Samurai X 4-parter (was it even that?) is generally considered a movie.

The OVA we're talking about has the same kind of feel as the first OVA (Kenshin and Tomoe's story) though not as dark. It's just more serious than the series, and the finale of Kenshin.

19. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

TO Many Kenshins.. !~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Well i seen like one ep of the normal series after watching the 4 part one.. and well after seeing the 4 part one, the normal series seemed to kiddie comedy like.. not that it is.. but i just could not get into it after seeing such a serious version that I thought was amazing..

KaME

20. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well first of all:
    KaMeKaZi,u are absolutlu right man,the same thing hapened to me,i watched the oav first and i adored it,i even watched for about 13 times and when i watched the series i was shoked,i didn't expect the childish stuff,but the fights r good,but i gotta admit that the oav and the serious hitokiri kenshin is better then the sakabato funny kenshin.....
    well let's get back into the subject,talking about seisouhen,well i think it was really good,not the best but has it's beautiful moments,the problem was,that kaoru remembers a lot of stuff that hapened in the series,it's like we r watching the series again,but the second part of seisouhen is really good,the fight with enishi,well to be honnest i was expecting anything else then the ending that hapened,the director is a genius,i knew that kenshin wouldn't lose and he couldn't kill too,so i was thinkign how the hell would it end and then came the part of kaoru protecting kenshin and enishi seing her as his sis (tomoe),superbe ending,and well after that the sickness of kenshin was not bad,but the ending of seisouhen makes the person wanna cry,i watched it about 7 times and everytime i feel pain in my heart,well overall this oav is good and worthy to be watched,sorry if i talked too much but i had to share my thinking with u people...and thanks
    :D