Debate Love or money?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me_dreaming_zzz, May 2, 2005.

1. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Imagine if god gave you a choice:

1. To be a very rich man/woman and live a life of luxury. You can have anything in life except falling inlove/be loved by someone.

or

2. To be a poor person living in a third world country but be happily married to the person u love and who loves you.

What option would you choose and why?

The life might seem very exciting, easy and interesting if you a multi millionnaire, you can have everything you want(but with no love you will feel lonely).

It feels so great to be inlove and to know that you are loved, but are you ready to give up on all the luxuries of this world and have empty stomach most of the times just to be inlove with someone(u have to be pretty brave to do that)?

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

hmm theres a loooooooooot of things id do if i was rich...buy a nice house, sweet car, everything on earth u know lol i mean who doesnt dream of being a bazilliongazillionare at sum point? ...*sigh* but really when it comes down to it, id choose love over money...i couldnt stand being without the person i love! loneliness has got to be one of the worst feelings ever...and yes id starve for love lol :sweat2:

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I already fall into the second half of the first option, so gimme the first. ^^

4. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

A simple life is enough.. being with a special girl is enough^^ A contented man is never disappointed.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Exactly. I'd choose love over money, regardless of anything else. Money makes you wealthy, but love makes you rich. That's what I believe, anyway.

6. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Love. Why? Well, I think of money as a way to greed. And dont want to have too much, otherwise ill want more of it. Because when the money's gone, what else is left? But when love is gone...wow. Now i cant decide. Quite a contraversy when you think about when theyre gone.
    But, true, love will always make you happier.

- Kaiyon

7. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Well in my opinion I would go for the money. Love is the most wonderful feeling in the world to all. But when you have no foundation to support it (such as money...there is very little chance of succeding in it.) Nowadays is all about the money...in a sense money can lead to love (which in this case I can't but I can use money when I get lonely ;) )

^
    !
    !
    The stuff up there didnt make much sense but whatever.

I summed it all up...

1: Be rich and live easy with every need (except love) fulfilled
    2: Live harsh and in very poor conditions but know someone is there at home who loves you.

Many people live without love thats why there is so many divorces nowadays.

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think that i would choose love. Money is what makes the world go round, theres no dout about that, but i just don't think i could live my life alone, no matter what the cost.

9. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

It's not that I'd really have an empty stomach, right? If you have those you love there to support you and provide you enough inspiration to accomplish goals, you're not certainly left to starve. So I guess I've made pretty clear what my choice is.

10. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Money...not out of Selfishness but out of things i can do with it. I could donate it to charity's and kids clubs that are running low on the all mighty dollar...But on love being without food and being in a third world contry for it..well it wouldn't last no matter how hard you tried. one of you would end up dying and what then you would be left alone with nothing except the close on your back that is if you even have close on to begin with :eek:

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Even if you give the money they won't love you back, as dreaming said. Who said that third world countries are the only ones with poor people? :mad:. Aren't all we going to die one day?

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And who's to say you couldn't work your way out of being poor? It doesn't seem that hard. A few years of hardship at most, then you should be able to afford something better. It's hard to get up from the bottom in our society, I'll admit, but it is possible, and quite doable, with the proper plan in mind.

13. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

But depending on how poor and on the economy of the goverment of your country being even of moderate wealth would be near impossiable.

Also i never said anything about wanting love in return i would be showing Chariety and Kindness. Never wanting love but being kind to others not wanting anything in return

14. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Neither. Never have been the type to go with extremes. Being rich and hated/forgotten/pitied would suck ass. Being poor and watching loved one's starving is just about as bad. ;)

15. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i'll go with being rich.

going without love, you don't know the hardships and obsticles there are concerning it. you won't know what it feels like to loose someone you truly, truly love, and see how you'd overcome that. (didn't make sense.) or like, hey. you may be the lonliest person in the whole world, and money may not be able to buy you love, but who really needs it? (ugh.)

rather than being rich; being poor, but having your life long partner standing to you, you never know what might happen to him or her. just the possibility of losing the one you love, can drive one insane. (so i'd rather just not experience love at all.) but then again, you may never loose that person, but you have all the hardships of living through another day. having not much money, and not only taking care of yourself, but another, is just too much. one usually wants their loved ones as safe as possible. (... but i'm talking like, super poor. like living on the streets, etc.)

ack! that really didn't make sense.... non of my things do...

some may say, that it's better to love, and loose, rather than to never love at all, (or at least it just sounded similar.) but that really depends on the persons point of view.

(well, i guess that's why this is in debate.)

16. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I feel as though love is harder to obtain then money is. Love I feel is also harder to hold on to as well. Having that one true love will make you rich, money will too and it will actually buy you things, and nice things at that. But money can never buy you true love. Only the love of greedy people who are only after your money. I would always chose love over money, the thought of being alone is enough to make you want to trade in every penny you own.

17. Vicious

Nobody said you had to be alone. You could obviously be with somebody you just wont feel that emotion. But to me Love is an emotion that was made up and become obviously very popular (understatement there) There is no fact that love exists and for all we know we could just be exaggerating our feelings. We were born alone (as in only one person popped out) and we can live alone. But in honesty I think that it is a tad bit lop sided this question. No love and alot of money...or Love and very little money.

18. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Then again, there happens a time where someone obtains both love and money. Such as one being rich and meeting a person who isn't after the wealth of the other.

19. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Why would somebody who's title says "buried alive by love" not even think that love exist? And why would you also say thats its "one of the most wonferful feelings in the world" in your first post?
    True love isn't something that you have to believe in to experience, and it doesn't cost a penny to support, at least not true love anyway.

20. Vicious

Well first off, Buried Alive by Love happens to be a great song by HIM. And also I somewhat believe that (as stated before) love may just be exaggerated feelings. Emotions never needed a penny to support...but in order to live you need the money to keep yourself going. With the doesnt cost a penny to support thing which would you rather choose...no money and love or no love and money?