Philosophy Life & Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolfie, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Welll..most religious freeks are like that. Adult or mabye a youngin'. I find Nik always gets into this weird debates about god and loses..because of course there is no proof of a god besides a book man-made..Like I said in that other thread. Gosh, now this is turning into a arguement. Just listen to Lucky, she's OLDER and has experience and knowledge ^_-

i'm gonna burn in hell...? sweet.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

*Le bow* Merci Boucoupe. =D Now, Let me try and explain my thoughts.
    I had a little bot of everything growing up religiously. And I've lived all over, so i know how certain places have strong beliefs that counter my own. But even so, I believe everyone is right in their beliefs. As I was told when I was quite a bit younger, 'What you believe makes you YOU and if everyone believed the same thing, we'd all be the same. There would be no need for you, now would there be?'

3. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I would be carful who I call kid there, for you do not know me do you? Nor do I know you. And do I lose, or is it that people are so wrapped around these other things that they don't stop to think for a few minutes to look closely and really try to see. Proof isn't going to be laid out in front of you, if you want it then go search for it. I have studied many other religions out of curiosity to see what else there is. And as far as I can see, there is really only one that seems to make sense. Some day you will see it. I think I am gonna leave this thread lol I am wasting my time on you guys. Have a good day eh!

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hey, Lucky.. calling Samurai a kid was an ad hominem fallacy, a no-no when it comes to philosophy.

If we did have undeniable proof of the existence of an afterlife, or God but did not believe in either then yeah, it would be rather ignorant and perhaps the person would go to hell. However, we don't know - we have free will to choose whether we believe or not and that's why there is little proof.

And, if you want to elaborate the sense that you have found within your religion then I'd like to know more about it. Maybe in a private conversation sometime.

Let's go away from the topic of God, and speak of just strictly the afterlife - an objective view where we do not argue what type of afterlife exists but whether there is one at all.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

This life is harsh why worry about what is after? :p

As far as Death goes all I can say is that I am going to go down fighting.

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I was always getting into these fights with my friends, even when I was briefly Unitarian (and all you catholics should know how hard it is for a Unitarian to defend their religion). That's why I converted to Daoism (and no religion!). If there is a God, how will we mortals ever know? I live up to my own morals, and if that isn't good enough for some guy (or girl XD) up in the clouds, then I don't know what is. I'll live for this life, and all the living things in it. After all, what's heaven if not an open field, or a cool forest? Nature is all the salvation I'll ever need.