Philosophy Life & Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolfie, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

No one knows what is going to happen after are last breath we can only hope that it is not something we cannot handle when someone close time is up we can only hope that they are happy wherever they end up all the theories are not been proven so we don’t know how life began or how life ends we don’t even know are purpose

DEATH/DEAD
    People have their own ideas some people who had near death experiences always talk about a light some think this is the gateway to god
    Others think that it’s a gift from life upon death.
    Some think it’s the path to a new life.
    Or that it’s a hallucination sort of since everyone talks about a light you expect to see it your mind plays that part.
    Or maybe if you were on the operating table it’s the light they use during surgery it’s just you see it because you opened your eyes without knowing it.
    But what about when they talk about a relatives what has been dead and loved so much their words usually being ‘it is not your time yet remember I’m waiting for you’ or they will be talking about other members of the family and ask to say hi or comforting words.
    Maybe they wont to see them and miss them so much that they know their waiting for them but they wont things confirmed
    This hope might drive them to see them when they go.
    What about when you are dead what happens next? It’s like an unfinished story. You find out when you read the last chapter (you yourself die) but is their a sequel (another life) or is truly the end of the story but we will never find out since the last pages are ripped out (it’s basically impossible to know what happens after death unless you experience it yourself but how are you going to tell them what you went through you’re a corpse where they are maybe you would not wont to tell them coz you might know that if you do they wouldn’t understand and think you are crazy most people can’t face the truth when anything what happens and is their fault they still look for another. Another to hold all their guilt carry the burdens.
    Another to go through all their suffering.
    Another to hold their faults to be the causer of these problems.
    So why should you tell them what happens after death.
    They probably won’t appreciate it. They might not like what they hear)
    So you can only imagine the possibilities. The few known ones:
    • You just rot in your grave.
    • Go to place heaven or hell depending on how good you been in life.
    • Come back as a lower species depending on how good a person you been.
    • Come back as the creature what most characterize you.
    • Be born again.
    Some of reasons probably only exist because people don’t wont to think that’s the end. That you are buried in a box deep into the ground while you and the coffin rot. I bet someone made up this stuff to give us hope. But it’s all just made up because where is the proof to back up these ideas. We can only hope what is going to happen is a good thing.
    Suicide is genially on peoples mind I’ll give you some of the reasons why people kill themselves:
    • Life is too hard to live you tried everything to be happy but nothing worked and you have quit trying.
    • Your faith is that strong that strong that you will go to a better place you think why not now.
    • Someone close dies. Their the whole reason why your living.
    • You have no reason to live (for whatever reason)
    I defiantly got them wrong but it’s something like that.

I’ll post this another time: LIFE/LIVING

if anyone managed to read this bravo

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I know personally of someone whose father was very loved to her. Her father never taught them anything about religion or morals (He was an atheist). So when he died, this girl was completely crushed. She lived around 2 years in denial and anger, blaming her mother for what had happened (he was an alcoholic, he died of cirrhosis).

I doubt she'll be able to get over it.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

4. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

thanks Ciel as known always helpful ^^
    and Luvweaver i guess that proves that someone needs to be blamed to make someone feel better

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

i Believe if we Die. We go into Bleach...... Just Kidding I believe we go to heaven

6. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

The other day i had a dream, well daydream or whatever you call it. I had died, and I was about to meet God. Then I thought about all the bad things I had done and all the good things I didn't do, and I thought: Gee, I'm about to meet the Creator of the Universe! How can I present myself to him with all my shame?

Then I decided I would live a better life than I had. Sounds crazy, but hey... better safe than sorry :)

7. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

i bet you might feel like **** if he didn't exsist and you been nice to irratating assholes for no apparant reason

8. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hrm well what is death?

the last breath, the ending of a life... but cant death also be the end of a one life and the begining of another?

it all begins with your stance in life, who you are, what religion you are part of, how you view the world around you.

Personally im a Christian, however one of my favourite sayings is a Buddhist sutra which reads

"All Things are impermenant, this is the law of life and extinction. When both life and extinction perish, Nirvana will be bliss"

this, is perhaps one way to veiw death, what lies after death in the Buddhist religion, Nirvana. (no not the band)

at any rate, death is just as natural as life, something we ALL must do... a path we must ALL be prepared to take. Life is fragile, a flicker in an infinite history, a glimmer of light in an eternal darkness. What happens after death is i think, not up to you, but you can live, for today and plan for tommorow.

is Life not more important than death? we are all given a finite amount of time on this earth, and how we live it is up to us. is Life not how we should concentrate our lives?

9. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

To think of death, is like wandering about the last breath you took. Perhaps it is pointless to wonder about. And yet, if death is something we all must go through, then why do we try to enchance our live expectancy more and more. I think that because of life and death, the fear within us pushes us for higher intelligence. Even the thought of death may bring adrenaline in the most dire situations.

To think of life, is like repeating your last words over and over again. You are only wasting the valuable time you have. Cant one just look around and accept that they must be here until the time being? Cant one just look around, and accept that there are some things that are just inevitable?

People have their own ideas about life and death, and not only that, but also different ways how they react to it. How does one act when he feels that life itself is passing by so quickly? Or when he witnesses death in front of his eyes? To tell you the truth, Ive kinda lost myself in this post, lol just kinda posting whats in my mind. :D :D :D

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

*raises hand* I know personally of a girl who's father died from cancer. I doubt highly she'll ever be able to get over it since he was the main thing in her life.

Personally, I don't know for sure. I think we may be reincarnated. Our souls will be reborn into a different being. If I die, and there is a heaven and hell. I'm going to hell, so I hate to look at it that way. Sooo anyway I really think we should stop worrying about what's going to happen when we die and what we're doing now. What's the use in it? I know for sure I haven't been going through my life worrying about meeting the creator and having to explain myself.

Peachy's advice - LIVE LIFE LIKE YOU WANT TO! ( just don't get in the way of mine..-_-

11. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

My belief is, when you die, you're dead. Now, I was raised a good jew but C'mon.. Let's not base our lives on the fact we could go to a higher plane of existience. I say live as you are, die when it's time.

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

You might refer to Pascal's Wager as an argument to your statement. We are unable to know whether God (or the afterlife) exists so we must make a decision on whether to believe in God or not. If God (or your religion, etc) doesn't exist and you've follow it your whole life then there is nothing to lose - you have likely lived a happy life (looking from a psychological perspective those who believe in a higher power are less prone to depression).

Now, if you did not believe in a higher power, and that higher power does exist (and you denied it your whole life) then you goin' to hell!!!

So, it's better to just believe in that higher power.

Now... this argument contains a logical fallacy - it's threatening pain and torture as a reason to believe that it is valid (appeal to emotion, I think that is).

There's much more to why people believe in the afterlife - faith. Sure it is not the most valid of arguments but you should not deny people their beliefs.

13. Chance

Oh, I have no problem admitting my belief in YHWH, but my thoughts have never been that I was made solely to serve the lord. I show respect but I will never be someone to preach it to others. We all believe something different even if it only varies slightly.

I AM not denying people their beliefs. I could never do that because it would be me trying to play god. And god I am not. =3 I'm just a minor diety, small time miracles and all..>.>;;

J/k <3

14. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I am a christian (as most peoples know lol) Personally I think that there is something after death. Something beyond anything we can imagine. I think life is a maturing state. As in it prepares you for whats to come after death. and all I have to say is....if you do not beileve in god....your in for some trouble when you die. I mean, how hard is it to accept and trust in the very being that made you and this vary earth we stand upon! Its not to hard, and the bible has all the proof one needs. The name says it all lol

Basic

Instructions

Before

Leaving

Earth
    Remember death is just another path....one that we must all take.

15. Chance

WHAT? How can you be so biased to your own beliefs that you would make such a blatantly insulting statement?

Ok buddy..Give me some proof. Show me some miracles because the words written in book isn't enough. I'm happy you have faith, but I'm not a believer in the New testament, so am I in trouble as you said before for anyone who doesn't believe in your version of god?

Better yet kid, Have you ever read the bible? The entire thing?

And what being are you talking about? God? Allah? YHWH? Zues? Caine? Anubus? Hindu? Who?

I think you're 100% positive of something like that, don't go making blanket statements. It's absolutely uncalled for.

16. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

*falls outta chair laughing* I go to a christian school ofcourse I have read the bible. And being...think about it there is only one supreme being and thats god and god alone. And if the bible is not enough for you then you are lost. And that INSULTING statment as you put it is the cold hard truth!!! You can either accept it or not! And your only in trouble if you do not beileve in the lord thy god. Ok I am gonna leave this thread before I get myself in trouble on here.

17. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Oh, I didn't mean any disrespect from that one comment Lucky. By "you" I meant in general, not specifically you though.

Now another problem with the wager both you and Pascal brought up Samurai is what if Anubis is the true higher power? If we didn't believe in him our whole life then we are in trouble. Of course, we all know that Anubis is just a parasite Goa'ould ;)

Furthermore, what if someone never knew of the God you speak of? I lost the source, but I recall reading a Catholic work saying that as long as a person lives a good life according to their religion or societal values then they are fine.

18. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Good point that guy lol funny name. (yes I know I came back to the thread) If you are raised not knowing god, and you are suddenly brought to him, once you have enough proof or have seen enough that basically proves straight out that he is real, and you just call it a hoax/ lie or whatever you wish to call it, then you SHALL be held accountable. HOWEVER if you where born into this world and never ever heard of the lord, never seen anything to do with him and had no idea such a thing existed, you will be when you die brought before the lord. And if you STILL diregard his existence, and say he does not exist and do not beileve in him, then you will be sent to well you all know lol. But think about it my friends, it is pretty plain whats real and whats not.

19. Chance

A biased and completely one sided truth spouted at me by some kid who refuses to accept other people's beliefs or take them into consideration? Funny..

And I did ask you for some proof to your one powerful God. Guess you couldn't deliver kid.

20. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hrm that is the problem with religions isnt it? that each believe his or her's is the truth, yet, it is in fact, personal truth, not universal truth... each must decide upon themselves in what to believe. To each, it is perhaps, universal, but it is YOUR universe, not the universe around you. you have to accept the things around you, and that INCLUDES accepting that other believe in other things.