manga or anime?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by me_dreaming_zzz, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

a good amount of the humor in the manga series comes from small puns that only work in Japanese so...unfortunetly its lost a good deal of its humor in the american version which is why i only have the Japanese version.

2. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i mean't his voice in the american one .i didnt like it and i think it dosent go well with his personality if you know what i mean.

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

well for a lot of English speaking people his american seiyuu sounds better because it is a guy. his japanese seiyuu is Suzukaze Mayo, who is a female and sings the second ending theme Namida Wa Shitteru. i personally think his japanese Seiyuu fits him much better than this american...which is kinda why i didnt really care when the pulled Kenshin off Toonami.

4. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

My biggest objection to this terrible, horrid, atrocious english translation of the already shameful series is "Oro." Kenshin just isn't Kenshin without "Oro!" It seems American Kenshin fans and I speak a different language. They just don't understand where everything comes from, and I've actually given up discussing with them, because I have to stop and explain each of my sentences. From a cultural viewpoint, the english version isn't even on the map.

5. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

i think that manga kenshin better than anime kenshin

6. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

What is "ORO"? People here use it so often, and i have nooooo idea what it means :shy: . So, can u (or someone else here) PLEASE explain what "ORO" means??

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

its esentially a dialect note...kinda like saying "huh?"