RPG Archives Maelstrom of Fate - The Dance of Commencement

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Valant Rapitor, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

OOC - Quite possible, but I encourage the intro thread so the characters will know what the heck happened to them before they stumbled into the Maelstrom, and OOCly, to get a grasp on the personality. You can do it here, but you'll have to end up making up your previous world by yourself.

[Alexis|Hills]
    The voice stopped a bit, as if hesitating, and a bit of an ear-shattering "eh." went off. Then it spoke again, in the booming voice. "Y'know, befer I tell ya that, I'd like to know who you boys are, seeing as yer in my domain and all." It waited.

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Alexis drew himself up to his full height. "I am Alexis the Knife."

This didn't tell this "person" much, but he figured it was enough. He wanted answers first! His personal information was all the leverage he had.

He tossed his knife from hand to hand softly.

3. Valant Rapitor

[Alexis|Hills]
    The voice chuckled - a voice not loud, but powerful, such that you would think that if you heard it on land, that land would have shook as if in an earthquake. "Extremely helpful, Alexis the Knife, but I suppose it would do for now. And you?" Though one cannot see the face of the one who speaks, it is quite obvious that Hills was being referred to.

4. BarkingSpider

BarkingSpider New Member

Ian awoke with a groan. He put his hand to his forehead as he propped himself up on his elbows. He felt as though he'd just woken up from the worst hangover in his life. He blinked his eyes open and was startled by his new surroundings. Darkness surrounded him. The last thing he remembered was working a small power core. Had it exploded? Was he dead? As far as he could tell he was still quite alive. Then the feeling of his heigtened sense overcame him, putting him in an almost euphoric state. He turned in circles, looking out into the dark, but was unable to distinguish anything in this blasted darkness. However, he himself seemed illuminated for he could see his own hands and everything else clearly. He almost began to explore this vast darkness when he heard an echonig chuckle or at least that what he thought he heard. Thats when he spoke the only words that came to mind. "Hello?"

5. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

*Selenity Takeadea*
    Selenity heard a male voice say hello. She whirled around towards its direction then took a couple hesitant steps towards him and said, "Hello."

6. BarkingSpider

BarkingSpider New Member

Ian stopped walking as he heard a somewhat distant answer to his words. He turned and began walking towards the sound of a female voice. Sooner the darkness parted and he saw an illuminated woman standing there. He wasnt sure if she was a ghost or just in his head. He approached her cautioniously and seeing her dressed in flowing gown and seeming to be ready to rip his throat out he nodded his head in greeting. "Good day...er well I'm not sure if it's day still but anyhow." Ian extends his hand to her. "I am Ian Cervantes. Hopefully you're not as confused as I am as to why I am but if you could shed any light on why I am here that would be much appreciated."

7. Athena

Selenity looked at the man and said, "I thought that you were the one that had just spoken. I have no idea why you are nor why I am here."

She began to wonder where the man before her had come from. He looked completely alien to what she had known.

8. Valant Rapitor

(OOC: Does no good to separate you four, seeing as the true volume of the wonder space is somewhere around 50 ft squared.)

[Selenity|Ian]
    The world seems to suddenly fly from you, as the pure darkness twists and contorts, as if it was being pulled from the very surface of existance by some unimaginable force. You feel an incredible amount of momentum, but then you just.. stop. As you look around, the other of the pair was in the same place relative of where you were.. or, at least, that's what you think. However, there seems to be a new addition to your sight, as you see two more figures in your lines of sight...

[Alexis|Hills]
    There seem to be a twist in the background of the scenery around you, and from that twist, two people emerge, seemingly attached to each other like siamese twins, and as if moving at the speed of light, separated into a position less impossible. The voice breathed in, and spoke calmly. "Ah, more have come."

9. Meaikoh

Alexis looked around, bewildered. "What foul demon magic is this?"

He backed up away from everyone..."I'm going mad, aren't I?"

He hefted his blade once more.

10. BarkingSpider

BarkingSpider New Member

Ian instintively clenches his eyes shut as he feels himself moving at a very rapid rate. As the momentum slows he opens his eyes as two other figures come into focus, one cursing about some sort of demon magic and lifitng his sword. His hand goes to the hilt of his claymore strapped to his back as he glances from the two new personages standing before as well as to the girl. Through clenched teeth Ian mutters to the new man lifting his sword hoping to find answers to the instability rising within him. "What is going on here? Are you the one responsible for bringing me to this dismal place?"

11. Athena

Selenity had closed her eyes, keeping her composure, and when they'd landed there were two more people in their line of sight. She turned to Ian and said, "No, his voice his different than the one that spoke. You are way to hasty and it would seem that though I am the youngest in here I am not acting as rashly as the rest of you. I believe that we should put aside our differences and try to figure this out together."

12. Valant Rapitor

[Party]
    "No, you aren't going mad. This isn't a hallucination, nor is it a dream. This is the absolute truth. If you want to know for sure, do whatever you'd like to disprove the fact that this is anything but the truth." The tone became solemn. "Now, once you get acquainted and stop babbling incoherently amongst yourselves, we can get to business."

13. Athena

[Selenity Tekadea]
    After a long silence Selenity said, "I'm Selenity, I come from a world called Everlot. I am the Protector of it's people. Who are all of you and what were all of you before you were all brought here?"

14. BarkingSpider

BarkingSpider New Member

Ian sighed as he sheathed his weapon. "I apologize for blunt remarks. It's just, so very little of this makes any sense. I had let my uneasyness get the better of me." He smiled as he relaxed and stretched a bit. "It is good to meet you Serenity of Everlot. I am Ian Cervantes of Ansalon. I was...er am an inventor, tinkerer, whichever you prefer, for our countries military. But it seems since I'm here now I may need to change professions." He chuckles slightly at his pathetic attempt to bring some levity to the situtation.

15. Meaikoh

"I'm a warrior. You must have all heard my name."

He shrugged, still carrying his blade. "Some say I've got demon's blood. I don't tell them any different."

16. Athena

*Selenity Takeadea*
    Selenity Takeadea turned to the last one of the group and asked, "What is your name sir and where have you come from?"