Manga Manga VS Comics

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by dunpeal_20, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Know what the wierd part of that is? Most mangas are in black and white while comics are in color. So we both are putting color to our imaginary anime.

I do like manga for being in black and white because it comes out faster. Atleast I think it does. Once a week compared to once a month.

2. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

With comics can it be funny paper, sunday morning comics or is this just about DC and Marvel(are there others)? I like manga. I avoid super hero comics, not to say that they can't be good. They just wear out fast and are read by the frightening uber fan geeks. What? They weird me out abit. I'll stick to graphic novels thank yew.

3. dunpeal_20

dunpeal_20 New Member

:sad:​
    I agree with you about uber fan geeks. Super Heros Comics are MAGNETS for SUPER GEEKS​

:sad:​
    ~ no offense ment (~_~) ~

It can be any "comic".....but, going into the funny newspaper comics..... you start going into a completely different genre (with in the "comic" industry its self) just compare the artistry to lets say a BATMAN comic or Sandman graphic novel ( :D love sandman) completely different style in drawing all together let alone the content sublte or not.

Thank you for saying the word graphic novel it has been eluding me for some time. :shy3: I just could not remember what they were called. :anime:

That is what I ment to say I read graphic novels more that super heros comics just my BATMAN fetish gets the better of me sometimes. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. IceLands

IceLands New Member

Im just giving my opinion and thats it,

even though i read mangas more often then i read comics now, I going to have to say comics, the art work is diffrent there,
    and plus the name is also a comic icelands

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

All comics and manga inevitably attract uber geeks.

Saying one is worse than the other is like saying the Black Plague is better than Ebola.