Last OVA...

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by sailorvenus, Sep 24, 2002.

1. ChaosBurnFlame

ChaosBurnFlame New Member

Seisouhen is Crap, ENd of Story.

Ruroken please read the manga. Kenshin was always a comedy, even when the main character wasn't even named yet! I suggest you read Watsuki's first two attempts at publishing the manga called only "Rurouni". Both were short comedy pieces that focused more on jokes in the meiji than fighting or angst. I hate both OVA's since they spit in the face of Watsuki. The second OVA series even more since it squeezed a whole 26 and 1/2 manga volumes into 40 minutes. Now THAT is slaughtering a great series, especially since the first OVA STRETCHED a 1 and 1/2 volume event into 4 episodes.

2. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

ChaosBurnFlame,well i know pretty well that the series is before the ova and i know that kenshin the funny man comes before the ova,and i've read the manga,but all i said is that i love watching the serious kenshin more then the one in the series,and u should understand that everybody has his own taste,it seems ur a kind of guy who loves funny series,good for u,i like serious killing non funny stuff and that's my opinion and i wanted people here to know that and i try to advice people too,maybe they think the same way i do,so if u have to respect others opinions cz i respect urs.......and by the way,u should check some reviews,either from sites or other,and u have to see by urself that the ova in every single site i surfed took 10/10,and all the reviews said "AMAZING OVA,ONE OF THE BEST EVER",that's a new information for u.....anyway i'll always prefere the ova in every little detail of it........:D :D :D :D

3. ChaosBurnFlame

The OVA was over-Greek Tragic crap. ESPECIALLY Seisouhen which DESTROYED continuity, characterization, it might as well have burned and pissed on Watsuki's masterpiece.

4. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well as i said before and i repeat it,the problem with seissouhen and the thing u said was right,is that there is a lot of stuff that we saw in the series,but give me a break,it pissed on watsuki's masterpiece,u gotta be kidding man,i thought it was good,and if u wanna talk about masterpiece,well the first ova was the real masterpiece and all the reviewers adores it and all the people and fans adores it,u think all these people doesn't have taste in anime,well u gotta think again man,but anyway it's ur opinion so stick to it even though i hope there was a chance that i could help u change ur way of thinking about the ova's,i should give u some reviews sites so u can see to urself what the first ova did,and u will se by urself wich is the masterpiece :D :D :D :D

5. ChaosBurnFlame

Oh gawd, the mob mentality. "If everyone likes it and you don't you're stupid."

Alot of people liked Fight Club and I found it to be annoying jabber aimed towards white collared idiots that were too afraid to quit their job. The First OVA RUINED the Remembrence Arc. The Second OVA KILLED the rest of the series.

6. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well for ur lack of information,i wil give u a new tip to add,the reviewers that i'm talking about understand in anime stuff more then u and i and every fan does,and u better go buy anime magazines and start reading from now,cz u really should have these information,so when reviews gives an anime 10/10 i respect that cz they judge it in all aspects,not only the story or the fighting or the characters,they take all the aspect of it,i hope this tip will be useful to u,so when u said "If everyone likes it and you don't you're stupid",ur right but i'll put it in another form,"when reviewers in every site and magazine gave it 10/10 and said it was "amazing" and u found it sucks,then ur not stupid but u should stop watching anime" :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. ChaosBurnFlame

No, you should. I mean your reasoning is more idiodic than a 3 year old's. Your debating skills leave alot to be desired as well... I think I shall leave a board that allows people as idiodic as yourself post.

8. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well i thought we r having a cool conversation,2 differents opinions respecting each others,but it seems ur angry and u don't even respect anything,i should have called a dunb *** from the beginning but i was hoping that i can found a little bit of knowledge in ur empty mind........
    Now i know what ur thinkings r,ur a a stuburn cocksucker that don't even listen to others,so "tsakin jame" and i'm sure u don't know what that means,u should watch episode 58 to know it......
    u know what i'll just tell u what it means "GO **** URSELF",and u may reply but i'll never do the same to a monkey mollester dumb *** like u......go find urself few idiot people like u to chear for u......PATHETIC FOOL

9. ChaosBurnFlame

The 3 year old's response.... I'm not surprised. Mob mentality as evidence=innane stupidity and lack of debating skills or intelligence. Look at Rome. People filled arenas to watch Christians being eaten by lions. Now is that intelligent?

10. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

from the begining,i was just having a nice conversation with u,ur the one who started the trash talk about the "idiotic forum",i was only responding,and well let's have the other members of this forum judge us,let them say who's the one with the intelligence and who's the one right about what he says or u don't even count anyones judgment?????
    well anyway smart boy,it was good meating someone with a different opinion,wished things went in a better way......yeh just one thing left,if have the "The 3 year old's response",what can u say about urself,i'm not even gonne start the trash talk again,i already said what i think about u and i will stick to my opinions til the end,"THE OVA'S ESPACIALLY THE FIRST ONE ARE THE BEST I EVER SAW,AND I LIKE THEM MORE THEN THE SERIES",this my opinion and u can't do nothing about it so deal with it :D :D :D .......

11. ChaosBurnFlame

well, perhaps one should learn how to type and spell so we would surmise your age better? The first OVA I used to be able to live with until I talked to a Tomoe fan that was so anti-Kaoru i could almost puke. I then read the manga, saw how much better the manga was, especially how arrogant Kenshin was when he was the Battousai, a very nice touch which makes TONS of sense when you consider he was raised by HIKO SEJIRO.

12. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

u know i have a question that was bothering me and i wanted to ask u,"what's ur favorite anime"??? of course kenshin but what else then that,i would like to know.....

13. ChaosBurnFlame

Sit down...

My anime journey started with 'Kare Kano'(His and Her Circumstances)

Then I saw Martian Successor Nadesico

Third I saw was Rurouni Kenshin

Next up was The Slayers,

Then Evangelion

Then Trigun

Then Ranma 1/2

Then Love Hina

Then Inu Yasha

Then SMJ

Then Tenchi Muyo

I also saw Mononoke Hime quite some time ago, read the manga "Guns Blaze West" and "Meteor Strike"(Both Watsuki-sensei's works).

I'd say that Watsuki-sensei's original vision is very inspirational and rather inventive, especially since well-known manga artists like Takahashi used alot of his designs and formula in their latest works.

14. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well pretty good collection u have here.....listen we will continue this conversation later,cz i have to go to university,so i'll be back in 2 hours,see ya then.....by the way,do u know an anime called "saint seiya"??

15. ChaosBurnFlame

Well, from all the evidence I've seen Watsuki is a comedian. He dislikes unhappy endings, enjoys happiness and hilarity more than angst(which is obvious since he said Misao was his favorite character). Watsuki is also a genious with the way he mixes comedy with historic drama, romance, and martial arts action, something never done quite right before.

When I say Watsuki is influencial I mean it. He's a newcomer really... RuroKen his first real title, and it made a BIG impact in the world of manga. I think its rather obvious Rumiko Takahashi was inspired by Watsuki's storytelling and mixing history with fantasy and martial arts. Just look at her work in "Inu Yasha" and how alot of scenes look like they were almost drawn right from the Kenshin manga, not to mention the character development and mixture of drama with comedy and character designs.

16. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well thanks for these information even though u haven't answered my question if u know an anime called "saint seiya",anyway u said before that "especially how arrogant Kenshin was when he was the Battousai, a very nice touch which makes TONS of sense when you consider he was raised by HIKO SEJIRO."......well u should know that watsuki inspired this character from a real man that lived in the bakumtsu era and he was one of the four great hitokiris and in an interview with watsuki he said: "Kawakami Gensai( the real hitokiri), one of the four great Hitokiris of the Bakumatsu, could be mistaken for a girl at first glance, but his nature was the complete opposite of his appearance: he was a cold, calculating man said to be the most terrible of the four. He was famous for cutting down Kuma Shouzan in broad daylight with his unique, lightning-fast Furanui style of kenjutsu. Whether he was responsible for other assassinations is still a mystery".....this is what watsuki said and kenshin is the same man,and the real hitokiri wasen't arrogant or had a very nice touch so i think watsuki changed that,even in the manga were kenshin is funny and stuff,it's not what the real hitokiri is about,so i think the change came from watsuki......

17. ChaosBurnFlame

Watuki's actual words was that Kenshin was based on several historic fictures. Yes, he's based off Gensai slightly, but also Okita Souji also played a part in kenshin's character, same with Saito Hajime(the historic guy). He NEVER said Kenshin and Gensai were the same man, just that Kenshin was based off an amagalm of several key Bakamatsu characters.

Same goes for many characters. Heck, Sanosuke was based of Souzo Sagara and a Shinsengumi captain known to wield a 'large spear'.

18. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

how many ova's r their?

19. Kenshin Himura

Kenshin Himura New Member

Noooooooooooooo! Kenshin dies? Why?:mad:

20. Kenshin Himura

Kenshin Himura New Member

whoops. wrong thread