Square Enix Least favourite Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Aug 12, 2002.

?

Which Final Fantasy would you be stranded on a desert island without?

1. Final Fantasy IV

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Final Fantasy V

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Final Fantasy VI

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Final Fantasy VII(I should hope not)

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Final Fantasy VIII

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  6. Final Fantasy IX

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  7. Final Fantasy X

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I couldn't say worst, because none of them are bad.
    So here's the question, which of the Final Fantasy games, in all their resplendantness do you consider least worthy? Posting why would be a nice touch too.
    Also, I didn't include FFI-III because I don't really think it's fair including them, but if there is widespread public outcry against this, I'll change it. Yoshi.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Gameplay wise, that was my...least favorite. It was too hard in the beginning and whenever you *have* to get new spells for junctioning. But, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy once you do get those junctions. The only redeeming aspect about gameplay is the Triple Triad. It's still fun...but you did ask for my "least favorite."

I would say the same about X, but there's just too many mini-game things to do to get too bored. Plus Blitzball!

3. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Although I firmly believe FFVII has become much too overrated, I still consider it a very good game... just fans have tainted it's name. And FFVIII appeared to me as too much of a movie, soap opera, not enough to actually do, and the actual story didn't really catch on to me that much, to the point in which I don't even know if there is one. But in my opinion, FFIV defies all of this. I think the characters are badly designed, the tomboy princess thing is becoming way too cliche for games. The only character I really enjoyed was Vivi, and Freya wasn't too bad either. But some got to the point in which they were just annoying, Zidane, Steinert, and Garnet. Amarant's actual background and attitude was not all that bad, but the look he had, like most of the other characters, was just blech. Besides Vivi, the only character I found tolerable, and even cool, was Blank. Other than that, I think every copy of this game should be shattered and wiped off the FF radar.

4. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Hmmm....FFV....I just don't like the story....:eek:

5. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Of all the final fantasies I played FFVIII had to be the worst. FFIX wasn't to good either, but my time playing FFVIII was horrendous. The characters sucked (Everyone but Squall) The magic idea was cool at first, but just got annoying in the end (So did aquiring the summons) The weapon Idea sucked, and so did the gil idea. I didn't like the final boss, and the two weapons were too easy with (Ultima and Omega), I did like the 'enemies and bosses gain level along with us' idea, made the game more challenging, but overall that doesn't help, FFVIII in my opinion, least appricated FF I ever played

Sidenote:

Worst FF I ever played: Final Fantasy The Mystical Quest.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Let's just say FF:MQ didn't count at all...it was like...RPG's for Dummies! I mean, they practically tell you what to do and how to beat the game!

I wish they kept the enemy levels from FFVIII and transferred it to all the new FFs. I mean, even in X, a lot of the useful things come from what you can do to weapons, and adding more spheres to the grid (like Junctioning). So having bad guys get a little bit tougher each time makes for a better overall experience. Right?

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

My least favourite is FFIX. It just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like the look, the SD type stuff, and I didn't think it looked to animeish. Also, I didn't really like the music, or the characters. And the 'job' system wasn't great. Also the third disk I'm playing is scratched, so that causes it to loose marks too.
    Oh yeah, I left out MQ, because it was just made for an ignorant western audience and it's not much cop, and Tactics because it's not really part of the true FF series, also it didn't get a pal release(something I'm damn pissed about), and I've never played it. Hopefuly it'll be released over here on the GBA, and if not, I'll import it.

8. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

I wish it was a Multi Choice! I hate 8 and 10 equally....Cant stand the junctions/magic/Summons in 8 or the sphere grid/blitzball concepts. How annoying is it to have a 5 minute time limit and have summons take up 30 seconds per time? Or not knowing anyhitng about the F ing sphere grid? And sometimes i just wished Tidus would drown down there...

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

have to say 9...tho that may change when I get to play it...i got to dot he choco hot and cold for my mom(she was having probs finding land marks...and i hadn't even seen the game played till then...<sigh>) the story just seems too long and drawn out for me...i think that's why 10 went over so good with me...it went back to the short story...you don't have to change disks....or go thro long side tangents in the story...tho, the ending was awesome...but still...and well...ff8...that is loads of fun...you just get a game shark...and the ap code thinging...whatever it was that gf's got...and the code for max cards...hehe cause you get all the cards and max amounts...always...then you turn them into items into spells and junction away...hehehe that's how i'm enjoying it....lol (note: 8 was the only ff i've used the gameshark on...the only other that thing has it to boot japanese discs...*^-^*)

10. dack

dack New Member

i see 1,2,3 arent up there, but anyway 9 i think was terrible never got in to it.

11. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I voted for IX because it was too short.The games music was good.But the game lacked any real good characters.I also didnt like the way the characters looked.

12. Izer

Izer New Member

Between FF 7,8,9 and 10 i would say 8 *snort*.

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well ive not played anything past eight so im not sure.. but i did not care much for 5.. the job system was kinda lacking.. FF is not supose to be a story when all the characters are the same with very few differences.. it make the story suck.. i like the different jobs.. but only one character should have that job...

KaMe

14. n15pca

n15pca New Member

It was a bad story. I had to stop playing it because it was bad. Unvery ff like!!!:mad:

15. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

My least favorite FF game was Final Fantasy IX! I see that everyone has the same opinion as I do. None of the characters appeal to me. The character designs sucked, but dont get me wrong the CG was great.
    I wouldnt feel anything if the main character got injured or died. On top of that there was somekind of error with the disc where I had to restart the game. :mad: I hate it when somehing like that happens to me..

16. Bau

Bau New Member

its FF10

i don't know i know its a good game but umm theres no world map and listening to the voice acting is so annoying.

but of course FF2&4 are even worse oh man its just
    too easy. i'm sorry to all those who like it....

17. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Really I would have to go for something like Final Fantasy 4. And even that game I really like!!! I like all of the Final Fantasy's. But I can't say that I don't like FF1, because that's the game that saved Squaresoft and if that didn't exist or failed then the FF's we have now would cease to be XD

18. aozora

aozora New Member

Id go FFXIII, its the only one i got so bored of, i never finished.

That and i never had the right materials to customize my weapons >_< :p

19. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ive noticed some ppl say FF 4 was crapy.. Am i geting this game mixed up with a different one..

now in Japan it was 4.. but in North America it be 2.. With Cecil and the Gang.. I think it was prety good myself.. story was good up till the final boss.. and the music was your tipical music.. though the moon part was EXTREEMLY anoying..

Anyway,,

Kame

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

They already have FFXIII!? Hehe...I take it you mean VIII. Yeah, that was always the pain in the neck to do, especially considering you try to keep your character levels down so bad guys won't trounce you.

And Kame, I agree. It was hard because all the moon bad guys just whomp you. And the final showdown dialogue was pretty lame...but it was a good game. And also, that game is a ******************** to try to get the best armors and weapons too. A one in...68 chance of getting the tails? And the bad guys you fight to get them...have like a 1-32 chance of appearing!? *sigh*