Movies LOTR: Return of the King

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UFOtaku, Dec 15, 2003.

1. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Tommorow. Midnight. It is released. I can't wait!! XD Who else is gonna see it? I would go, but this is my midterms week. So Thursday at 10 am, I get out of school early and run off to go see it, with no more cramming to do, and not a care in the world! CX

I do hope they make the Hobbit, too. I'm probably gonna cry at the end of this movie because it's all over.... *WAAAAAAAAAH*

2. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

my boyfriend wanted to take me this friday night, but i didnt wanna go cos i dont like lord of the rings :sad:

3. Amon

Amon New Member

Saw it; started at 12:01. :) Totally bloody awesome movie, positively loved it (even though I dislike the books :p). Theater was packed, didn't end up getting home until about quarter after four in the morning. ^^; And I ended up over-sleeping thus I missed school, but oh well. :p Was worth it.

4. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I saw it this morning. I really enjoyed it. Like the other two LOTR movies, it's very much worth seeing.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Best film of the trilogy, in my opinion.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I saw it yesterday. It was nearly in tune with my expectations. After the show, I felt "elderly" (comon, in excess of 3 hours). After the movie's midpoint, it felt a bit rushed. Did anyone else get that feeling?

7. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Nah, it wasn't rushed. The action was just very very fast...DAMN I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! Everything about it was sooo good! Aftwerwards, even though I was tired, i wanted to see it again! :p

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I concur! The third book and movie always had the most memorable moments. Especially how the whole thing ended XP

I just watched it yesterday and I'd say that it did the book justice! It was kind of funny at the end because everyone thought the movie was over.. there were at least 6 points where it faded out and went to a different scene and people kept on clapping and then stopping.

9. Shadowstalker

Shadowstalker New Member

i just saw it last night with sisters and two cousins. i loved it! it was so awesome. best one out of the three. although...it ruined the movie cause people in the theater were screaming and you couldnt hear the movie very well and they sat there laugh and talking and in the end when they kept going to different parts, they start screaming and yelling when they found out it wasnt over...i wanted to slap them so badly :anger2: :sweat2:

10. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

Can't wait to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I saw it on Wednesday with my friends, and we were all satisfied. The major battle in this one was intense, and I liked how most of the main characters had their own highlight. Overall I thought the movie well done, and the length seemed to be good too (3 1/2 hours which was fine).

The Director's Cut DVD is probably gonna be better though (according to my friend) cuz of the extra half hour of vital stuff that made us all wonder about that one other character...

12. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

I saw it, and loved it. Best of the trilogy, and being the LotR geek that I am, it was the best movie ever. Peter Jackson will be making the Hobbit, but after he re-dos King Kong. The ending was boring as heck, it ended like 3 times before it actually ended. But the siege of Minas Tirith made up for that and more.

13. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Incredible movie, best one yet. The siege of Gondor was great and the charge of the Rohan was breathtaking. Absolutly loved the scenery and the acting was incredible. And the special effects....well they were the best I have ever seen. The ending was good also even though it was a little slow.

By the way how many people have read the books?

14. Amon

Amon New Member

Yes, indeed a great movie and glad to see two of my three favorite characters in it. :D Anyways, I've tried to read the books but the excessive and unneeded detail takes away from the enjoyment of it, I thought. So I decided to go and read something better. ;P Though props to Tolkien for the over-all idea and creation of everything.

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I am so happy! Eowyn kicked some bad-guy arse! She is amazing! I can't wait for the uncut version as well, since there was a scene I waited for but it never came. My fave parts included Eowyn and Legolas on the battle field. good stuff! sorry if I spoiled anything. I waited to see this at the Silver City since the city I live in at the moment has a very crappy theatre and people talk and we can't see anything there cuz of big heads and flat theatre floors.

Andy Serkis is a great actor! woo hoo!

16. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Good film.

The ending was terrible. "We're back in the Shire, and everything is grand! Thank God they cut Saruman out out the film, so we can leave out how he took the place over!"

17. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Just Got Back.. And was Amased.. Im sure the the DVD will have about an hour of extra footage.. And yes the ending was a tad tedius..

*** Spoiler***
    Id have to say the Best part of the intire movie is when Lady Éowyn of Rohan Takes down the King of the Nazgul.

KaMe

18. Mimiruneo

Mimiruneo New Member

I saw it at midnight on the 17 IT ROCKED!!! :anime:

19. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya I hope the uncut scenes/extended edition will do the ending some justice. its like, everyone is healthy! everyone is happy! huh?

20. shippou

shippou New Member

tlotr3

hey does legolas decide to live at the seaside.......
    i really wanna see the movie........... :glazed: