Debate Love or money?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me_dreaming_zzz, May 2, 2005.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Y'know I'd love to believe everyone here who says they'd pick the person they love, but in the real world the "good" people are never the ones who find love, so I really have to wonder if people are just replying with what the know is the "right" choice, not with what they'd actually do.

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Now anyone on here can say they'd pick love but,when it comes down to it
    everyone wants money..ok, You know I can say right now i'd pick love because I am saying that,but when it comes down to it and I really had to choose I don't know what I would say

1 person likes this.
  3. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Brief response...
    How can you choose money? In my opinion, if you have someone you love, your well off. You don't need much, just enough to live off- There's nothing better than that feeling. And how can one live alone for all their life? All you can buy is material goods and lust, and if that's what you live for, I'm kind of saddened.
    Getting rich has never been one of my goals and never will be. (And even if you ARE happy with large sums of money for a while, it will eventually corrupt you. Believe it.)
    "Love is like oxygen! Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!" -Moulin Rouge

I speak from my heart, Neph.

4. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I wouldn't know; I mentally cannot experience "love" in this manner, and honestly don't care. I'm not lonely, because I have a lot of friends, all of whom understand me and my quirks. This is why I chose the money.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

How many relationships (marital or non) have been broken up because of money issues? Granted by that same token there are some where the person leaves because they find their "true love" elsewhere, but often that's really more lust and excitement speaking.

I think whether a lot of people realise it or not, they chose to be with people they love most, not necessarily those who love them back best. Do not interpret this as being against love; it is not. I'd very much enjoy love. However, realistically there is an... unnerving amount of this sort of activity going on. And thats what makes this scenario so unappealing - it's unrealistic. It's a fairy tale.

This scenario presumably also makes your perfect love completely faithful. But this scenario fails to recognize that one can fall out of love, and that nobody is without flaws and weaknesses. To be totally blunt, this scenario is so one-sided and unrealistic that it's not even entertaining.

6. DesertSheep

DesertSheep New Member

convenience... heh

Both are luxuries so I'd be grateful to have either.

7. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Y'know, ideally we'd all be idly sauntering past a Hilton construction site, our ears standing at attention as they recognize the soft, harmonious melody that could only be identified as.....the whistle of a lovestruck construction worker! And we'd gracefully fall into his arms and publicly broadcast our true, unconditional love for one another while struggling to decipher the disjointed scribbles on his nametag. A marriage ceremony would be unecessary, as you're content to spend the remainder of your life gazing tenderly into his eyes while he smiles affectionately at.....some unspecefied area below your eyes. He'd sweep you off your feet with minimal effort and carry you across the threshold, and a hastily constructed "THE END" picket sign would make its appearance before the viewers would get perceptive enough to recognize that you've become a baby vending machine. And *THAT* is true love. AND a horrible example of past/present tense! Yay!

I'm feeling just a wee bit cynical today.

Anyway, *glances upward* I'd probably deliberate for about....three seconds, before deciding on the money. I've always emphasized that money isn't a huge priority for me, and that hasn't changed, but I've become too accustomed (*cough* dependant) on today's luxories to sacrifice it all for some guy who's probably been diagnosed with AIDS. Realistically, I'd probably refuse both options, if that was an valid alternative.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I completely agree with you. There’s no greater happiness than being with the one you love and care for the most. There’s nothing like being treasured by your loved one. There’s nothing like knowing that you won't be going through the hardships of life by yourself.

Neph, that post is so like...

you....