Movies lord of the ring's poll whos better gimli or legolas?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by vash the stampede, Jun 7, 2004.

?

whos better,cooler,ect.gimli or legolas

1. GIMLI.awesome

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. legolas.panzy

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

hey me and my next door neighbor are always argeuing *well not always* about who is better from the movie and book lord of the rings i wanted to settle it so i put up a poll dont dissapoint me.

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHO TO VOTE FOR BUT VOTE FOR GIMLI. :anime: just kidding i voted gimli and everybody else should vote and exercise your civil duities.vote now,vote now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please:anime:

come on people all im asking for is your opinion vote please you dont even have to reply.i just want your opinion please vote.

2. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

From only seeing the movies and not the books, I'd say Legolas just cuz elves seem cooler, swifter, more mobile, and more stylish than dwarves. Gimli/Dwarves are so short and ugly, with little grace and speed, and all Gimli has is sheer strength.

1 person likes this.
  3. vash the stampede

oh cmon hes soo scool him being short is part of what makes him cool.but everybody has there own opinion we'll thanx for voting. :anime:

4. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

"legolas.panzy" oh come....don't even get me started on how and why Legolas is better than Gimli. the only thing that i've read that supports Gimli in this thread is that he's strong and he's short *which is somehow supposed to make him cool* Legolas is an elf to begin with, and elves are just a cool, yet mysterious race. and he has great skills *especially with the bow*, great co-ordination, good looks, actor was Orlando Bloom *coughs*, nice hair, good friend *especially since he had to put up with Gimli* and the list goes on.

5. vash the stampede

o well i guess most girls would like legolas more than gimli.but still gimli is cool i guess it depends on what your personality is,anyway thanx for voting i appreciate it :anime:

6. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Then can i ask you as to why YOU (Vash the Stampede) think Gimli is cool? you've only said that he's cool and short. what else makes you like him more than legolas?

7. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Gollum ownz them both. My precious...

8. Dante

Dante New Member

I'm more partial to the "lesser" characters. Haldir, Eomer. Boromir was cool too, a very, very cool character. Though out of these two.. probably Legolas. From the movies, Legolas clearly has style. Gimli has comic relief going for him. "That still only counts as one!"

Or, one of my favorite parts (note, I know I got the numbers wrong)

Gimli: Ha! Seventeen!
    Legolas: That's great! I'm on thirty-two!

1 person likes this.
  9. vash the stampede

awww man am i overrun by the legolas fans please help me.anyway borimir was one of my favorites but he died soo i guess no one can vote for him :anime: actually gandalf is the coolest but only gandalf the grey (cuz his beard is longer) :anime: thanx for the vote's though :anime:

10. username

username New Member

!!!!!

In hand to hand combat gimli would rip lego.. whatever his name is face off. Or hack it off which ever he wanted. Besides only panzy's use bow and arrows!!!!

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Actually if you took even minor note in any of the last two movies (I honestly don't remember Legolas using them in Fellowship Of The Ring, but I'm positive he used them in Two Towers and Return Of The King), Legolas used his "White Knives" as often as he used his bow and arrows (though his manditory stylish-move in Return Of The King was with a bow and his appearances in that movie were slim already, making it seem like he used the bow much more).

Watch the movies again, and you'll see that Legolas is easily more skilled at melee combat than Gimli, as well. :) Not to mention, we also see Legolas use the bow and arrow at point-blank range which is beyond dangerous.

12. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

legolas, not only he has gorgey yumminess- but he has the super strength of an elf with his fast pace, strong eyes, and strength with a bow and arrow

13. vash the stampede

yay

:anime: finnally someone who agrees with me thanx for the input username :anime:.gimli rules.

thank you all for your votes even though most of the are for legolas but who is the other person that voted for gimli? i'll find out who you are and thank you. :anime:

thanx for your votes every one.

14. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

hehe, i'm afraid i'd have to say legolas :D
    he got to do way more stunts than gimli, and has way more style and dignity. i'm sorry, but gimli lost all his dignity when he was dwarf-tossed across that gap...

however, Aragorn rules this hands down :p

1 person likes this.
  15. Takamatsu_

Takamatsu_ New Member

yeah, aragorn is cooler, but to stay with the theme, i'd say legolas, since he can ride a horse,(gimli cant, on his own) he is more willing to go into a cave than the dwarf, and he can swordfight as well as shoot.

16. vash the stampede

DARN more legolas fans :anger2: lol.just kidding :anime: well i dont know about aragorn winning with hands down.but anyway thanx for voting :anime:i need more votes how could i get more people to vote on my pole??

17. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

Dude, it's just a poll. People will vote on it if they only want to. Trust me, it's not like you get anything in the end. But it has been nice that you've thanked the voters for voting for like..er.. 6 times.

and you still haven't given me any reason as to why YOU like gimli except that he's short.

18. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I voted for Gimli.

While the movies highlighted Legolas' fighting over Gimli's, i've read Tolkens other books and have to conclude that Dwarves have the potential to be much better fighters. Not all the time, but if they are angered by some event then they can kick some butt.

Example: The Battle of Azanulbizar (or Nanduhirion in the Elvish tongue) in the Goblin wars (Return of the King; Appendix A, III Durin's Folk). The Dwarves fought an army of Orcs at the gates of Khazad-dum. "...it was a dark day of winter without sun, and the Orcs did not waver, and they outnumbered their enemies, and had the higher ground." In the end, the Dwarves won.

Also, in battle, to hell with speed, beauty and grace. I'd rather have armor and strength. In referance to grace: dead is dead, no matter how cool it looks :anime: .

19. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Frankly, I can't decide ^^;;;. But from what I read in the books, I kinda liked more elves than Dwarfs. Besides, I always played an elf (correction: half-elf) in the D&D games. They were cool yeah!

Hey, wait a minute this isn't a competition between elves and dwarfs, but between Legolas and Gimli. What things do Legolas and Gimly have that their kin don't?

Hmmm... interesting question.

20. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

Eh..I'm not a big Lord of the Ring fan but I've seen all three movies...(Really really long movies :anger2: ) and I have to say they're the best movies I've ever seen by far and the graphics are amazing so are the actors. But between Gimli and Legolas..my vote goes toward the elf. I personality feel that elfs are better fighters than Dwarves but that's just me.. ( ^^ Heres alittle interesting fact I found out from my little "Big fan of LOTR" brother, the actor that plays Gandalf..(SIR IAN McKELLEN<~~ ^^ Got Knighted) is going to be playing as Dumbledore in the next Harry Potter movie..(Believe it's "The Goblet of Fire." )